DC MONDAY SEPTEMBER 24

Stephen

I laughed when I heard her say we have a black muslim in the White House because I took it like jasonackos said. It was her way of poking fun at people thinking he is a muslim. The media seems to be taking it literally though.

That thought crossed my mind, but when it comes to politics you really can't be ironic or funny because there will always be people who take it literally - look at the brilliance that was the original "American Life" video. Not that Madonna is a politician but pop stars and politics is a tricky combination.

I think if the rest of her speech was tongue in cheek, the joke would've translated better.

I actually dont even think Obama is a christian by the way. At least not in the literal sense.

He is too bright to take the Bible literally and to believe in men coming back from the dead.

I think he is an atheist, personally. And I am fine with it.

Critics were going too good in the US ... welcome back the meltdown lol

Tell me about it. One way or another, consciously or subconciously she calls upon controversey. I feel bad cause I think it's going to make her sad but she doesn't realize she does it herself. I'm the same way. Our brains are obviously more advanced then the Neanderthals that still live with ancient ideals and when we speak out or speak our mind in general, people always have an issue.

I'm probably like this because of her :lol:

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Which 1 are you Mensch? Can you be seen in that vid? :wow:

No, I can't even believe there were that many people behind me. I saw that empty spot and it was magical. It was so fast. I saw the guy's face while he was singing to her and then there she was in my face! I'm dying 12:51 ...I think I'm flying around to see her in different places...

Seriously...

Well come to Dallas and let's party it up!!! You shoulda said hi to me at Yankee Stadium :inlove:

I wasn't lucky enough to be in the PIT for either night but I guess third times a charm and Guy literally told me he'd get me into the PIT for any and every show (only catch, I think he mentioned, "but only you") ...

Jesus how did you get such a hookup? Did you suck it? :rotfl:

I wanted to...

I really wanted to.

Idk I just professed to him my devotion and my plans and my lifelong journey and how amazing this era has been for hardcore fans. I really feel blessed by this era. Fuck the promotion. I never thought I'd get this close to Madonna for an entire full show experience, let alone 6 shows (3 in the PIT, 2on the floor& 1first row of the side view which was perfect) and more to go...

I know you understand my love for M just by that video you posted and how you expressed your enthusiasm...

It was just my favorite show thus far for all those memorable reasons and more...

this whole show is about throwing up a big mirror into people's faces so this comment and albeit this reaction is not surprising. She knows what she's doing and she's doing it well.

The woman has been around the world many times and has seen many, many things that we can't even imagine. She's done a lot of observing and she knows how to tell a story and how to make people think....well before they're ready to face any of the issues she is ready to talk about.

Give The Queen of the Universe a break. She's earned her crown.

this whole show is about throwing up a big mirror into people's faces so this comment and albeit this reaction is not surprising. She knows what she's doing and she's doing it well.

The woman has been around the world many times and has seen many, many things that we can't even imagine. She's done a lot of observing and she knows how to tell a story and how to make people think....well before they're ready to face any of the issues she is ready to talk about.

Give The Queen of the Universe a break. She's earned her crown.

Totally! the fact that she makes millions though does make it a little harder for the masses or anyone in general.

PS. my mom had a blast. loved the varied texts i got from her. the first section being a "bit violent" :lmao: . and that the crowd was varied greatly :inlove: . and there was some folk music. guessing that was the Kalakan guys.

I was in the pit and hands down the most amazing Madonna concert experience EVER!! By a long shot!! She was on FIRE with these DC shows. I'm still kinda in shock I think, it's kind of all still sinking in. I was within touching distance to the Queen!! I could see her eye movements lol...as strange as that probably sounds. I just never thought I'd have a chance to see her THAT close. LAV/LS enthralled me the night before but seeing it this close and seeing how RAW, passionate yet graceful she was during that performance was just a moving experience. I'm ecstatic I got to see her this close but sad cuz all that anticipation is over now and I just don't see how this can be beat in the future. But of course never say never when it comes to M. This show is definitely one of her career highlights. I thought I would be satiated after seeing it in the golden triangle....that's kind of the pinnacle. But....I'm so thinking about Charlotte now :lol: .....I'm Addicted to MDNA. Two times just isn't enough!!!

Also the crowd at both DC shows seemed more diverse to me than the past couple tours. It felt more like the DWT audiences. I saw "wannabes" that looked to range in age from 10-60. Of course some of the obviously uncomfortable straight guys with their girlfriends, I saw all colors, white, black, brown, red and yellow. Despite popular belief Madonna actually has a very diverse fan base.

I was in the pit and hands down the most amazing Madonna concert experience EVER!! By a long shot!! She was on FIRE with these DC shows. I'm still kinda in shock I think, it's kind of all still sinking in. I was within touching distance to the Queen!! I could see her eye movements lol...as strange as that probably sounds. I just never thought I'd have a chance to see her THAT close. LAV/LS enthralled me the night before but seeing it this close and seeing how RAW, passionate yet graceful she was during that performance was just a moving experience. I'm ecstatic I got to see her this close but sad cuz all that anticipation is over now and I just don't see how this can be beat in the future. But of course never say never when it comes to M. This show is definitely one of her career highlights. I thought I would be satiated after seeing it in the golden triangle....that's kind of the pinnacle. But....I'm so thinking about Charlotte now :lol: .....I'm Addicted to MDNA. Two times just isn't enough!!!

Love your review. I agree. It was by far the best Madonna concert I've ever been to. I wasn't in the GT but for the second night I had a great view in one of the 100 sections. Also, agree with what you said in your other post about the diversity of the audience. Right in front of me was there black gay couple who were going crazy during Vogue when the black drag queen dancing with the headdress came out. There was also this black girl who was dancing like crazy during I'm Addicted as well as older couple in their 60's on the other side. I know it's crazy but I'm thinking about Charlotte too now! My father lives outside Charlotte and I've never visited him down there. I might combine a visit with him with another Madonna concert!

Some M fans, don't get her sense of humor, It's so sad really, bacause irony and humor were part of her expression for years.

In Chicago, during LAP she teased the audience because they mixed up the lyrics. On the second night, before she gave the mic to the audience, she said 'you better kbow the lyrics this time'...or something similar... Some fans really got offended and wrote about it in some forum,one couple posted that they were so offended they would NEVER pay to see her live again. WTF!

Some M fans, don't get her sense of humor, It's so sad really, bacause irony and humor were part of her expression for years.

In Chicago, during LAP she teased the audience because they mixed up the lyrics. On the second night, before she gave the mic to the audience, she said 'you better kbow the lyrics this time'...or something similar... Some fans really got offended and wrote about it in some forum,one couple posted that they were so offended they would NEVER pay to see her live again. WTF!

It's so strange because I can remember when I first started visiting these forums....last century...LOL....and it seems like anybody who cared enough to discuss her in depth as we do, "got" her. Idk if it's the internet and people reading things and just taking them literally all the time that has sort of reconditioned the way some people think or WHAT but I've definitely noticed increasingly over the years that the press and her own fans aren't "getting" her like they used to. Like the whole "a girls gotta pay the bills" comment when talking about getting ready to go on tour. FANS ran with that and made a big ordeal about "oh that shows she's NOT into her music and performing anymore...she's just about the money...MATERIAL GIRL" LOL.....I'm like REALLY people!?? Come on now. That is a typical tongue in cheek Madonna statement. I also don't think fans "get" her work as much. Some say MDNA is a pretty undefined era in terms of a theme, message and look. I think it's one of her most cohesive in years.....just not as blatantly as say COADF. Anyways....that's another can of worms.

Personally, being that I was at this particular show I find the little "fuss" this is causing a bit funny if not ridiculous. To me it was VERY obvious Madonna was very into what she was saying, she was being a smart ass sort of mocking what the racist, rednecks think about him. She simply got carried away,....that's it. She was feeling what she was saying. Not unlike myself here when I'm FORCED to defend Hard Candy or whatever "abomination" Madonna has unleashed on her fans! :lol:

Love your review. I agree. It was by far the best Madonna concert I've ever been to. I wasn't in the GT but for the second night I had a great view in one of the 100 sections. Also, agree with what you said in your other post about the diversity of the audience. Right in front of me was there black gay couple who were going crazy during Vogue when the black drag queen dancing with the headdress came out. There was also this black girl who was dancing like crazy during I'm Addicted as well as older couple in their 60's on the other side. I know it's crazy but I'm thinking about Charlotte too now! My father lives outside Charlotte and I've never visited him down there. I might combine a visit with him with another Madonna concert!

I'm glad you had a great time! A friend of mine was in the 100 section on Sunday night and he said it was a phenomenal view. I actually had purchased tix in the 106 section for Monday night so I could see the whole stage just looking straight ahead. Then I won the GT tix so I gave the other two to a couple friends. Yeah, this tour definitely brought out a huge variety of people! I'm so fantasizing about Charlotte in my head, I just don't know if I can swing it though. I'm only 1 1/2 hours from DC so going back and forth two days in a row really is no biggie but Charlotte is like 5-6 hours away so I'd definitely have to get a hotel etc etc. I mean honestly, at this time last week I had no idea I was even going to end up going to the DC show on Mon but it ended up happening so....we'll see. I'm kind of curious to see the audience reaction in these "smaller" cities in the South and Midwest.....St. Louis, Kansas City, Charlotte etc.