Hard Candy SoundScan/Billboard 200 Discussion

thebigham

Well, for those who get off at other people's "misfortunes" and since Mimi always has been about charts and sales, I guess it LOL-worthy for them. Sure, E=MC2 is a commercial disappointment (at 4.7m units less than its predecessor), but Mimi isn't lacking for funds, I'm sure.

How dare you delete a co-moderator's post!

In any event, I'll repeat the important part of the post- with just 700 units separating HC from the bottom of the chart last week, expect anything in regards to position.

If it can stay in that range, will be in decent position for the tour hitting North America this week.

Stop! ptotry was not serious with his post.

Theone thign we do know is that HC didn't increase sales last week (thanks to a post at Pulse, RE albums on the chart that did increase).

No. 200 scanned 2,900 or so last week, so back to <3K atthe bottom of the chart.

Guest harbors
Stop! ptotry was not serious with his post.

Theone thign we do know is that HC didn't increase sales last week (thanks to a post at Pulse, RE albums on the chart that did increase).

No. 200 scanned 2,900 or so last week, so back to <3K atthe bottom of the chart.

ouch! hope the tour will help.

The album's been holding up decently the last several weeks- the tour could help keep it in the 3,000-4,000 range. Volume will be increasing at the bottom of the chart as the holidays approach, so this is where it can rack up some more time on the chart.

The largest drop it's seen in recent weeks was 18%- worst-case scenario, let's say it dropped 20%- then, yeah, it very well might drop right off the chart (as that would bring it to 2,900 and change).

I updated the weeks on in the subject title, as well. ;)

(Right off the bat, for those who like toget their chuckles in, Mimi's album drops 141-170 in its 24th week.)

So, Hard Candy managed to hang on the chart right through the start of the North American tour this week. While the sales tally isn't anything to shout about, at least it's hung on the BB 200 as long as it has post-"4 Minutes" (since GI2M was her least successful second single at U.S. radio EVER, with just 2m or so BDS audience peak).

Interesting how AL's sales were higher at the same time- oh wait, was that the week Oprah aired? It was close to that (I remember it airing in September 2003). And the album did benefit a little from that.

Ifit did that, it would bea gradual increase- unlikely to gain 50% in one week or anything.

Going by past tours, I don't see the album getting back as high as 5K. If anything, it may stay in its current range, or increase slightly.

Going by past tours, I don't see the album getting back as high as 5K. If anything, it may stay in its current range, or increase slightly.

Yeah. COADF only increased about 400-500 copies on the heels of its opening week in the U.S. and that album was more popular here. In fact, despite the huge success of the Confessions Tour in the U.S. the album's sales actually declined pretty much every week after that - albeit only by a few hundred a week though.

Interesting how AL's sales were higher at the same time- oh wait, was that the week Oprah aired? It was close to that (I remember it airing in September 2003). And the album did benefit a little from that.

What did she do at Oprah show? Did she sing or just another bla bla?

^It was to promote the release of The English Roses. Bits of a couple songs were heard as it went to commercial, etc.- and NF was played as the background during the reading of a letter by someone. Oprah mentioned the album (and the image of the AL single oddly was shown, from what I remember. haha)

And, yes, American Life's 22nd week did reflect the Oprah appearance, hence its 15.6% gain to 4,542 units. So, HC was running 63,000 or so ahead of AL after the same # of weeks out.

Even though AL was off the chart, someone had access to a WB site and posted numbers for a number of weeks there.