"Revolver" Daily Mediabase Airplay Report

Guest dicktracy

Oh No more excuses for the US radio she's simply over in the US in terms of airplay , I have accepted that seeing what happened to Hard Candy's Give it 2 me. Great track actually but seeing whats happening now with all the other releases Celebration and revolver included flopping and dropping like flies ,

i dont think promoting would help as elsewhere in the world she's doin fine. I'd say if its the gays and some other niche market she appeals to then she just mantain it no use in begging other markets to appreciate her cuz i guess in the end its gonna be another MJ story where theyre just goin to appreciate her when she's gone.Sad really but at least she still have her live tours and she's still well loved elsewhere other than the States.Let them have GAGA lol

hacienda_501.jpg

i mean the indian looking guy in your signature picture. is that sendil from heroes?

:vanitybonet:

Oh. :lol: I forgot about that dude. Dont really focus in on him. :lmao: To be honest I have no idea who he is.

Exactly! So true. Madonna does nothing to deserve airplay. If you turn on the TV in the US you're gonna see artists on each and every show trying to promote their music. The competition is huge. You should try hard to have airplay.

She doesn't do more in Europe, and she gets airplay there. The competition is the same !

Promotion will be good, it can only help and raise interest, but the airplay she's getting can't be an answer to her not promoting her music. That would be way too simple and I don't want to tell myself that anyone could get airplay thanks to promotion...

Edited by From France

Guest dicktracy

Oh No more excuses for the US radio she's simply over in the US in terms of airplay , I have accepted that seeing what happened to Hard Candy's Give it 2 me. Great track actually but seeing whats happening now with all the other releases Celebration and revolver included flopping and dropping like flies ,

i dont think promoting would help as elsewhere in the world she's doin fine. I'd say if its the gays and some other niche market she appeals to then she just mantain it no use in begging other markets to appreciate her cuz i guess in the end its gonna be another MJ story where theyre just goin to appreciate her when she's gone.Sad really but at least she still have her live tours and she's still well loved elsewhere other than the States.Let them have GAGA lol

hacienda_501.jpg

So... HAS MADONNA BECOME CYNDI LAUPER??

Guest dicktracy

Date - Total Spin / Total AI

18/9 - 1 / 0.052m

19/9 - 1 / 0.052m

20/9 - 1 / 0.052m

21/9 - 1 / 0.052m

22/9 - 1 / 0.052m

:chuckle:

Probably her most consistent airplay in ages...

I don't buy into this age argument

look at Mariah... old and useless yet gets heavy airplay

US radio is anti-MADONNA... that's the problem here

I think she still didn't survive the American Life radio boycott backlash really and also i'm afraid that in the US she is kinda looked on as a "gay act" nowadays...

I remember when 4 Mintues was out and some radios didn't want to play it because they didn't want to be seen as "gay channels"... and this had only to do with Madonna's name being attached to the song...

This is a problem.

In Europe they seem not to bother but for some reason it seems to be a problem in the US.

Age has everything to do with it. Madonna was getting plenty of airplay when she was Mariah's age (40), so i see no double standard there.

There was no boycott. American Life was given a shot at radio and it didn't work. People didn't like it.

Anyway, 4 Minutes proved that she is still capable of doing well at radio (with the right collaborator). It's possible Revolver can do very well, if some effort is put into it's promotion.

[/img]

So... HAS MADONNA BECOME CYNDI LAUPER??

Nope i think in the US they have a certain quota for success , one cant be successful in all the things that one do. She's making a killing at the touring box office be it US or otherwise maybe they think thats too much success already lol

Besides it was clear that I did say radio airplay not in all aspects of the carreer....

hacienda_501.jpg

Edited by nikki_finn73

If she releases again something radio friendly, they're gonna play her. Music was extremely radio friendly in the US and they played the hell out of it. After the Music singles, they supported Die Another Day enough. Then they tried to play American Life but people didn't like it. Then, Hung Up, a dance/disco song released in 2005 when dance was not popular at all on the radio, did OK. Then 4 Minutes, they played it a lot! It was one of the most added songs ever on the pop format the last 10 years. Something like +2600 spin move the first week it was out which is insane

Now, Celebration. It's not radio friendly at all!

Probably her most consistent airplay in ages...

In fact the daily report is actually the total spin in the past 7 days...

Duration: Total Spin / Total AI

12/9 - 18/9: 1 / 0.052m

13/9 - 19/9: 1 / 0.052m

14/9 - 20/9: 1 / 0.052m

15/9 - 21/9: 1 / 0.052m

16/9 - 22/9: 1 / 0.052m

In other words, if that particular day which Revolver received a spin no longer in the 7 days period of time, the total spin will minus 1 as well as losing the respective AI gained...

19/9 - 25/9: 0 / 0.00m

it's not? but love game is? makes no sense.

:vanitybonet:

In the US it makes plenty of sense

LoveGame is an urban influenced Pop song, which also has a fresh sound to it.

Celebration is an 90's euroclub dance-pop song made for the gays. There's no comparison.

From Brad at Pulse:

"Revolver" seems to be getting the majority of its spins from stations not included in the Quick Cut panel. It has received 18 spins to date (worth 236,000 impressions).

0.236m

SMASH HIT! :dramatic:

There was no boycott. American Life was given a shot at radio and it didn't work. People didn't like it.

That simple, really ?

People didn't like it...People that had the power to make the song and what she had to say disapear... Of course the message could'nt be popular at that time (look how they laughed at the "Bush years" in the Letterman show today, though), but it seems too simple to say that people as a whole didn't like it, that's impossible.

Obviously she was banned with no airplay at that time, because of her politic statement.

I still don't undestand how Pitbull can get airplay today in the USA with his dance song, and nothing for Celebration.

It's not a matter of music style to me !

Edited by From France

Guest Danny86

The USA is always looking for the latest fad and loves to create one hit wonders. They either make hype for a song/artist or they follow into a buzz they are noticing, simple as that. Outside the black community they don't care about "legends" or anything. It doesn't matter if a song is not "in genre" like Pitbull or Lady Gaga, currently they are decided to be the hottest thing and that's that.

I agree with nikki_finn73's points, it seems the industry does not want anyone to be constantly successful without long breaks, but unfortunately the rest of the world is catching up on that. UK's radio 1 is not supporting Madonna anymore, neither is France's NRJ. Outside the US Madonna's longevity is definitely unmatched and it seems they are now having a trouble to handle that. Since 1998 pretty much anything Madonna released got a positive response in Europe, even a single like "Hollywood" got nice airplay, so it was a matter of time...