Store Reports: How much? How many? Any displays?

thebigham

Just got back from Best Buy here in Tulsa. They had a very prominent New Releases display. Madonna, Mariah & Barbra are the featured artists. Madonna took up more space as they had the 2 CD & DVD's displayed. When I was there I noticed Barbra seemed to be moving the most copies, followed by Madonna. It didn't look as if Mariah had moved any copies. I did see a girl in her 20's who bought a copy of the 2 disc version and the DVD for Celebration.

alberto, I always see your avatar at the Madonna community at Amazon.

went to Target...

2 CD was displayed at the front with Babs and Horiah. Had more copies of the other two than Madonna. Didn't see the DVD. Employee asked if I needed help, showed him the 2 disc and asked if they had the DVD, he said someone else asked this morning and he hadn't seen it. Kept looking, found the one disc and the DVD (3 copies) placed with the other new releases (like from the last couple of months).

1CD 11.98

2CD 15.98

DVD 19.99

Guest hot revolver

I saw a large amount maybe unspoiled 30 double discs. in comparison to memoirs there was 40 or 50 maybe but sum were missing.

my suggestion to supress mariahs sales is to place celebration over memoirs to conceal it so people dont see mimi's album. maybe do this twice a day at ur local retailers. i did this at target and walmart already. if i have a chance im going to go back to hide in case they reorganized the shelves. if just a few thousand of us do this than thats like 50 cds each, it could possibly be 50k less for mimi

Sadly since there are only a few REAL music stores in my area (and the prices are always WAAAY jacked up) I went to Target to buy my copy of the CD and DVD. They had a display that included the 2 disc Celebration and Mimi's was right next to it...lol. There were 2 "rows" of Memoirs and both were full, so unless they had another "row" on display and sold all of them, I don't think a copy of MOAIA had been sold at my Target location. I'd estimate there were about 20 copies of Mimi's CD and about 10 copies (which had obviously been picked through as they were kind of everywhere) of Celebration. I had a hard time finding the DVD so I had to ask, but there was only 1 left after I took mine. I did see several copies of the single disc CD near the DVD's.

Also when I was in line the cashier got so perky talking about how she used to wake up every morning and swim to Madonna, then these two homos got in line behind me and they had copies of the CD too and she was just like "OMG...everybody is buyin Madonna today!" LOL.

Guest hot revolver

Sadly since there are only a few REAL music stores in my area (and the prices are always WAAAY jacked up) I went to Target to buy my copy of the CD and DVD. They had a display that included the 2 disc Celebration and Mimi's was right next to it...lol. There were 2 "rows" of Memoirs and both were full, so unless they had another "row" on display and sold all of them, I don't think a copy of MOAIA had been sold at my Target location. I'd estimate there were about 20 copies of Mimi's CD and about 10 copies (which had obviously been picked through as they were kind of everywhere) of Celebration. I had a hard time finding the DVD so I had to ask, but there was only 1 left after I took mine. I did see several copies of the single disc CD near the DVD's.

Also when I was in line the cashier got so perky talking about how she used to wake up every morning and swim to Madonna, then these two homos got in line behind me and they had copies of the CD too and she was just like "OMG...everybody is buyin Madonna today!" LOL.

damn right we are!! i luv it when gays prove their purchasing power lol

In Los Angeles at Ameboa Records Madonna's was the only one under new release dispaly both cd editions and the dvd, No babs or mariah on display!

And tons of peeps were grabing the Madonna double cd edition and dvd. Also on sell was the Celebration pic disc.

I saw a large amount maybe unspoiled 30 double discs. in comparison to memoirs there was 40 or 50 maybe but sum were missing.

my suggestion to supress mariahs sales is to place celebration over memoirs to conceal it so people dont see mimi's album. maybe do this twice a day at ur local retailers. i did this at target and walmart already. if i have a chance im going to go back to hide in case they reorganized the shelves. if just a few thousand of us do this than thats like 50 cds each, it could possibly be 50k less for mimi

Stop. There is no reason to hide Mariah's cds.

I'm in a shitsmall town in Ontario so my options were limited to begin with.....I ended up with 2cd and dvd sets!!

Future Shop only had 2 cd version for $19.99 - NO DVD at all, not even coming in which really surprised me!!

That's what happened to me to, they weren't carrying the single CD version either. So I had to drive another 20 minutes to the mall to buy the DVD at HMV. :lol:

TARGET has the DVD. But you have to look. It's not where you really expect. I found them in the section "Best Buys" or something of that sort with all the semi new stuff. And the 2 CD was available in front of all the CD's with other new CDs, while the single CD was found with the other Madonna CD's along with more 2 CD's available.

$11.99 Single CD

$15.99 Double CD

$19.99 DVD

Stuck the CD in my awesome car stereo and listened to the first three songs before going home. It sounded great.

And no True Blue!!! WTF IS UP WITH THAT!? It was a HIT!!! And its a great pure pop song.

But overall a great compilation.....

BTW your Zachary Quinto make out thing is making me crazy.....In a REALLY good way!! He's so hot!!

I JUST WENT TO EVERY STORE IN THE AREA AND SHOVED EVERY MARIAH CD I FOUND UP MY ARSE!!!!! Thats like another 5k that wont be counted!! EVERYONE ELSE DO YOUR PART!

:rotfl: typical!

Mimi will take a hit in sales this time around... :dramatic:

Just bought a single disc version at J&R. They put bab in front for 6.99. Madge and Mimi are in the back for 9.99. Mimi is really selling, meanwhile Madge is still full rack.

Also at Target in Elmhurst and long island, all versions were sold out.

Bought the 2CD at WalMart for $17.88. Since other stores are out of my way, I didn't mind paying the extra buck. No promo whatsoever. Have to go look for it in the isle. 1CD was $10.00. A few 1CD & 2CD left on the rack. Didn't look for the 2DVD.

Guest boytoyville

Just got back from Best Buy. Little fan fair. There were not a whole lot of copies displayed. There were 10 2 cd sets on the best sellers wall and 4 single Cd's Looks like not more than that were originally displayed. They didn't even but any copies in the new releases section on the end cap. In her regular section their were 6 two CD sets and 5 single CD sets. There were only 2 DVD sets in the whole store. Mariah had a lot more copies of her album shipped to this store because there were a lot in all of the sections I just mentioned for her. Barbra had about the same amount of albums as Madonna had in the store.

I believe that MiMi's album might actually help Celebration in the US. SO many gays are gonna buy MiMi this week. When they see Madonna they might buy her too! The same might happen with MiMi. The majority is not loons like us, they like both!

I believe that MiMi's album might actually help Celebration in the US. SO many gays are gonna buy MiMi this week. When they see Madonna they might buy her too! The same might happen with MiMi. The majority is not loons like us, they like both!

You forgot Barbara as well. It must be one HUGE gay man sausage fest in the CD sections today.

just got home..bought the 2CD edition..at Target..they had roughly 16 copies (and about 4 single disc copies in the regular bin)...and only a handful of Mariah's left (a couple of empty shelves with the Mariah price sticker)..also had 2 empty spots where Babs album was...Madonna will be in at no. 3 behind Mariah and Babs, no doubt about it.

:megamanson:

What an utter cunt. I would do never do something like that. One copy is enough.

I know. I was just staring at it like wtf. I knew her fans did this shit, but I never actually saw one in the act.

Also, I think that just because Mariah cds look untouched in some stores, it doesn't mean they aren't being bought. I used to work at Tower and new release racks especially were always kept stocked. But then again Tower was bigger and probably had more stock on hand to begin with. Now that Tower & Virgin are gone I don't think I will ever see a store stocked with all of her albums. If I still worked at Tower I would have all 6 cds playing be Madonna's today as I would every time she had a new release. Also, on her birthday and sometimes for no particular reason. I made 3 greatest hits albums and if was working I always had at least 1 on. I probably should mention though that I worked in the video department and wasn't on the main floor, but I did what I could. We usually had 1 person working in video at a time so that person could play whatever they wanted. You couldn't get away with that on the main floor anyway. There was another hardcore M fan and he always made sure her section was perfect. Always kept her cds in the overstock, always re-filled sale racks she was on. As a matter of fact when he got to work, he would go straight to the M section to make sure all was good before he even clocked in. We were able to keep track of sales and would brief each other on how she was doing. Those were good times.

In itunes Paramore is ahead of both. Could they be the ones to snatch the #1 spot from Mariah.

I mean, granted Madonna is not gonna chart higher than Mimi. So lets hope that someone else blocks Mimi from the #1 spot.

if just a few thousand of us do this than thats like 50 cds each, it could possibly be 50k less for mimi

How many people do you think even read this board?

Mariah's album sounds like dick cheese in a blender and it's not going to have legs after its debut anyway.