Why does M tour the Same ol countries over and over!

Guest nothingfails0603
Exactly Nothingfails!

Thats what I dont find facinating.

Where is Nashville? EL Paso? Minneopolis? or even Columbus , ohio?

These are huge cities. I would think she would like to get her music played and her name broadcasted.

She keeps doing the same ol cities in America

I agree, why not come to Indianapolis, that's not "big"? I know she'll never hit Louisville, but Indianapolis is less than two hours away and tons of A-list artists play there, so why not M?

Oh and for those who think she doesn't go to certain countries because of their "values" and "freedom of expression", God you are stupid, she doesn't go there because there's no money. If she cared so much for values, respect and freedom she wouldn't tour the US.

who's being the stupid one now!? :electropop:

you really compare the US with legalized gay-bashing in the middle east and executions of political opponents in China...?

then you should not call anyone else dumb!

who's being the stupid one now!? :electropop:

you really compare the US with legalized gay-bashing in the middle east and executions of political opponents in China...?

then you should not call anyone else dumb!

You are an idiot.

You are an idiot.

boo-hoo!

you still know you're the #1 idiot around here so why even bother!?

comparing the US to political executions in China and legal gay-bashing in middle-eastern countris.. THAT is idiotic...! anyone with a brain would say

boo-hoo!

comparing the US to political executions in China and legal gay-bashing in middle-eastern countris.. THAT is idiotic...! anyone with a brain would say

You're still an idiot. And banned from The Charts forum because of your idiocy.

But can you deny the USA is responsible for murdering Iraqis. That's not any less wrong than what China or UAE did.

I never said that...

but your comment was just timed to bash me once again...

and why didn't you just put me on the ignore list alreay if that's what you want so much!?

But can you deny the USA is responsible for murdering Iraqis. That's not any less wrong than what China or UAE did.

Exactly. Morals have anything to do with Madonna not touring certain countries, it's exclusively the money.

boo-hoo!

I agree only a complete moron would make those comparisons. So pathetic.

Guest FrozenLight

Seriously, for the ones who think she doesn't go somewhere because of how a government treats its people or has harsh ways of dealing with gays or whoever...PLEASE, get REAL!! Madonna goes where the money is and I think the reason she keeps on playing the same places over and over again is because her management and tour sponsor probably have the good money relationship with the concert promoters for places like Bercy in Paris, MSG in NY and so forth...it probably makes the whole touring project easier to set-up.

Believe me the day Egypt or any other third world country will pay 10 million bucks for a show every artist (including Madonna) will start going there.

I would love for her to incorporate new markets where the money would be same as performing in Paris or London. She could play in cities like Vienna, Zurich, Stockholm, Lyon, Malaga, Brussels, Helsinki for example and still make the same money since charging the same amount of money is these places is acceptable. In the US should could try places like Tampa, Orlando, Dallas, Minneapolis, Cleveland, San Antonio and still could sell-out 2 shows at each place with ease.

Well I guess at least this time around she is giving a shot for Denver, Houston, Vancouver and San Diego

BUT, seriously don't be naive thinking that it's about political reasons....if that was the case she would probably have to skip the US and UK altogether...she wouldn't cash money from Gap commercials where clothes are produced in poor countries...so this theory doesn't hold ground.

I think they think about the easiest way to set-up a tour and where the most money can be made and then decide on places (hence, the same places over and over again).

I

Abraham is N O T the DumbAss

He has more knowledge and more insight in his finger nail than you do as a whole.

And much more educated! (have you read his posts lately??)

And whats with your HUMAN RIGHTS agruement>

Do you think gays do NOT get prosectued in AMERICA>????

They do in diff ways than you think? Ask one if they can marry legally?

You think thats HUMANE? dumb ass

:lmao:

Thanks babe. :thumbsup:

xoox

Yes, it's so morally acceptable for Madonna to tour in the USA, the country that drops boms on Iraq, killing thousands of innocent souls.

Bravo. Just disregard those dumb azz freaks.

Anyway back to topic.

I really feel that if she continues on the same pattern where she tours the same cities and does the same amount of dates in each, every 2-3 years, the demand on those $350 tickets would go down.

I'm glad that she is touring and hitting different places this time around. Her last tour was the biggest tour by a female, it broke records...etc

Maybe it's LiveNation, it's smarter what she is doing for this tour, going to big cities that she hasnt been before, or has been but not in a while would guarantee to sell out and more money in their pockets.

I'm so glad that she is touring Latin America. However I would be disappointed if she doesn't tour Asia and Australia.

I never said that...

but your comment was just timed to bash me once again...

and why didn't you just put me on the ignore list alreay if that's what you want so much!?

If you and glittercandy are so concerned about MORALITY, POLICIES and crap why can't you judge the USA (or Israel; Palestinians are being killed by their regime everyday for fuck's sake) like how you judge China and UAE.

Seriously, for the ones who think she doesn't go somewhere because of how a government treats its people or has harsh ways of dealing with gays or whoever...PLEASE, get REAL!! Madonna goes where the money is and I think the reason she keeps on playing the same places over and over again is because her management and tour sponsor probably have the good money relationship with the concert promoters for places like Bercy in Paris, MSG in NY and so forth...it probably makes the whole touring project easier to set-up.

Believe me the day Egypt or any other third world country will pay 10 million bucks for a show every artist (including Madonna) will start going there.

I would love for her to incorporate new markets where the money would be same as performing in Paris or London. She could play in cities like Vienna, Zurich, Stockholm, Lyon, Malaga, Brussels, Helsinki for example and still make the same money since charging the same amount of money is these places is acceptable. In the US should could try places like Tampa, Orlando, Dallas, Minneapolis, Cleveland, San Antonio and still could sell-out 2 shows at each place with ease.

Well I guess at least this time around she is giving a shot for Denver, Houston, Vancouver and San Diego

BUT, seriously don't be naive thinking that it's about political reasons....if that was the case she would probably have to skip the US and UK altogether...she wouldn't cash money from Gap commercials where clothes are produced in poor countries...so this theory doesn't hold ground.

I think they think about the easiest way to set-up a tour and where the most money can be made and then decide on places (hence, the same places over and over again).

I

:thumbsup:

You don't know her or know why she chooses not to play in some places. She is all about money but you can't say she will do anything for money. You are just guessing.

She has done alot for Malwai and shows she is a humanitarian.

I

If you and glittercandy are so concerned about MORALITY, POLICIES and crap why can't you judge the USA (or Israel; Palestinians are being killed by their regime everyday for fuck's sake) like how you judge China and UAE.

don't bother

Egypt, India get big names from time 2 time but they're very low money concerts - Aerosmith, Whitney

Egypt could afford an Madonna show. When Shakira performed there last year her tickets where: Egyptian Pounds 400 EGP, 750 EGP, 1000 EGP, 2000 EGP, 3000 EGP (United States Dollars $70.09 USD, $131.42 USD, $175.23 USD, $350.46 USD, $525.69 USD)

100,000 people where at the show. Spazz was at this show :)

Egypt could afford an Madonna show. When Shakira performed there last year her tickets where: Egyptian Pounds 400 EGP, 750 EGP, 1000 EGP, 2000 EGP, 3000 EGP (United States Dollars $70.09 USD, $131.42 USD, $175.23 USD, $350.46 USD, $525.69 USD)

100,000 people where at the show. Spazz was at this show :)

It was just a matter of time, wasn't it?

don't bother

You can't answer because you know you're on the wrong side. Seriously, your judgmental and UNFAIR point of view disguts me to the maximum.

According to YOUR logic, Madonna should not tour the USA and I'm afraid that's obvious. Read again what you wrote about China and UAE and eventually you'll find the USA isn't doing any less wrong than those two.

To me, she can tour any country she wants, simple as that. No need to study their government policies. Political leaders are universally vile.

You can't answer because you know you're on the wrong side. Seriously, your judgmental and UNFAIR point of view disguts me to the maximum.

According to YOUR logic, Madonna should not tour the USA and I'm afraid that's obvious. Read again what you wrote about China and UAE and eventually you'll find the USA isn't doing any less wrong than those two.

To me, she can tour any country she wants, simple as that. No need to study their government policies. Political leaders are universally vile.

then you didn't really read what i've written...

Madonna made a political statement by saying she wanted to play in Kurdistan, they don't have a country but she was obviously giving a diss to the country of Turkey by saying this and makes me wonder why she has not played there since 93', They sure have the money to pay her.

The show in Kurdistan did not happen, but it shows she cares about where she plays!!!!!

World famous pop singer Madonna will travel on 24th of April to the Kurdish city Amed, known among Kurds as the capital of Kurdistan. She will give a concert in the football stadium of Amed reported the Kurdish news portal www.Azady.nl based in Holland.

Madonna won’t ask money and the Kurdish public can see her without paying.

The costs will be paid by the municipality of Amed.

Osman Baydemir, the mayor of the Kurdish town said he has met her week ago when he visited America. There they talked about Amed and the Kurdish people. Together they decided that Madonna would perform in Amed.

According to the Kurdish website Madonna want to show her support for the Kurdish people with this concert.

Due to high economic underdevelopment, lack of resources, unemployment and poverty, tourists, western artists and businessmen normally visit Turkish cities like Ankara and Istanbul or other tourist resorts in West-Turkey.

This is the first time that an American superstar will visit Northern-Kurdistan (Southeast-Turkey).

Crystal Coffin is absolutely correct! :thumbsup:

I think it behooves Madonna to incorporate farther and more exotic countries-3rd world or not-to bring her NAME in the LIMELIGHT.

There would be MUCH, MUCH MORE GLOBAL MEDIA INTEREST if she tours CAIRO, EGYPT or NEW DELHI , INDIA than America or Europe.

No, she is doing private show in Dubai for a wealthy person at a birthday or something.

But Dubai is another country that may look exotic but has horrible human rights violations and a dark side.

I dont think she should play there either.

read this article, its really upsetting:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/01/world/mi...st/01dubai.html

Who the hell says she's picking and choosing countries based on human rights violations!? If Beijing can net her $20 million like London did in 2006, believe me she flock her ass there in no time. This is a business, not a human rights tour.