Madonna rips off thousands of fans at Wembley

jonski43

It was so awful you went multiple times?

Unsure if you've ever booked concert tickets before but you have to pre-book. We did so twice on the back of Confessions being so stellar. First time went to see Madonna. Second time spent time with friends chatting and getting drunk due to poor sound quality.

Got a problem with the fact I thought Sticky and Sweet was shit?

Guest BytheBay
Unsure if you've ever booked concert tickets before but you have to pre-book. We did so twice on the back of Confessions being so stellar. First time went to see Madonna. Second time spent time with friends chatting and getting drunk due to poor sound quality.

lol are you gonna beat me up if I do?

it was simple question...simmer down beavis.

Why does your topic say Madonna rips people off? You know she's not to blame for this. I'm sure she expected things to work fine like everyone else before the show. Why would she want things to NOT work properly? She and LN are getting money either way. If you wanna blame SOMEONE, blame the people who are responsible for the sound. I hate how people always blame Madonna, she really can't do anything about this herself other than complain to the people who have to make sure everything works like it should work. Maybe she's doing the exact same thing you are doing, whine and bitch all she can. It's oh so easy to put the blame on someone that famous, but it's idiotic and childish.

Hi all.... New to this Forum....This is a rant because I am angry that Madonna and Live Nation will never admit they got it wrong with Wembley......

I am a Madonna fan. But I refuse to allow being a fan of someone's work mean I give money away blindly.

Arena's and Stadiums rarely have great sound systems. Unless you are at the front it's an expensive day out watching a dot in the distance and listening to music over a tannoy system. The banks of speakers can rarely reach the back. Some artists do spend the money getting it right...... some amazing ones I have attended have been Rolling Stones, Kylie and Chilli Peppers. You could be anywhere at those shows and see and hear just fine.

I stopped bothering with Madonna concerts after I realised I could have gone on a holiday and bought the DVD for the same price. (And I am a huge fan of her music and greatness). I knew it was not worth going to see the S&S tour after her shambolic performance on the Radio 1 Summer Show shown on BBC1 and seeing she was playing stadiums. Her guitar playing and miming are enough to make me think about parting with an extortionate ticket price.

It is all just greed. The artists and Live Nation know most fans won't see anything and they don't have the sound equipment or screens to accomodate 90k people.....

My poor best friend went to see Madonna in Wembley last week. He came back disgusted and no longer a Madonna fan after 20 years. I really felt sorry for him and the others who had a bad time. From what he said Madonna lost a lot of UK fans. She must apologise and know that it is not good enough for her to disappoint so many people like that.

You should be able to view on a screen and hear the music loudly and clearly wherever you are in a stadium! How hard can it be to get this right???? It's just more speakers and bigger screens!!! My friend said Madonna used arena equipment in a stadium..... Unforgivable! She should be showing other acts how it is done!!

It seems she made it worse by not bothering to apologise for the lateness, or sound quality (admitting guilt would mean refunds would be getting paid RIGHT now.....) and generally acting as though the audience should have been grateful she had even turned up.... (His words). I know Madonna's speakers apparently blew..... but I have friends who have worked for major acts (incl. her) and there should always be spare.

The O2 also has a terrible sound system near the back. It is basically the tannoy system! I could hear people having conversations around me when I went to see Prince. I complained and got moved but my lesson was learned.............If you are near the back of a large venue - DON'T BOTHER. Buy the DVD.

i respect peoople that complain about their experience, cause they went themselves, but this..... :rolleyes:

Why does your topic say Madonna rips people off? You know she's not to blame for this. I'm sure she expected things to work fine like everyone else before the show. Why would she want things to NOT work properly? She and LN are getting money either way. If you wanna blame SOMEONE, blame the people who are responsible for the sound. I hate how people always blame Madonna, she really can't do anything about this herself other than complain to the people who have to make sure everything works like it should work. Maybe she's doing the exact same thing you are doing, whine and bitch all she can. It's oh so easy to put the blame on someone that famous, but it's idiotic and childish.

There are many jealous people who don’t like the fact that after so many years Madonna is on her way to break yet another record for the:-

1) Top selling concert of all time (for female).

2) 3rd best- selling artist worldwide 2008 (after Duffy and Coldplay).

3) #2 on Billboard's definitive list of the Hot 100's top 100 artists, based on all charting titles from August 1958 through July 2008 (behind the Beatles)

All of that within this year. :thumbsup:

Guest boytoyville

Usually people sell tix to the other shows they "pre-booked" if they didn't like it.

There are many jealous people who don’t like the fact that after so many years Madonna is on her way to break yet another record for the:-

1) Top selling concert of all time (for female).

2) 3rd best- selling artist worldwide 2008 (after Duffy and Coldplay).

3) #2 on Billboard's definitive list of the Hot 100's top 100 artists, based on all charting titles from August 1958 through July 2008 (behind the Beatles)

All of that within this year. :thumbsup:

rock and roll hall of fame automatic inductee in first year of eligibility... don't forget...

but still, if there are technical problems when they stage concert in stadiums, they should rightfully iron it out...

Thats right it was hilder milder hectors concert not Madonna's at all :electropop: Are you fucking half baked or what???? Madonna represents the sound ppl. If your paying top $ for a concert and the sound fucks up than it is Madonna's responsiblity you idiot.

haha you're so fucking bitter because Madonna doesn't come to Australia :lmao:

You are a scum bucket..hope you're enjoying life in Romania you hideous creature..go and fuck your parents..oh sorry they probably sold you as a child prostitute I mean you do live in Romania after all.

You are a scum bucket..hope you're enjoying life in Romania you hideous creature..go and fuck your parents..oh sorry they probably sold you as a child prostitute I mean you do live in Romania after all.

Go shoot yourself you schizophrenic piece of shite.