PINK: I'm probably more of a singer than MADONNA'll ever be but she's a sexual force

TOUR2008

PINK'S Funhouse tour and Britney Spears' Circus tour have a similar theme but that's where the comparison ends, says the former.

The key difference: Pink sings live and has a band.

``People want me to hate Britney; I wish her well,'' Pink says.

``But on the other hand, as a musical person, I don't get lip-syncing, either. I never will.

``I don't get how you go and get that for two hours. I grew up watching Broadway, watching these singers blow your heart out of your chest.

``And Billy Joel f--- ing killing you for three hours.

``That was my first concert when I was two and I remember him sweating on his piano keys.

``That's what I want to see.

``I could never go watch miming, but more power to her. There's room for everybody.''

Moments on the Funhouse tour -- like the bed on stage and Pink dry-humping a couch -- give flashbacks to Madonna at her prime.

``(Madonna) was way more sexual and ballsy than I've ever been,'' Pink says.

``I'm probably more of a singer than she'll ever be but she's a sexual force.

``I like to be funny.''

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0...76-7642,00.html

yes l saw her show Sunday night and the couch performance was very like a virgin, but in more tribute than rip off way. Its about time someone made 'l touch myself' sexy. Its true Pink can sing better and with real emotion live. It was a fantastic show, there were so many amazing visual moments....something truly missing from S&S. Pink flying high above the stage and being very funny shits all over the boring guitar work.

Lucky there is room for everybody...but l will certainly never miss a Pink show again....not to mention she is actually touring Australia and making a shit load of money out of it.

Edited by roma

Guest Topaz Scorpio

Which would be completely off-base since she spoke the truth. She IS more of a singer than M is, and M IS a sexual force and is more ballsy and sexual than Pink has ever been.

Which would be completely off-base since she spoke the truth. She IS more of a singer than M is, and M IS a sexual force and is more ballsy and sexual than Pink has ever been.

:thumbsup:

She IS more of a singer than M is

Well, it depends on taste. Even though I do enjoy Pink's voice, its overly raspy, which causes me to only enjoy it in small doses. Madonna's voice is more versatile and gentle. I prefer Madonna's voice.

I've always hated P!nk :fag: She's so phoney & tries hard 2 b badass..:chuckle:

nothing 2 do with this thread tho...

I loved the old debut album P!nk tho...which Ironically could b P!nk at her fakest :confused:

notice how I write Pink as P!nk..that's respect right there... :fag:

I love P!NK too, but she can make that claim once she sings an entire Andrew Lloyd Weber soundtrack.

I agree that M's voice isn't what it used to be (especially on this latest tour) but from 1996 to 1998, she had some real chops, vocally. Perhaps not on par with Whitney's greatest days, but certainly better than P!NK's.

``But on the other hand, as a musical person, I don't get lip-syncing, either. I never will.

Wait till you're 50 and see if you still can sing live and dance at the same time.

Never say NEVER. :rolleyes:

I dont think the statement is true at all... It's an absolutely ridiculous thing to say.. Madonna is a singer and has been since she started singing.. no one can more of a singer than someone else. If Pink is trying to say she thinks she is a better singer than Madonna then that is a matter of opinion and who the fuck goes around saying shit like that about themsleves anyway!?

I can't believe she actually said this.. bitch needs to drag her ass out of the closet before she starts mouthing off about other celebrities. Madonna has a much better and more versatile voice.. Pink just shouts and I find her voice very jarring.

Guest Johnkm

I sort of agree with P!nk, I guess people would see her as a 'better' singer. But I do prefer Madonna's voice to almost every other singer (barring Charlotte Perrelli). P!nk is just a bit too try hard, that being said though, I saw this tour, and its fantastic, as are her last 2 albums.

Guest Danny86
pink is a minion. as they all are post 85~

queen_bee_04.jpg

You're nuts, at first I didn't even get what you were trying to say! :rotfl:

As for the vocals, I think there's a difference between preferring one voice over another, and being a better singer technically, i.e. not being off key most of the time. I really don't know Pink's live shows to judge that, but I do think there's room for Madonna to improve, judging by her recent performances of "Borderline" for example.

No need for Pink bashing- as a singer, yeah, she is stronger than M. As an artist, Pink is quite good, but M's catalog probably is stronger than Pink's- it's just THAT good, is all.

Pink's always said M was an influence on her, one of her idols, so there should be no Pink disrespect among the hardcore Madonna contingency.

She handles the Britney Spears comments well, too- gets her point across, but isn't nasty about it.

I can't believe are actually sitting here saying that Madonna is a better singer than Pink. That is TROO DELUSION right there.

At least they both sing live and you can tell Pink is Better than Madonna, Unlike Britney, we'll never know how her voice sound live.

Guest harbors
At least they both sing live and you can tell Pink is Better than Madonna, Unlike Britney, we'll never know how her voice sound live.

You probably wont ever hear Brit sing live.

Guest harbors

and yes, Pink can sing better than Madge but Madonna's voice is way more attractive, catchy n sexy. hhihihihii

Quite honestly, I've always felt that Madonna is mediocre at best when it comes to her live vocals. But I watch her shows for the gestalt. She's a so-so singer but she's a GREAT performer.

Guest jamesshot

LOL. Just how is Pink a better singer than Madonna will "ever be"? No. In some ways, yes Pink has a better voice and in some ways Madonna does. Pink does not have a versatile voice like Madonna and I doubt she could pull off Sondheim/Webber/Rice has well as Madonna did. Pink shouts alot. Is that singing? Not really.

Both are good and there is no need for her to say she is probably a better singer than Madonna will ever be. I prefer Madonna's voice waay over Pink's any day.

Guest ditaluver
Wait till you're 50 and see if you still can sing live and dance at the same time.

Never say NEVER. :rolleyes:

she was referring to britney

anywy, i think pink can carry a higher tune than madonna...but shes not as beautiful and I prefer the sound of madonnas voice over pinks.

I also prefer to hear what madonna has to say in her songs. whereas pink is always so angry

Guest D'Deridex

I was just watching a bunch of live Pink performances the other day and was impressed by her voice. It's not just the far superior range and power, it's actually sounding like her songs and not being off-key 90% of the time.

Pink is a good live performer, better than Madonna can consistently pull off in the vocals department for sure. But, like others have pointed out she's got nowhere near the versatility that M has so she does have that advantage.

And I've always thought Madonna's not so much a bad singer as a LAZY one. Every time I see her give some shit vocal performance I always think 'Bitch who you think you're fooling, I know there's a Sooner or Later and You Must Love Me at the Oscars/Lament on the RIT kinda singer in there somewhere' :demonic: At vocal heights like that, she can kick Pink's and 90% of the rest of the pop world's ass, but how does she expect people to know that? :dazed: