PINK: I'm probably more of a singer than MADONNA'll ever be but she's a sexual force

TOUR2008

Guest Topaz Scorpio
bolded is as far as i could go. really youre a tool. lighten up.

Oh the irony... Stop treating any commentary on M that bears the slightest hint of criticism as a declaration of war against Madonna fandom. Talk about needing to lighten up...jeez louise... :dramatic:

Guest Pud Whacker
Oh the irony... Stop treating any commentary on M that bears the slightest hint of criticism as a declaration of war against Madonna fandom. Talk about needing to lighten up...jeez louise... :dramatic:

dude, as i said, lighten up - you take me, my words and EVERYTHING way tooooooooooooo seriously. theres no war - ONLY IN YOUR HEAD. :rotfl:

TORN ANUS

Guest Not4Pussies
Haha. Is it because of my myspace name? Hugh Jass? I put that more because I like Hugh Jasses, not really because I have one :lol:

thats not what ive heard lol

yeah cuz of that

and cuz u look like u have one lol

Guest jamesshot
Haha. Is it because of my myspace name? Hugh Jass? I put that more because I like Hugh Jasses, not really because I have one :lol:

You should do your own "Single Ladies" parody. It could be "All the Hugh Jasses".

Guest Eternal Flame

I don't get why this thread is five pages long, well actually I do, all these sorts of threads are purely for the sensationalism of it. But it's just the same old story, really.

Pink IS the better vocalist, if you like Madge's style better then fine but there's no point in trying to argue that Madonna is the better singer when she just isn't... M the better pop singer? Yes, probably. But Pink has the more emotive and larger voice. And I'm sure the quote was taken out of context or just a misquote altogether, as I cannot imagine she'd blatantly say she is a better singer than someone in an interview.

Why don't we argue that Bedtime Stories sold more copies than True Blue now? :provoke:

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I love Madonnas voice, it can sound very good. I prefer voices that evoke emotion then voices that can break windows, Madonna has that. But Pinks voice is still superior because it does both. For me anyway.

Pink IS the better vocalist, if you like Madge's style better then fine but there's no point in trying to argue that Madonna is the better singer when she just isn't... M the better pop singer? Yes, probably. But Pink has the more emotive and larger voice.

Then, according to you, Adam Lambert is the greatest vocalist ever. Greater than Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Freddie Mercury, Michael Jackson and Axl Rose.

And I'm sure the quote was taken out of context or just a misquote altogether, as I cannot imagine she'd blatantly say she is a better singer than someone in an interview.

No, it wasn't. It's not the first time she back-hand compliments Madonna. Bitch is very self-righteous and shits through her mouth all the time. Everytime I read something on her, she's criticizing somebody.

Point is, no matter how hard she tries, Pink is just a disposable pop act and not even in her dreams she's got the right to compare herself to Madonna, period.

Guest jamesshot
I love Madonnas voice, it can sound very good. I prefer voices that evoke emotion then voices that can break windows, Madonna has that. But Pinks voice is still superior because it does both. For me anyway.

I would never ever put Pink's voice in the same league as Mariah, Whitney or Aretha. She is not on par with them IMO.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy
Point is, no matter how hard she tries, Pink is just a disposable pop act

How is she disposable though?

She writes and produces her own albums and has some very personal songs. If Pink is disposable, then what does that make Madonna after an album like Hard Candy?

Guest Topaz Scorpio
How is she disposable though?

She writes and produces her own albums and has some very personal songs. If Pink is disposable, then what does that make Madonna after an album like Hard Candy?

Exactly. And she's now into year 9 of her musical career having some of her biggest successes yet. If she was really so "disposable" she would've flushed away long ago.

It's one thing to not like an artist's voice/songs/attitude, etc. but don't dismiss their undisputable talent and verifiable successes because of that.

I mean I can't stand Mariah but I will still give her props for her undeniable vocal talents (even though the voice has degraded through the years).

Guest Topaz Scorpio
Yeah Topaz Scorpiola is well moody. What is that all about?

And you're well up your own asshole with a Narcissus complex. So now that we're finished discussing us let's get back to the topic at hand.

Then, according to you, Adam Lambert is the greatest vocalist ever. Greater than Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Freddie Mercury, Michael Jackson and Axl Rose.

But that's not what anyone is saying. They're just saying that Pink was born with bigger and more impressive pipes than Madonna. Now, Madonna may tickle our fancy more because we love the way she sounds when she sings, but there's an obvious difference in their voices. Pink has more ability to hers. Personally I prefer Pink's voice way more to Marrah's or Whitney's because Pink's voice suits so many different styles. All Marrah and Whitney ever attempted to sing were those awful ballads and R&B lite massacres.

And Pink may shit through her mouth sometimes but she's never been a twat about herself in the way that Christina Aguilera or Lily Allen are, for example. She's always been very humble and has ALWAYS cited Madonna as an influence so the dragging of her name through the mud is totally unecessary (in general, not just you Surannee)

And yes, just the way people are saying "Oh MARIAH and WHITNEY are so much better than Pink" .... well, fine, do you think they're better "TECHNICAL" singers than Midge? It's the same thing. I might think Pink has more vocal ability, but at the end of the day I enjoy Midge's voice (when its good) just as much as Pink's. And I think Mariah has more obvious vocal ability than Madonna, but I hate her voice and couldn't care less about her 19 octave range. So I prefer Madonna.

Guest Topaz Scorpio
dude, as i said, lighten up - you take me, my words and EVERYTHING way tooooooooooooo seriously. theres no war - ONLY IN YOUR HEAD. :rotfl:

TORN ANUS

300_138349.jpg

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy
Exactly. And she's now into year 9 of her musical career having some of her biggest successes yet. If she was really so "disposable" she would've flushed away long ago.

It's one thing to not like an artist's voice/songs/attitude, etc. but don't dismiss their undisputable talent and verifiable successes because of that.

Agreed. I don't get why M fans completely dismiss the talents of other female acts. Like somehow nobody else is capable of being a better song writer or singer than Madonna. People need to get a fucking grip.

But that's not what anyone is saying. They're just saying that Pink was born with bigger and more impressive pipes than Madonna.

I'll concentrate on this for now. What they're - you're - actually implying is "bigger is better". Pink is bigger - therefore she's better.

More later.

Guest Eternal Flame

Pink is the technically better vocalist which is what I and several others were getting at. There's no need to be uber-defensive just because of that, one can still PREFER Madonna's voice, that is entirely subjective... but Pink has the bigger range and more voluminous and rich voice and I'm surprised that after the vocals on the past album/tour people are bothering to defend Madonna because another singer said she was the better vocalist of the two.

I suppose this is where some loon runs to YouTube to post a nearly 20 year old performance of Madge performing "Sooner or Later", or has someone already done that?

Point is, no matter how hard she tries, Pink is just a disposable pop act and not even in her dreams she's got the right to compare herself to Madonna, period.

Like others have already touched upon, out of all the pop stars that are currently successful, Pink is probably the most genuine act and writes all her music which isn't disposable flavor of the week material.

I'll concentrate on this for now. What they're - you're - actually implying is "bigger is better". Pink is bigger - therefore she's better.

More later.

He's not saying that. Ugh. Get a grip. I'm kinda shocked that the most ridiculous people on this board are moderators.

More later.

HUH? Did you completely skip over this part?

"And yes, just the way people are saying "Oh MARIAH and WHITNEY are so much better than Pink" .... well, fine, do you think they're better "TECHNICAL" singers than Midge? It's the same thing. I might think Pink has more vocal ability, but at the end of the day I enjoy Midge's voice (when its good) just as much as Pink's. And I think Mariah has more obvious vocal ability than Madonna, but I hate her voice and couldn't care less about her 19 octave range. So I prefer Madonna. "

HUH? Did you completely skip over this part?

Oh, my bad. Sorry! Too much text at once - I'm totally used to Twitter right now, you see. :doofus:

(However, the "bigger is better" thing is followed by the majority of people. anyway.)

Guest Topaz Scorpio
See what I mean so moody. :lmao: Do you ever relax? What is making you so uptight? I may be a self obsessed asshole but at least Im a relaxed self obsessed asshole.

Clearly you're not relaxed as you continue to perpetuate this nonsense when you had the opportunity to go back to the original discussion which was Pink and Madonna. Chill out.