Madonna scraps plan to tour Australia!

Camacho

Wouldnt it be funny if we wake up someday next month and theres a big press release with Aussie and Asian dates as if none of this ever happened :lmao:

It would be funny, if equal parts MIRACULOUS

I have already dreamed that last week. That it was the first news story on the radio when I woke up.....how cruel life is :lol:

Also, if *anyone* gets a chance to speak to Guy or anyone 'in the know' at one of the upcoming shows, it would be greatly appreciated if you could ask what happened/is happening with Australia. Part of me (a *very* small part) maintains a forlorn hope that M is going to announce an MDNA Tour part II for Australia/NZ. Stupid, I know. But it would make sense for her to do a slightly different tour here, perhaps more along the lines of a 'greatest hits' tour considering she's only ever been to Australia once and never to New Zealand. I know this is just wishful thinking though - at this stage I'd be *very* surprised if she ever comes here again.

This :cries:

Get a load of this shite from Live Nation Australia....who are still coping a barrage of complaints over the MDNA fiasco -

LiveNation A/NZ - Guys please accept we can not dignify the many and varied rumours that circulate about tours coming to Australia - Madonna and countless others. We are constantly in the process of tentatively planning for the "what if" scenarios and we heard what you heard. But as mentioned we only speak on behalf of tours for ANZ and despite best intentions we are in formed the MDNA tour concludes in Sth America. We are unable to speculate beyond what we've already published.

The bastards still won't acknowledge the press releases....even if they say 'yep, someone in LN did say this, now it's not happening'. At least admit your company said it...FFS! People won't leave this alone until it is acknowledged. Who gives a shit about the reason why now.....just admit it!

I think I get what's happening now. The rumor mill churned something out, the Australian press ran with it, Live Nation Australia made their statement with their hands tied (they have NO CLUE what's going on, evidenced by San's post), and now every Australian fan - and the internet as a whole - have pretty much taken it as confirmation that the tour isn't coming.

No wonder Madonna and Guy haven't said anything. What's happening is: negotiations are still going on, or they're in jeopardy, or SOMETHING, but nothing is set in stone yet - for the positive OR negative. I still feel like the likelihood of it being officially scrapped is high, but I don't think it's at all official yet. We've totally fallen hook line and sinker for a premature rumor tbqh.

Throw potatoes, Weetbix, wallabies, vegemite, and lamingtons at me for saying that, but that's what my gut is telling me and that's what I believe :) Take of it what you will.

Oh, and another reason I think Guy has failed to respondto the no doubt SIEGE of Twitter abuse is because he probably hasn't TRULY used Twitter or looked at his mentions in weeks. :lmao: I bet you $100 all he does is snap pics, upload them to Twitpic, and that's it :lol:

I don't think we are back at square one, I'd say we are at the point where Live Nation are saying its off and M and Guy are ignoring Aussie fans........Guy has been on Twitter he has seen the tweets

I don't think we are back at square one, I'd say we are at the point where Live Nation are saying its off and M and Guy are ignoring Aussie fans........Guy has been on Twitter he has seen the tweets

I agree. Its over. So are Madonna's touring days in Australia. Madonna is never coming back. Plain and simple. At least we don't miss out on anyone else

I feel awful for the Australian fans, moreso now than any other tour because it looked like it was really happening this time. Even Madonna herself pretty much said it in that Italian interview.

To be honest, I think what's happening is that they looked at the European Boxscores, which are clearly down from Sticky, and they feel that the demand in Australia may not be there and she may not make that much $$$ to justify the trek.

To quote Madonna, "I don't know. I'm truly mystified. Maybe she'll tell me one day."

Throw potatoes, Weetbix, wallabies, vegemite, and lamingtons at me for saying that, but that's what my gut is telling me and that's what I believe :) Take of it what you will.

OMG! How do you know about those things :lol:

Also, if *anyone* gets a chance to speak to Guy or anyone 'in the know' at one of the upcoming shows, it would be greatly appreciated if you could ask what happened/is happening with Australia. Part of me (a *very* small part) maintains a forlorn hope that M is going to announce an MDNA Tour part II for Australia/NZ. Stupid, I know. But it would make sense for her to do a slightly different tour here, perhaps more along the lines of a 'greatest hits' tour considering she's only ever been to Australia once and never to New Zealand. I know this is just wishful thinking though - at this stage I'd be *very* surprised if she ever comes here again.

god - really wish I had had the presence of mind to ask him obo you guys at the brum show! He stood right next to me as he photographed the couple next to me for his twatter. prob would have been chucked out though!

just my 0.02 but could LN aus be sued after making a formal cancellation announcement? is aus litigious that way?

really feel for you guys as this wound clearly runs deep!

ipex - have you put this request on the Dublin thread?

I feel awful for the Australian fans, moreso now than any other tour because it looked like it was really happening this time. Even Madonna herself pretty much said it in that Italian interview.

To be honest, I think what's happening is that they looked at the European Boxscores, which are clearly down from Sticky, and they feel that the demand in Australia may not be there and she may not make that much $$$ to justify the trek.

To quote Madonna, "I don't know. I'm truly mystified. Maybe she'll tell me one day."

Good to see you arent being nasty for once over the issue

.....To be honest, I think what's happening is that they looked at the European Boxscores, which are clearly down from Sticky, and they feel that the demand in Australia may not be there and she may not make that much $$$ to justify the trek.

that could be true, but if it is, it's stupid, how are they going to know what kind of sales they are going to get if they dont even put up the tickets. Guy knows Australians were buzzing about this when the tour press release went out...hell even when Smirnoff's T&C's were shown for the Dance competition and it said "must be able to travel to the following countries...Australia, New Zealand" everyone downunder was spreading it like wildfire and the tour hadn't even been officially announced at that point.

I can't see how that is a valid reason, or a business decision solely based on what they think might now sell in this territory. Where are you going to have the best chance of selling out, Countries that saw you on your last 5 tours? or Countries that have either never seen you, or you haven't been to in 20 years and they have been begging you to come back ever since??

I feel LNAU/NZ know a lot more than they are saying, I mean please bitch "We are constantly in the process of tentatively planning for the "what if" scenarios and we heard what you heard" STFU! "something" was in the works and then it got changed. Damn just stop bullshitting us, no one's gonna chop your head off if you just straight out tell us "Sorry you guys are not a priority, we'll sell out but it's not enough money for us"...or whatever the fuck the reason is. You'd be amazed at how people will move on when you tell them the truth and not treat them like idiots.

You are probaly not far from the truth. For Sticky and Sweet she visited cities in Europe that she had never been to or hadnt played in years. Unfortunately at a lot of the shows the screens, stage and sound was inadequate which left people feeling shortchanged. Add in the recession in Europe with the high ticket prices, lack of hit single and not promoting MDNA

You are probaly not far from the truth. For Sticky and Sweet she visited cities in Europe that she had never been to or hadnt played in years. Unfortunately at a lot of the stadium shows the screens, stage and sound was inadequate which left people feeling shortchanged. Add in the recession in Europe with the high ticket prices, lack of hit single and not promoting MDNA and it's not difficult to see why they haven't shifted as many tickets as last time. I guess they are scared she won't sell out stadiums in Australia, or maybe they are trying to book her into arenas but the returns do not make it financially worthwhile.

according to twitter posts theres a rumoured second leg, apparently they are trying to book London o2 on April 27th & April 28th probably a pile of shit but fingers crossed, oz might be on 2nd leg

Oooohh.

I would love to see the show in an arena. I hope it's true (and the bit about Australia too).

Live Nation hasn't said shit though. That's a fact. They even admitted publicly that they don't know.

I checked guy's twitter just a few days ago, and it was tweets and tweets of auto-upload fan pics, has he actually written something in the last few days?

Like I said, I'm not confident that anything is gonna happen for the positive. All I'm saying is...we'll see :)

OMG! How do you know about those things :lol:

Sigh. I guess it's time I came clean with you guys about who I really am.

My name is Julia. Julia Gillard.

In all seriousness, I've always stanned for Australia and I'm kind of enamored with the culture and I intend to spend some time there when I get a chance. I've never been. I lived overseas (Abu dhabi) for awhile and went to school with a few expat Aussies, watched your morning shows, and ate a lot of your food brands :lol:

Last week, everything was still on (the exact dates are irrelevant now, but they spanned from Brisbane on January 9th to Perth on January 22nd, with two shows in each of four cities, which fits in with what Madonntribe were saying).

Just for my own curiousity, Carta.

Which cities and venues had been tapped for M's now-cancelled Aussie tour?

Was she supposed to go to Adelaide?

Was she booked for ANZ Stadium or Sydney Football Stadium in Sydney?

Was she booked for Suncorp Stadium or Queensland Sport and Athletics Centre in Brisbane?

Was she booked for Eithad Stadium in Melbourne?

Was she booked for Patersons Stadium or nib Stadium in Perth?

Can you tell us for sure?

I think the recession in Europe is relatively neglectable in the equation.

1. market saturation, a lot people who wanted 2 c M as in a 'once in a life time' thing did.

2. they r not coming back 4 seconds en masse cuz they were disappointed by the lack of hits (Sticky was not well received by her casual/radio fans)

I personally don't care, either way but bitch needs 2 realize that she should either cut back on stadiums as her production is better suited 4 arenas or do more hits when playing stadiums. One or the other

RE: Australia would b an instant sellout though, she hasn't been there in 20 years, so LN would b pretty stupid 2 make that decision based on the Euro leg of the tour.

totally agree, except for the relatively neglectable thing.... things are going every day worse and put those prices, specially for stafiums, is absurd.

I feel really bad for all the Aussie fans! I really thought it was going to happen this time! A second leg is definitely a possibility, considering how the sales were for this tour compared to the last tour. I'm really surprised there hasn't been an announcement yet. I assume they are still working things out with the venues. I'm pretty hopeful Australia will be added to the second leg. Let's all be positive people! :sheena: