Stars on Madonna

elijah

Connie Francis in reply to Larry King regarding Madonna overtaking Connie........."I think Madonna is talented but I have to say, Sorry Madonna. Like a Virgin should have been my song. I lived it!" (reflecting upon her father's reputation of overprotecting her).

I guess she forgot that the song was Like A Virgin and not I'm A Virgin :lmao:

P.S. Didnt she contact Dr. Dre to work on her Confessions album during the initial stages of recording the album?

I thought it was for American Life

what did Madonna say about Mariah in 1994?

madonna has said of mariah in the past...

if i had to sing her songs i'd kill myself

she referred to people buying mariah records as the dumbing of america

she also said the same people who buy mariah records are the same people who freed oj

Madaboutyou, on 13 August 2009 - 10:41 AM, said:

Connie Francis in reply to Larry King regarding Madonna overtaking Connie........."I think Madonna is talented but I have to say, Sorry Madonna. Like a Virgin should have been my song. I lived it!" (reflecting upon her father's reputation of overprotecting her).

I guess she forgot that the song was Like A Virgin and not I'm A Virgin :lmao:

Well, you know what she means. Larry expected Connie to say something negative about Madonna and instead, with her wit, thought of that to say.

"If people think I'm the new Madonna that's fine by me - but I think I'll eventually eclipse her level of fame and success."

Geri Halliwell

"I'd like to record a duet with Madonna but I want to wait a couple of years, so that I'm on the same level as her, as a solo artist."

Melanie C

"You know what - I think I'm more talented than Madonna."

Pink

In the 80s, Whitney was always bleating on about Madonna being a gonna and how she'd have more longevity :lmao:

"If people think I'm the new Madonna that's fine by me - but I think I'll eventually eclipse her level of fame and success."

Geri Halliwell

"I'd like to record a duet with Madonna but I want to wait a couple of years, so that I'm on the same level as her, as a solo artist."

Melanie C

"You know what - I think I'm more talented than Madonna."

Pink

In the 80s, Whitney was always bleating on about Madonna being a gonna and how she'd have more longevity :lmao:

wannabes :demonic:

Geri Halliwell

Melanie C

TOO MUCH :lmao:

'I guess this is the closest I'll get to George Clooney' :chuckle:

Clooney didn't kiss her cause she didn't have a dick. Kidman was also frosty to her at the Golden Globes when she won her award - though she always seems like that anyway.

Millions of celeb quotes on Madonna. Often coming from the same people.

That Q magazine Madonna special had a page of star quotes. Ozzy Osbourne said "she's not beautiful". Sharon Osbourne has had a lot to say - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9916538/

Annie Lennox said in Melody Maker, September 1986 [when asked what did she think about Madonna] "Not a lot. Her songs don't touch me. They have a sense of emptiness. I don't dance to Madonna records. But I don't want to put her down, that's far too easy. I only felt anti-Madonna when she was on MTV rolling around the floor in her wedding dress showing her thigh and garters... I felt that was really whorish..." "There's only one woman I have deep respect for in this industry and that's Chrissie Hynde..."

Here's a load of quotes from the legendary I Hate Madonna Handbook

toastl.jpg

toast2f.jpg

I'm not sure who all those people are meant to be. The UK version of this had the quotes listed I think, rather than a cartoon version

"She could act if she had some training" was Sharon Stone

"I'd kill my kids if they turned out like her" was Whitney

"She's an off-her-beam sleaze" appears to be Debbie Harry who's mostly said positive things

"I'm sick of her because I have no respect for the way she utilizes her talent" looks like Robin Wright Penn or maybe Debbie Gibson who slagged her a lot back then

Connie Frances? :wacko:

Geri Halliwell

Melanie C

Those two quotes made me laugh so hard I nearly peed myself :crazy:

• 2 weeks later...

Sade is the one who compared Madonna to a Big Mac.

I think Loomer is right about Debbie Gibson. My god I hate that stupid wench. Always talking shit about Madonna, not realizing what a pile of z-list horse shit she was from the very beginning :lol: As if your opinion matters DEBROAH GIBSON :rotfl:

LOL I love how Madonna gives the award to Dr. Dre at the MTV VMA's and still manages to be the center of attention. She finds her light and stands directly behind them. Then, she starts looking to her left...something grabs her attention and her mouth drops and when Dr. Dre walks away after his acceptance speech, she's like "Oh Shit, Ooops" LOL

My god I hate that stupid wench. Always talking shit about Madonna, not realizing what a pile of z-list horse shit she was from the very beginning :lol: As if your opinion matters DEBROAH GIBSON :rotfl:

Oh, Miguel.. :lmao:

She said on some entertainment show a few years ago (they were counting down Hollywood's most controversial moments or whatever) that she took the Sex book "personally" because she was trying to steer girls in "the other direction" at the time :rotfl: Delusional beyond belief. Your career was already taking a big SHIT in 1992 Debroah! :queenbitch:

From Wikiquote :

Sting: "She's outrageous, she's provocative, she's inscrutable. And over the years, we've all been witnessed to her evolution, from street smart kid sister to virgin bride, from sex goddess to a yogi. Her mind is as celebrated as her body, she's as feared as she's desired, she leads while others follow... A woman who is all woman, and all women." [45]

Janet Jackson: "I think she's done wonderful things. She's done great things in her career, in her life, and more power to her."HX magazine March 2008

Mary J. Blige: "I don't think the music business, as far as females, would be anything without Madonna." [46]

Tupac Shakur: "I was letting people dictate who should be my friends. I felt like because I was this big Black Panther type of nigga, I couldn't be friends with Madonna. And so I dissed her, even though she showed me nothing but love. I felt bad, because when I went to jail, I called her and she was the only person that was willing to help me." [47]

Marilyn Manson: "I watched a screening of her [Madonna's] film and I was sitting right next to her, which to me was exciting still. I’m not jaded enough to not be excited by that." [48]

Sinéad O'Connor: "I love her, I adore her and I respect her. I pity her for all the analysis she has to put up with." [49]

Cyndi Lauper: "What's your issue? You know how many old geezers do you see with young women. What's the double standard? Who cares? You know, they're both adults. Who cares? What's good for the goose is good for the gander." (When asked about what she thinks about Madonna dating younger man)."It's so inspiring to see her work and she's got some spunk." "We’re both admirers of each others work.

Many more here : http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Madonna

I never though that Streep could be bitchy! Who knew? I think Madonna is a much better singer!!!!!!