New Single ("Celebrate" or "Celebration"?) to hit Radio Soon

dubtronic

Guest Not4Pussies

im ok with a montage if done properly

something like the she's not me backdrop montage

or

something like what alanis morissette did for her eight easy steps video

Paul Oakenfold To Me on Twitter in a pvt message..

"Your Gonna love it its amazing"...

I ask if its used in Holiday on Tour..

"Its only the music of Holiday on tour no vocals used"

I ask to describe the sound

"written in the same Key as Holiday, with a cutting edge sound"

:scared:

Wasn't the production American Life meant to be cutting edge? And talk of a vocoder?

It's AL part two! :yowza:

Any word on remixers?

Guest nothingfails0603
Well, keep dreaming the dream. I seriously DOUBT that type of song would be used in a film like New Moon. :confused: In fact, as much as I would like her to contribute a song to that film, I am thinking she probably won't.

I really can't believe people are still saying this. Madonna's recurrent airplay was virtually unaffected by her comments about the war. U.S. radio continued to play "Into the Groove," "Like a Prayer," and the like. "American Life" was NOT radio friendly which is why that project tanked. There was no ban.

Well, I know there's the age issue. But I still find it peculiar that a relative uncommercial unradio-friendly track like "Die Another Day" debuted higher on airplay than an all-out pop fest such as "Hung Up" peaked on radio. She was already 44 when she did DAD yet radio wasn't shunning her over age then, but once she put out American Life, it closed the book on her as a viable current radio artist. The oldies are the oldies, they are already classics, but as a current hitmaker, American Life practically killed her in the US.

Guest nothingfails0603
How old was Cherilyn when Believe was #1? And Tina? Suppose those are fluke one-offs, consdiering they hadn't had years of sustained success.

Cher was 52 when Believe came out. Tina was 44 when she did What's Love Got To Do With It. I wouldn't consider Tina's success one-off because she had about eight or nine hits in the next 2-3 years, then she came back at age 53 with a one-off top 10 with "I Don't Wanna Fight".

I always considered Cher's "true" comeback the one she had in the late 80's in her early 40's. That comeback sustained her about 3-4 years of hits, while "Believe" was an icing on the cake type of comeback ten years later, kinda like Tina's run of hits from 1984-1987 and then after a few years of middling success (even tho "Simply The Best" from 1989 is regarded as one of her classics, it only peaked at #15 and the album was a stiff), returned with a big hit, then it was back to how it was before.

If "Celebrate" is able to get HU-like airplay (around 27m audience peak, per BDS), that would be impressive. But even that may be a challenge.

Kurt, how about the old days, indeed. A new Madonna track as guaranteed out-of-the-box airplay (look at "American Pie"- managed to get to No. 23 on Hot 100 Airplay before tumbling down). But, age definitely is a factor, and the AL era did negatively impact her radio fortunes thereafter.

I mean, she may be fresher to the youth because of "4 Minutes," but whether that has a positive impact regarding a brand-new track, we'll see.

Celebration or Celebrate is an uninspired mediocre title but if the song itself is great quality I will be pleased. If it's a reference to Holiday, hasn't she already been referencing her own work since the early 00's with an endless stream of montage videos? Give us a new video at least old bird!

I wonder why Revolver wasn't choosen as the lead single? If she has a rapper on it she should've worked with Solomon or QBoy not lil wanye :tongue:

See; Now that's hawt :dramatic:

I'm excited to hear the song but I kinda wish people woudl just detach themselves from the whole "WILL IT BE A HIT" thing and just enjoy it. That part of Madonna's career is over, she keeps her A-list status in a much different way now. She doesn't need radio. Anything extra, including the success of her singles is icing on the cake at this point. That show is over, say goodbye.

4Minutes had Madonna, JT and Timbaland... #11 at airplay is subpar, comparing it to JT and Timbo songs with others... uhm, and it would be easy to top #61 airplay peak is easy to Top and Hung Up rightfully did it... If you will look at MADONNA's last airplay "success", DIE ANOTHER DAY was an instant hit and Madge was 44 already... 4 months before AL then radio went cold...

But if you are arguing that there was a ban then she would have no airplay. Also, "Die Another Day" peaked at #15 on the Hot 100 Airplay chart (which is lower than "4 Minutes") - an instant hit? I don't understand what logic you are using.

Well, DADay debuted at No. 41 on Hot 100 Airplay, so that's kinda an "instant hit." "4 Minutes" debuted at No. 50 on H100 Airplay, ithink, before climbing 50-41-30 (on its way to No. 11, which was M's highest peak on H100 Airplay since DTM hit No. 10).

12, definitely agree about just enjoying the track. Radio is such a low part of the equation now for M- for the chart fans, she can score pretty decently in digital sales with a brand-new track. So that's when you should get some enjoyment- but that's about it.

I'm excited to hear the song but I kinda wish people woudl just detach themselves from the whole "WILL IT BE A HIT" thing and just enjoy it. That part of Madonna's career is over, she keeps her A-list status in a much different way now. She doesn't need radio. Anything extra, including the success of her singles is icing on the cake at this point. That show is over, say goodbye.

Thank you.All the talking about it being #1 or not, getting radio ariplay etc is boring the shit out of me.

Guest Pud Whacker
Cher was 52 when Believe came out. Tina was 44 when she did What's Love Got To Do With It. I wouldn't consider Tina's success one-off because she had about eight or nine hits in the next 2-3 years, then she came back at age 53 with a one-off top 10 with "I Don't Wanna Fight".

I always considered Cher's "true" comeback the one she had in the late 80's in her early 40's. That comeback sustained her about 3-4 years of hits, while "Believe" was an icing on the cake type of comeback ten years later, kinda like Tina's run of hits from 1984-1987 and then after a few years of middling success (even tho "Simply The Best" from 1989 is regarded as one of her classics, it only peaked at #15 and the album was a stiff), returned with a big hit, then it was back to how it was before.

THE 80'S. the golden age of pop music and video.

totally different today with the demographic groups and shyt.

that is definitely what i regret about her cutting off stuart...he had access to some really avant garde producers like tiefschwarz (to name one) and now she's using people like oakenfold constantly...oakenfold absolutely sucks in my opinion and i hope he pulled something amazing out of his ass production wise for the new single but i am certainly worried...oakey lost his crown years ago

Paul Oakenfold To Me on Twitter in a pvt message..

"Your Gonna love it its amazing"...

I ask if its used in Holiday on Tour..

"Its only the music of Holiday on tour no vocals used"

I ask to describe the sound

"written in the same Key as Holiday, with a cutting edge sound"

Thank you moe :tigger:

Guest superman
I wonder why Revolver wasn't choosen as the lead single? If she has a rapper on it she should've worked with Solomon or QBoy not lil wanye :tongue:

See; Now that's hawt :dramatic:

chezwiz!! its doesnt matter if revolver wasnt first single or became 2nd. the most important thing is Revolver was included!! hurray!!!!!! - as 2nd single could be her last wild card. got it!!

Guest superman
good news, Celebration is not such a bad title for a GH.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKIN ABOUT? Its a a PERFECT TITLE!! for everyone, young, or old, guys or girls, straight or gays!!! what do you expect to be the title? something like gay effect???

Guest superman
:dramatic::dramatic::dramatic: so stupid!!!!!!! :nocomment:

what im saying the rest of the songs he made like broken..didnt make the cut etc.. thank god!! only one from Paul O. - cant stand his style, too gay.,.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKIN ABOUT? Its a a PERFECT TITLE!! for everyone, young, or old, guys or girls, straight or gays!!! what do you expect to be the title? something like gay effect???

something like Iconography :sneaky:

uhm... are you implying that all of MADONNA's released songs since American Life was not radio-friendly as to why radio ignored her since AL?

I really can't believe that people are still questioning this.. it's so obvious they stopped playing M because of political agendas. The Dixie Chicks were America's most wholesome and beloved band and look what happened to them.. How can someone ignore the evidence like that?

I really can't believe that people are still questioning this.. it's so obvious they stopped playing M because of political agendas. The Dixie Chicks were America's most wholesome and beloved band and look what happened to them.. How can someone ignore the evidence like that?

Because the rest of her songs were unaffected. Don't you think Into The Groove would have been removed from those mix stations? What about Music? They were still played just as much.

It's just a case of her fans being unable to admit that American Life was a failure of a first single and that the rest of hte album had little chance of salvaging her at that point. It was just her time to tank. It happens to EVERY ARTIST.

Because the rest of her songs were unaffected. Don't you think Into The Groove would have been removed from those mix stations? What about Music? They were still played just as much.

It's just a case of her fans being unable to admit that American Life was a failure of a first single and that the rest of hte album had little chance of salvaging her at that point. It was just her time to tank. It happens to EVERY ARTIST.

The fact that her old stuff was still played doesn't prove anything.. Clear Channel only owns 60% of radio stations anyway.

American Life was banned.. there is no question.

Fair enough it might have been a shit song and her time to fall.. that doesn't prove anything either.

Eitherway she's only one big hit away from proving herself to everyone again.

The fact that her old stuff was still played doesn't prove anything.. Clear Channel only owns 60% of radio stations anyway.

American Life was banned.. there is no question.

Fair enough it might have been a shit song and her time to fall.. that doesn't prove anything either.

Eitherway she's only one big hit away from proving herself to everyone again.

Its not a convincing enough argument to me, but keep telling yourself that! *Romy & Michele*