Stars on Madonna

elijah

Sting: "She's outrageous, she's provocative, she's inscrutable. And over the years, we've all been witnessed to her evolution, from street smart kid sister to virgin bride, from sex goddess to a yogi. Her mind is as celebrated as her body, she's as feared as she's desired, she leads while others follow... A woman who is all woman, and all women."

This one is just... :dramatic: FUCKING AMAZING.

You could write a book on Boy George quotes. In fact, he did say many things about her in his book which was excellent.

Similarly, Debbie Harry and Cyndi Lauper are asked about Madonna ALL the time

In one old NME article circa 1989/1990 titled "Prima Donna" or "Pre Madonna" they said how she was like the precursor to Madonna. Debbie agreed, but said "her hardcore fans swear that she never ripped me off".

She was resentful when she spoke about her in Q a couple of years back, saying how she couldn't get her solo stuff off the ground cause she was on the same label and how she felt she was moving into her territory cause the whole Monroe thing was her schtick first. But she also said plenty of complimentary things like "It's very nice, but a cheque would be better" when talking about Madonna mentioning her as a big influence.

Lauper said one time, circa 86 "I want to touch people with my music and I don't think she does" but also said "I tell people I'm Madonna and I'm gonna get Sean Penn to beat your ass" and "we have the same face"

Courtney Love is another one of course. That "but the 80s are over" quote was one of the cattiest. She also criticised her film career and said "Evita was a parade of nice clothes and costume changes. It's like a cartoon" and "She provides an object lesson in what not to do if you want a career in film. I think tooting your own is a big mistake".

Kylie and Dannii Minogue have of course spoke of her loads, both negative and positive.

In an old issue of Record Mirror (who are crazy about her, LAP was their album of the year) from 1990, they asked many of the stars oftoday what they thought about Madge. Wish I still had it.

In one old NME article circa 1989/1990 titled "Prima Donna" or "Pre Madonna" they said how she was like the precursor to Madonna. Debbie agreed, but said "her hardcore fans swear that she never ripped me off".

When Debbie was asked about M in a Mojo interview in 1999 Debbie played it down by saying she may have paved the way but had Madonna been born in war torn Bosnia she'd have still managed to get out and do what she did.

Debbie was definitely a precursor to Madonna and made it easier for female pop acts in general but apart from the odd hair do (later in her career) the only Blondie inspired thing Madonna's ever doen is Theif Of Hearts, I don't get any Blondie in She's Not Me. I think Debbie's people pushed for the media to latch onto it, in order to raise Debbie's profile during her re-emergence and it stuck.

thanks for posting the clip, it took me back in a nostalgic vehicle when MTV nominated real "Music"...but What a night for M! First the Dr.Dre, Clooney snub

Yeah, the MTV Awards have lost all credibility with me. I think it's funny that George was so cold to her, but after Princess Diana died, and they both took a stand against the paparazzi, they kind of became friends. George is only attracted to women he can control, so M wouldn't be good for him anyway. He is a fox in that video though. He's so good looking it hurts me.

P.S. Didnt she contact Dr. Dre to work on her Confessions album during the initial stages of recording the album?

She actually wanted him to produce stuff for Bedtime Stories in 1994. He refused. He also refused to work with Metallica who approached him that year as well. He said he preferred to work with "up and coming artists" and not seasoned veterans. Madonna ripped off his sound anyway with "Human Nature" so in the end, she got the record she wanted.

There was also this rumor from July 2002 during the American Life recording sessions:

Madonna has personally called rap producer/artist Dr. Dre to help out

with some tracks on her new CD. We have been told that Madonna first

called Dr. Dre a few months back and asked him to do a track on the new

Austin Powers soundtrack which is released on Maverick Records next

week. Dre agreed to do it and has remixed the Rolling Stones' classic

"Miss You" for the forthcoming Goldmember soundtrack.

Insiders say that Madonna was so blown away by the track that she has

asked him for some help on her new album. No decisions have been made,

but Dr. Dre 's management are said to be against the idea, saying it's

"too pop" for him.

Debbie was definitely a precursor to Madonna and made it easier for female pop acts in general but apart from the odd hair do (later in her career) the only Blondie inspired thing Madonna's ever doen is Theif Of Hearts, I don't get any Blondie in She's Not Me.

What about "Supernatural"? "She's Not Me" is nothing like Blondie (unless you're comparing it to Thief Of Hearts), it's Donna Summer's "Bad Girls".

I was just watching a short documentary on Patti Astor (not strictly a star) and she had this to say. It's a good one:

"Maybe now she's the most powerful woman in the world but back then she was THE club slut giving blowjobs to all the guys in the men's room at Danceteria. She's done well for herself, obviously."

I was just watching a short documentary on Patti Astor (not strictly a star) and she had this to say. It's a good one:

"Maybe now she's the most powerful woman in the world but back then she was THE club slut giving blowjobs to all the guys in the men's room at Danceteria. She's done well for herself, obviously."

oh snap! :nocomment:

Guest Not4Pussies

Yeah, the MTV Awards have lost all credibility with me. I think it's funny that George was so cold to her, but after Princess Diana died, and they both took a stand against the paparazzi, they kind of became friends. George is only attracted to women he can control, so M wouldn't be good for him anyway. He is a fox in that video though. He's so good looking it hurts me.

She actually wanted him to produce stuff for Bedtime Stories in 1994. He refused. He also refused to work with Metallica who approached him that year as well. He said he preferred to work with "up and coming artists" and not seasoned veterans. Madonna ripped off his sound anyway with "Human Nature" so in the end, she got the record she wanted.

There was also this rumor from July 2002 during the American Life recording sessions:

Madonna has personally called rap producer/artist Dr. Dre to help out

with some tracks on her new CD. We have been told that Madonna first

called Dr. Dre a few months back and asked him to do a track on the new

Austin Powers soundtrack which is released on Maverick Records next

week. Dre agreed to do it and has remixed the Rolling Stones' classic

"Miss You" for the forthcoming Goldmember soundtrack.

"too pop" for him.

wow. too pop?

he went on to produce Rich Girl for Gwen Stefani

Oh my FUCKING god! :manson:

* Eric West: A lot of people make her out to be arrogant, and not fan friendly, but I can say otherwise, for such a superstar, she makes you feel as if you’re talking to an old friend. [119]

In the CELEBRITIES section? :lmao:

Oh my FUCKING god! :manson:

In the CELEBRITIES section? :lmao:

:rotfl:

He even got interviewed about her :nocomment: - http://www.drownedmadonna.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=5011

We finally got his Wikipedia page deleted :clap: - http://www.moopy.org.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=1899416

Looks like he tried adding it in again and was deleted right away! - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Eric_West_(2nd_nomination)

"too pop" for him.

Thanx for the info! But that "too pop" thing from his management is a lame excuse. I think he would have done it since he did do stuff with Gwen who is no farther from pop then M.

I never realized Debbie Gibson hated Madonna so much. I always thought she said positive things about her. Who knew?

Debbie had a huge ego back then and she really thought she was gonna continue to be a huge star. Her career dropped faster than a meteor. Her music has always been incredibly dull. Her songs were (mostly) bland and she had the personality of a walnut tree.

Edited by ahafan02

She said on some entertainment show a few years ago (they were counting down Hollywood's most controversial moments or whatever) that she took the Sex book "personally" because she was trying to steer girls in "the other direction" at the time :rotfl: Delusional beyond belief. Your career was already taking a big SHIT in 1992 Debroah! :queenbitch:

Yeah, what she DIDN'T mention was that her career was already over in 92 and that her Electric Youth days were long gone. Timing's off a bit, eh Debs. And she also had a dig at Madge's British accent.

In 1992 Deb was already doing Grease on the West End with Craig McLachlan :chuckle: and she tried to go raunchy back then too, culminating in Playboy, I believe.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=29253045

Anyone Who Says ANYTHING NEGATIVE about Madonna

is either Jealous or Irrelevant.

That Is All. :queenbitch:

I don't get this delusional think by Madonna fans. Why do everybody need to think Madonna's the best. And why dose it automatic means that is someone say something negative there jealous, irrelevant & stupid f**ks.

In an old issue of Record Mirror (who are crazy about her, LAP was their album of the year) from 1990, they asked many of the stars oftoday what they thought about Madge. Wish I still had it.

I'm sure I still have that in my archive - I also have a Melody Maker from 1985 with a similar piece, including a poem Joan Baez wrote after seeing her at Live Aid - all about how she'd have tears in her eyes in 12 months time, when her fame had faded :lmao:

OT but the mag I really regret binning was a copy of Smash Hits that printed a slanging match between Boy George, Pete Burns and Marilyn - the writer asked each of them what they thought of each other, told the person concerned and asked them to comment. :rotfl:

I don't get this delusional think by Madonna fans. Why do everybody need to think Madonna's the best. And why dose it automatic means that is someone say something negative there jealous, irrelevant & stupid f**ks.

Because it just DOES, OK? :queenbitch:

Madonna said she had Debbie Harry in mind when she was working on SNM - I don't get any Blondie in Supernatural either.

Ah I didn't know that about SNM. Supernatural has the same theme as (I'm Always Touched By Your) Presence Dear, but it doesn't actually sound particularly like them. The pre-fame demos like "Take Me (I Want You)" have a Blondie vibe.

OT but the mag I really regret binning was a copy of Smash Hits that printed a slanging match between Boy George, Pete Burns and Marilyn - the writer asked each of them what they thought of each other, told the person concerned and asked them to comment. :rotfl: