Madonna Greatest Hits: Hopefully Out By Fall

Mr. Bigham, you were the first that mentioned the September release date. What's your excuse? :queenbitch:

And I credited my source: UKMix. I'm pretty sure I labeled it a rumor. Everything is a rumor until WBR/Madonna issues a press release.

Guest Danny86

MadonnaTribe was saying September a while ago as well, during the "Revolver" discussion. Things like that keep on changing, that's why we never got a confirmation yet.

I'm just surprised either LN, either Warner is not smart enough to coincide their release with the other one, because that's the best exposure they could get. I know November is better for GH because of sales, and September for DVD because it will be just after the tour, but still...

This has been reported on another website. True or false I don't know but I like the tracklist.

'Madonna unveils 'ICONOGRAPHY', due for release September 14'

3 Discs. 3 Decades. 50 Hits. One Artist.

DISC 1 The 1980’s

1. Holiday

2. Lucky Star

3. Borderline

4. Like A Virgin

5. Material Girl

6. Crazy For You

7. Into The Groove

8. Dress You Up

9. Live To Tell

10. Papa Don’t Preach

11. True Blue

12. Open Your Heart

13. La Isla Bonita

14. Who’s That Girl

15. Like A Prayer

16. Express Yourself

17. Oh Father

DISC 2 The 1990’s

1. Vogue

2. Hanky Panky

3. Justify My Love

4. Rescue Me

5. Erotica

6. Deeper and Deeper

7. Fever

8. Secret

9. Take a Bow

10. Bedtime Story

11. Human Nature

12. Don’t Cry For Me Argentina

13. Frozen

14. Ray of Light

15. Nothing Really Matters

16. Beautiful Stranger

DISC 3 The 2000s

1. American Pie

2. Music

3. Don’t Tell Me

4. What It Feels Like For A Girl

5. Die Another Day

6. American Life

7. Hollywood

8. Hung Up

9. Sorry

10. Get Together

11. Jump

12. 4 Minutes

13. Give It 2 Me

14. Miles Away

15. Broken (I’m Sorry)

16. Celebrate

17. Revolver

not bad, but disc 3 is really dragged out

Guest ursaminorjim

Seems unlikely that they'd opt for "Don't cry for me Argentina" in lieu of "You must love me," no?

Actually, i'm thnking maybe MADONNA has really lost her grasp for the HITS..i really think that her management is laying it all out for MARIAH dominance in the charts...I think she's letting go of her stature in POP music..she's giving up..co'z it seems to me, she doesn't care about her songs anymore,she's not promoting or anything. i mean, we saw from the Hard candy..she didn't bother to even visit one of tv to promote..that to me is being complacent.

Actually, i'm thnking maybe MADONNA has really lost her grasp for the HITS..i really think that her management is laying it all out for MARIAH dominance in the charts...I think she's letting go of her stature in POP music..she's giving up..co'z it seems to me, she doesn't care about her songs anymore,she's not promoting or anything. i mean, we saw from the Hard candy..she didn't bother to even visit one of tv to promote..that to me is being complacent.

her complacency made her one of the most successful people in the music business last year.

huh? what the fuck are you talking about??

I doubt Madge will become as desperate as Mimi has become (plus when Madonna was Mimi's age she didnt have to be) for hits. If you look worldwide (and on the US dance chart, which is the chart she started off on) she's still scoring hits so I dont think she has to worry too much yet.

And also every achievement Madonna earns from now on is just icing on the cake.

They say that a good thing never last and that it has to fall

Those are the people that did not amount to much at all

:tongue:

Guest bluejean

That track listing isn't very good for a 3 CD set.

It needs Cherish, This Used To Be My Playground, Rain and You'll See. Some of the songs included weren't hits at all, those 4 were, the 1st 2 were huge.

It needs to be 2 CD's imo.

The fact that Secret is missing leads me to believe the tracklist is wrong - it was the lead single off BS and I can't see why she would miss it out but put Fever on even though I prefer Fever myself.

I wasn't fussed about Iconography. I thought it lacked the humour of The Immaculate Collection. However, if the title is Hits, I think that will be incredibly lame.

I've not heard Mimi's record at all here in the UK. I think the US chart set up distorts her actual popularity. Her singles generally do a lot less well than Madonna's now and it's been a few years since she has actually had a mega hit. She's a big star but not in the league of Madonna or MJ.

I'm thinking it should be 2 CDs of her most ICONIC hits....

Nope. I want 3 discs. More, More, More!

hey you is pure crap....

But i do agree with cherish, sooner or later and i'll remember

Besides nothings confirmed yet so lets just wait and see....

the 3 cd set is worth buying

I just hope it comes with a really good sleeve and a nice book inside with lots of iconic and never before seen pix...

I just wish that they create something that would be really collectible for both loyal fans and casual fans alike

90627L3_MADONNA_B_GR_04.jpg

^ I think she plans to include Everybody.

that would be great, apart of being a good song, is a milestone in her career

by the way, is MJ, well, are they going to release another MJ´s greatest hits this christmas? maybe madonna should rush a little bit the release of the album, at least one month before MJ´s one...what do you think?

This has been reported on another website. True or false I don't know but I like the tracklist.

'Madonna unveils 'ICONOGRAPHY', due for release September 14'

3 Discs. 3 Decades. 50 Hits. One Artist.

DISC 1 The 1980’s

1. Holiday

2. Lucky Star

3. Borderline

4. Like A Virgin

5. Material Girl

6. Crazy For You

7. Into The Groove

8. Dress You Up

9. Live To Tell

10. Papa Don’t Preach

11. True Blue

12. Open Your Heart

13. La Isla Bonita

14. Who’s That Girl

15. Like A Prayer

16. Express Yourself

17. Oh Father

DISC 2 The 1990’s

1. Vogue

2. Hanky Panky

3. Justify My Love

4. Rescue Me

5. Erotica

6. Deeper and Deeper

7. Fever

8. Secret

9. Take a Bow

10. Bedtime Story

11. Human Nature

12. Don’t Cry For Me Argentina

13. Frozen

14. Ray of Light

15. Nothing Really Matters

16. Beautiful Stranger

DISC 3 The 2000s

1. American Pie

2. Music

3. Don’t Tell Me

4. What It Feels Like For A Girl

5. Die Another Day

6. American Life

7. Hollywood

8. Hung Up

9. Sorry

10. Get Together

11. Jump

12. 4 Minutes

13. Give It 2 Me

14. Miles Away

15. Broken (I’m Sorry)

16. Celebrate

17. Revolver

I can live with this tracklist.Woulda been nice if they had included a few rare songs like "Spotlight" and "Causing A Commotion" and maybe "You Must Love Me" as well.

^I still think *new* songs should remain on their original compilation.

Disc 3 seems kinda pointless even with 3 huge hits & a handful of songs that really love.

To keep a great balance they should divide all 3 discs '80s-'90s-'00s..that way every disc

would still b great on it's own...& as a triple set it would b fucking complete. :fag: