Madonna ignores her Aussie legions

Camacho

Guest bluejean
Aussies should just come and see her in the U.S. The dollar is basically worthless now. You should be able to get a great deal. :lol:

It's too short notice for alot of people. And the majority fans don't want to spend their life savings on a pop star. That is not healthy, only freaks do that.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy
It would be fustrating but come on. She can't go everywhere & she's always going to do what is best for buisness & try to accomadate the fans the best she can in the process. At least she is going to South America & Mexico this. I think that is pretty cool!

We aren't located in the North Pole, to visit once during a 14 year period has nothing to do with "she can't go everywhere", it's just lazy, especially if she's actually IN the region around Asia, we are RIGHT under her. If everyone else can come here, why the fuck can't she? espcially with such devoted fans.

As for going to see her in the U.S, add ticket prices, flight prices, hotel stay and time away from work..............it isn't exactly realistic.

People that have seen her 50 times because she comes right to you really have no room to comment, so i'd stop with the shit advice.

Guest bluejean

I agree.

I remember all the bitching and moaning from every fan and his dog when Madonna decided to do The Next Best Thing instead of a tour as promised. Fans waited 8 years inbetween tours. Well how about you double that waiting period.

I mean when she didn't include Drowned World it was fair enough.

It was annoying when she didn't include Reinvention, we all had such hope.

By Confessions we were saying "she has to come THIS time, she's missed us twice."

But at this point its an absolute joke. I'm not even dissapointed this time, I've come to expect this bullshit from Madonna.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy
But at this point its an absolute joke. I'm not even dissapointed this time, I've come to expect this bullshit from Madonna.

Well, maybe she'll do what she did for the Drowned Worldtour, where she didn't come here, but she STILL gave us an overpriced 2 disc TOUR EDITION of her 'Music' album!!!!!!!!!! THANKS M!!!!!!

I know some people who bought that, when the opened the cd case, they physcially got slapped in the face by her!!!!!!!!

MADONNA THE KWEEN!

Guest Topaz Scorpio
People that have seen her 50 times because she comes right to you really have no room to comment, so i'd stop with the shit advice.

No problem. Instead of "shit" advice I'll just sit back and look forward to my fourth tour in a row only a 20 minute subway ride away. Enjoy the DVD! :thumbsup:

Guest bluejean
Well, maybe she'll do what she did for the Drowned Worldtour, where she didn't come here, but she STILL gave us an overpriced 2 disc TOUR EDITION of her 'Music' album!!!!!!!!!! THANKS M!!!!!!

I know some people who bought that, when the opened the cd case, they physcially got slapped in the face by her!!!!!!!!

MADONNA THE KWEEN!

:lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if Madonna came to Australia with her family for a Christmas holiday after the tour ends, to relax... just before she jets back to the US and does another 20 dates there in Jan/Feb.

Guest missy bi_tch

if she goes aussieland, there are lots of fans from around the region who would fly down for the show...

She could do 3-4 shows and they would sell out...

Hopefully she goes japan...

MADONNA THE KWEEN!

LOL

It's sad isn't it. I seriously thought we were a sure thing this time. Like 100%.

MADONNA THE KWEEN!

me too dude

I remember seeing that and thinking "what fucking tour?"

I was offended Warner Australia commissioned a tour edition of "Music".

But then Madonna's own useless hints of an Australian tour when she has no intention of touring Australia offends me more

I totally feel for you guys !! just NOT right .... but it does say more dates to be announced, hopefully that means you. That may just mean 4 more dates in NYC,,,,

I just wish people would stop spewing forth such hatred just because they feel they're owed something. No one forces anyone to buy an artist's product. If everyone bought music with the expectation that they would get to see that music performed live, then artists such as the Beatles, Elvis and ABBA would have millions and millions of disappointed and angry fans around.

Elvis himself never toured outside the US. It would have been interesting to see what the forums would have said about that if the Internet had existed back then.

I know for sure that I'll be ripped apart for "defending" Madonna over this and I'll be insulted etc. etc., but there are two sides to every story and I don't happen to agree with the notion that Madonna *owes* us a tour. Maybe I'm the only one who buys CDs without expectations regarding live performances. Maybe I'm just used to Madonna not coming here, so I don't get my hopes up. Maybe because I was old enough to see Madonna in 1993, I consider myself lucky to have seen her once on home soil. I do know, though, that letting something like a tour not happening fill you with hatred and declare your intentions to participate in criminal activity isn't overly healthy! It's also sad that people would suddenly decide not to support Madonna just because she can't tour here (for whatever reason). If she can fit a tour in before Christmas, she will. If it's not feasible, she won't. There's still the possibility of a third tour leg after Christmas...

I really, really hope she tours Australia, if only to stop people from complaining about her not touring here! Seriously, though, I hope people get to see her in Australia because they deserve it (even though they're not *owed* it - there's a difference :)).

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy
letting something like a tour not happening fill you with hatred and declare your intentions to participate in criminal activity isn't overly healthy!

eh?

Guest boytoyville
I just wish people would stop spewing forth such hatred just because they feel they're owed something. No one forces anyone to buy an artist's product. If everyone bought music with the expectation that they would get to see that music performed live, then artists such as the Beatles, Elvis and ABBA would have millions and millions of disappointed and angry fans around.

Elvis himself never toured outside the US. It would have been interesting to see what the forums would have said about that if the Internet had existed back then.

I know for sure that I'll be ripped apart for "defending" Madonna over this and I'll be insulted etc. etc., but there are two sides to every story and I don't happen to agree with the notion that Madonna *owes* us a tour. Maybe I'm the only one who buys CDs without expectations regarding live performances. Maybe I'm just used to Madonna not coming here, so I don't get my hopes up. Maybe because I was old enough to see Madonna in 1993, I consider myself lucky to have seen her once on home soil. I do know, though, that letting something like a tour not happening fill you with hatred and declare your intentions to participate in criminal activity isn't overly healthy! It's also sad that people would suddenly decide not to support Madonna just because she can't tour here (for whatever reason). If she can fit a tour in before Christmas, she will. If it's not feasible, she won't. There's still the possibility of a third tour leg after Christmas...

I really, really hope she tours Australia, if only to stop people from complaining about her not touring here! Seriously, though, I hope people get to see her in Australia because they deserve it (even though they're not *owed* it - there's a difference :)).

I personally don't undertand why people can't just be happy she is doing a tour at all either. If it isn't location it's ticket prices. Maybe her fans would be more happy if she just retired. :wacko:

i think she'll end up going - there will be more dates added and she has said it in interviews - the dates may not be finalized in order to go to press

Coked Up Baby Boy - good of you to vent and not hold it in - i would be frustrated too...

I'm over it now.

The best thing she can do is release another "sorry Aussie fans" statement and then we can all move on.

In other news, the Limited Edition of Hard Candy is finally available in Australian stores :thumbsup:

Total SHIT if it's true, nothing's confirmed yet.

But yeah, if anybody remembers THIS:

To my fans in Australia

Please forgive me. I really did hope and expect to come to Australia during the Confessions Tour and asked my managers to try to include some shows there. I have fond memories from previous tours. Unfortunately, the logistics just didn't work out this time around. We looked into going from Japan to Australia and ending the show there but I have to get my kids back into school in England and they are, as you can understand, my most important priority. The important thing to remember is that I'm not retiring anytime soon and I am gonna get to Australia as soon as I can. You remain in my heart and Thank you for your continued love & support.

Love, Madonna

.....you know.

To my very patient fans in Australia

Please forgive me again. I really did hope and expect to come to Australia during the [insert tour name here] and asked my managers to try to include some shows there. I really did this time. Last time I said I have fond memories from previous tours, what I meant to say was "tour" instead of "tours". But just like last time, unfortunately, the logistics just didn't work out this time around either. We looked into going from Japan to Australia and ending the show there but I'm not even going to Japan this time so it still wouldn't work out. Last time I said I have to get my kids back into school in England and they are, as you can understand, my most important priority, this time I'm too busy in rehearsals for a tour the rewards my fans in the USA and Europe to make up an excuse. Once again the important thing to remember is that I'm not retiring anytime soon and I know I said last time that I am gonna get to Australia as soon as I can. This time I really really mean it, I will get to Australia as soon as I can, just not on this tour either. You still remain in my heart and Thank you for your continued love & support.

Love, Madonna

Guest bluejean

I think people telling us not to complain need to shut up once and for all. If we want to complain, we will. We have fair reason to be upset. If you don't want to hear it, don't come into this thread.

Madonna keeps baiting her Australian audiences with hints and promises, and then letting us down over and over. If she just said nothing, or "Im not sure at this stage, I can't promise" maybe we wouldn't be so pissed.

As for comparing us to Elvis, The Beatles and Abba fans :lol: Bizzare comparison.

And unlike Madonna, Elvis had a GOOD reason for not touring Australia. He was under the control of his management. Madonna on the other hand, is simply not coming to Australia because of MONEY.

I admit, not buying her CD's is over the top. I won't be boycotting her and I don't believe CUBB will go that far either. There are afterall, countries that she has never been to at all. But, the thing about Australia is that it's not close to anywhere she is going. And the excuses she has used in the past don't apply anymore so yes we are pissed.

Guest bluejean
To my very patient fans in Australia

Please forgive me again. I really did hope and expect to come to Australia during the [insert tour name here] and asked my managers to try to include some shows there. I really did this time. Last time I said I have fond memories from previous tours, what I meant to say was "tour" instead of "tours". But just like last time, unfortunately, the logistics just didn't work out this time around either. We looked into going from Japan to Australia and ending the show there but I'm not even going to Japan this time so it still wouldn't work out. Last time I said I have to get my kids back into school in England and they are, as you can understand, my most important priority, this time I'm too busy in rehearsals for a tour the rewards my fans in the USA and Europe to make up an excuse. Once again the important thing to remember is that I'm not retiring anytime soon and I know I said last time that I am gonna get to Australia as soon as I can. This time I really really mean it, I will get to Australia as soon as I can, just not on this tour either. You still remain in my heart and Thank you for your continued love & support.

Love, Madonna

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

We should post this everywhere we can and also fwd it to Madonna's management. Who knows, perhaps they'll use it

I think people telling us not to complain need to shut up once and for all. If we want to complain, we will. We have fair reason to be upset. If you don't want to hear it, don't come into this thread.

Madonna keeps baiting her Australian audiences with hints and promises, and then letting us down over and over. If she just said nothing, or "Im not sure at this stage, I can't promise" maybe we wouldn't be so pissed.

As for comparing us to Elvis, The Beatles and Abba fans :lol: Bizzare comparison.

And unlike Madonna, Elvis had a GOOD reason for not touring Australia. He was under the control of his management. Madonna on the other hand, is simply not coming to Australia because of MONEY.

I admit, not buying her CD's is over the top. I won't be boycotting her and I don't believe CUBB will go that far either. There are afterall, countries that she has never been to at all. But, the thing about Australia is that it's not close to anywhere she is going. And the excuses she has used in the past don't apply anymore so yes we are pissed.

I agree with you Carta and other Madonna "sucks" need to get off their high horse and piss off out of this thread. After the major disappointment of Madonna not coming down to Australia for Confessions I said to myself thats it I'm not buying anything more of hers I will download it. Thats a personal decision I made after years of supporting Madonna some people may think it's abit rash or to the extreme but I have been extremely disappointed every time Madonna has chosen to leave us out. If Madonna doesn't come down this time I think people will have really given up her. What a shame! I have to say I'm not that surprised but still can't help but be disappointed and upset that once again we miss out.

I just want to know why?? Madonna must have really hated it here in 93.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

We should post this everywhere we can and also fwd it to Madonna's management. Who knows, perhaps they'll use it

Just to stir the pot a bit more, she did say "as soon as I can", rather than "on my next tour" ;)

I agree with you Carta and other Madonna "sucks" need to get off their high horse and piss off out of this thread. After the major disappointment of Madonna not coming down to Australia for Confessions I said to myself thats it I'm not buying anything more of hers I will download it. Thats a personal decision I made after years of supporting Madonna some people may think it's abit rash or to the extreme but I have been extremely disappointed every time Madonna has chosen to leave us out. If Madonna doesn't come down this time I think people will have really given up her. What a shame! I have to say I'm not that surprised but still can't help but be disappointed and upset that once again we miss out.

I just want to know why?? Madonna must have really hated it here in 93.

I was looking through the CT forum to find some info about something unrelated and came across a thread where you said you didn't want to see her anyway because her shows were getting worse and worse and weren't really worth the money! You put a lot of people offside with that remark because it started a barrage of comments about Australians not deserving to see her anyway.

I just think it's sad that you're choosing to turn your back on her music because she's not touring. That shouldn't change the way you feel about her music, should it? If you love it, buy it and enjoy it. If you don't, move on to someone else.

I have just as much right to be in this thread as you do, BTW.

But from the tone of your posts ur just trying to stir us up..telling us that we have no right to be pissed off when clearly we do. Thats why I said get out. And I love Madonna's music more than anyone elses I wouldn't be here otherwise. I didn't buy Hard Candy I downloaded it because I wanted to see if Madonna would actually tour down here this time and since it looks as though she isn't I made the right decision.

I love Hard Candy I think it's a brilliant album and im sure its going to be wonderful live.

But from the tone of your posts ur just trying to stir us up..telling us that we have no right to be pissed off when clearly we do. Thats why I said get out. And I love Madonna's music more than anyone elses I wouldn't be here otherwise. I didn't buy Hard Candy I downloaded it because I wanted to see if Madonna would actually tour down here this time and since it looks as though she isn't I made the right decision.

I love Hard Candy I think it's a brilliant album and im sure its going to be wonderful live.

My penultimate post was designed to stir, yes, but in general, I'm just trying to present the other point of view.

Will you buy HC if she decides to tour?

I'm genuinely glad you love the album - I agree that it's fantastic and I really, really hope that you get to see it live!!! Don't forget that if she does end up touring Australia, I won't even get to see it here. It sucks, but that's just the way things have worked out for me.