PINK: I'm probably more of a singer than MADONNA'll ever be but she's a sexual force

TOUR2008

Guest jamesshot
Pink is a good live performer, better than Madonna can consistently pull off in the vocals department for sure. But, like others have pointed out she's got nowhere near the versatility that M has so she does have that advantage.

And I've always thought Madonna's not so much a bad singer as a LAZY one. Every time I see her give some shit vocal performance I always think 'Bitch who you think you're fooling, I know there's a Sooner or Later and You Must Love Me at the Oscars/Lament on the RIT kinda singer in there somewhere' :demonic: At vocal heights like that, she can kick Pink's and 90% of the rest of the pop world's ass, but how does she expect people to know that? :dazed:

Well said. Madonna has proved she has the chops many times. She is just inconsistent. Why? Who knows really. It could be she is inconsistent because she is not a very good live (vocally) performer. Or she doesn't prep very well. Or she doesn't rehearse her vocal arrangements properly and thoroughly. I have always thought she cared far too much for the performance aspect of her live shows and basically winged it with her vocal arrangements. She was alot more consistent, I thought, with DWT, RIT and TCT. Not so much SST. In fact, lately she has been at one of her most inconsistent times. As a studio performer, Madonna is much better. Some would argue that is studio tweaking but how else to explain why Britney, Janet and others still lack vocals on their recordings? You can't tweak something that isn't there to begin with. Studio tweaking is usually very obvious and artificial sounding.

Madonna should be working with a vocal coach on her vocal arrangements for this 2nd leg and not so worried about the choreography.

Guest Topaz Scorpio
I was just watching a bunch of live Pink performances the other day and was impressed by her voice. It's not just the far superior range and power, it's actually sounding like her songs and not being off-key 90% of the time.

Exactly. If you are someone who has to consistently rely on backing tracks and the occasional lip-synch in live performances, and in your tours have generally 50% or more of your live singing sound off-key or strained (regardless of dancing or standing still) then you are not a GOOD singer. I couldn't give a flying fuck if you went into a studio (with all of its vocal manipulation technology) and sang the entire score of some musical (whose original range had to be altered to accommodate your vocal limitations) and sounded good; show me what you can do LIVE. And yes M has had some very nice live performances through the years, but they are a small number compared to the mediocre or awful ones. The same cannot be said of P!nk. More often than not she sounds fantastic. Regardless of whether you like the sound of her voice, technically she blows M completely out of the water live.

I mean how many singers can be flipping all over a trapeze and sing 80% of a song and still sound good doing it?

Let's give credit where it's due please. Love M, love her shows, but P!nk is the better singer, end of.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy
I couldn't give a flying fuck if you went into a studio (with all of its vocal manipulation technology) and sang the entire score of some musical (whose original range had to be altered to accommodate your vocal limitations) and sounded good; show me what you can do LIVE.

Exactly, i don't see how Madonna singing on the Evita soundtrack proves anything.

Guest jamesshot

I simply love when people declare their opinions to be fact. Or throw out random percentages they completely pull out of their asses. Unless someone has calculated every live peformance( doubtful) then it's pulling shit out yo ass. Off-key? That can be very subjective.

Much of this entire thread is opinion. What isn't known is how much Madonna preps vocally. Which can have everything to do with her consistency. But when she nailed it, she was better than Pink at her best. I don't think Pink has that much of a range. I like Pink a great deal and she has a very good voice. Probably better than Madonna in most ways, but not all. But let's not overhype her. She isn't Mariah or Whitney.

This thread has given me some good chuckles. Very enlightening.

Guest jamesshot
Madonna sucks.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I know. When she does give a good performance, its all studio trickery. But she is 99.34495833437% off key most of the time, didn't you know? Or they altered the score to suit her ( very very very very very limited vocals) not because the original score is not going to translate well on screen sung like it is on stage. Or it was changed to accomodate Madonna's vocal strengths. No no. It has to be changed because of her vocal weakness. Don't you see? I am sure you feel enlightened as a Madonna fan now that you know she fucking sucks. :)

Pink is a better singer than Madonna NOW but the way she screams & shouts is gonna KILL her voice eventually. It's already taken a toll. Back in her early "THERE U GO" days her voice was MUCH smoother and had better clearity. Since then her voice has gotten more raspy & uglier sounding over the years. Keep up all that bellowing and by the time she's 40 she'll be lip syncing some of the time because her voice will be gone.

Guest ursaminorjim
Pink is a better singer than Madonna NOW but the way she screams & shouts is gonna KILL her voice eventually. It's already taken a toll. Back in her early "THERE U GO" days her voice was MUCH smoother and had better clearity. Since then her voice has gotten more raspy & uglier sounding over the years. Keep up all that bellowing and by the time she's 40 she'll be lip syncing some of the time because her voice will be gone.

Well, she sang a much different way, and a much different style of music back in 2000 or whatever. And just because a voice is raspy doesn't mean it's damaged or even being overly strained. That's just the natural grain of her voice, especially when she projects.

Pink has a great voice, which is only underscored by the fact that she sounds 100% flawless live. As much as I like Madonna's voice, I have to say that it was nothign short of a mess on the last tour. It's not what it used to be. Who knows why; all I know is that on this last tour (and on the album), it was horrible.

The point is that Pink's got extreme vocal talent. Madonna's vocal talent is negligible, but it sounds good to the ear (most of the time) and it suits what she does. Madonna's real talent lies in her performing ability and her ideas. When I think of reasons why I admire Madonna, vocals don't even enter my brain.

Guest ursaminorjim

Pink's career is definitely interesting, though. I mean one minute she's HUGE and the next she's completely gone. And then she's HUGE again! And then she's gone.

Very odd.

Is she a stronger singer than Madonna? Absolutely. So is Lady Gaga for that matter. But a strong voice doesn't make a song sound any better if it's shit to begin with.

10 points, Madonna.

Pink's career is definitely interesting, though. I mean one minute she's HUGE and the next she's completely gone. And then she's HUGE again! And then she's gone.

Very odd.

Is she a stronger singer than Madonna? Absolutely. So is Lady Gaga for that matter. But a strong voice doesn't make a song sound any better if it's shit to begin with.

10 points, Madonna.

That pretty much says it all right there. :thumbsup:

Thread over.

Guest ursaminorjim
OH.MY.GOD. That is like the worlds gayest thing ever and so badly done. I mean, what the fuck does the song have to do with Metropolis? Seriously. UGH. Fucking empty souless little faggyness. Maybe theres something wrong with me but I cant understand how littlebearJIM is so down on Madonna yet loves this whore...????????

You just won't quit, will you. :rolleyes:

And what's with the constant disparaging use of "gay" and "fag" in your posts? Last I read you were quite the fan of the cock as well. Christ on a bicycle...

To be frankly honest. Yes Pink might be a better technical singer than Madonna, but her voice gets very tired to listen to in the long run.

And for how long will Pink go on with the same sound?

I like Pink. But i've gotten bored of her as an artist. Since "Missundaztood" came out, she's been doing kinda the same thing all over. Yes she went maybe a little bit more rock-ish through the years, but she's not really re-inventing anything.

Not all artists have to do though. Just a thought I had. As she's speaking about herself in the same sentence as the Queen of Pop & Re-invention!

Guest Not4Pussies

pink is one of my favorites and she sounds good live

and i agree she is a better vocalist than madonna

but madonna is a great performer and she may not have a great singing voice

but she can capture emotion and feeling

like that U2 lyric, 'i can't sing, but i've got soul'

Guest jamesshot

Let's be clear. Madonna can sing. Is she the best? No. But she is good. Janet, Britney, J-LO cannot sing and aren't even in the same league as Madonna is vocally.

Madonna - Britney, Janet, J-Lo. BIG difference.

P!nk is a better vocalist than Madonna(though Madonna has a really nice voice), that's true, but Madonna is a much better performer and risk-taker than P!nk throughout her career. They're both great artists in their own right.

Edited by Lymon

Guest Danny86
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: are you for real with that?

I'm shocked too! :lmao: The worst is, how she's just standing there and is totally void of any stage presence. That show is littered with Blond Ambition references, so you know why the first song has a Metropolis theme. :electropop:

Guest Johnkm
are you for real with that?

Kylie may have all the stage presence of a dog turd, but it doesnt mean I cant love it :)

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Very odd.

Not really. She was under the radar during her 3rd album TRY THIS in the U.S, but all of her records have impacted decently in most territories. Try This had the least impact, but her first album was big, her second was MASSIVE, her 4th was a VERY successful "return" and her new one is doing REALLY well.

Not really. She was under the radar during her 3rd album TRY THIS in the U.S, but all of her records have impacted decently in most territories. Try This had the least impact, but her first album was big, her second was MASSIVE, her 4th was a VERY successful "return" and her new one is doing REALLY well.

But he's right about her in the US.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Well like i said, she had one "failure" in the U.S, but all her other albums did well there too. I'm Not Dead took a while to kick off, but only because of her previous flop there. It still took off though in the U.S, i think it went platinum too? not sure.

Well like i said, she had one "failure" in the U.S, but all her other albums did well there too. I'm Not Dead took a while to kick off, but only because of her previous flop there. It still took off though in the U.S, i think it went platinum too? not sure.

You're forgetting the floptastic Try This. "God is a DJ," anyone?

Yes, but still not as good as the first two.

He's right though.. Pink seems to have this kind of trajectory in north America.