4 Minutes around the World Sales Charts

Guest Hafo

Guest alantan

4 minutes debuts at No 3 on the ARIA Digital Tracks Top 40 in Australia, and has not made an appearance on the Top 40 Singles Chart as of today - 30/3/08. Still at No 2 on itunes.

Warners Australia don't allow singles to chart on the main chart unless a physical single is available. Why, I do not know. It's an absolute certainty that 4M would have been Top 10 this week (if not Top 5) if Warner had allowed it to chart. If it continues to grow digitally, it could actually be the biggest selling single in the country but still wouldn't be #1 because Warners say so. Unless they change their chart policy, it won't appear on the main singles chart until the end of April, so 4-5 chart weeks will have been lost, basically (i.e. the sales won't count towards the main official singles chart).

As for Italy, 4M is available exclusively through the website of one of Italy's main national newspapers, so iTunes can't touch it until that deal has finished (either tomorrow or next Monday - I'm not sure whether it was a 2 or 3 week deal).

Warners Australia don't allow singles to chart on the main chart unless a physical single is available. Why, I do not know. It's an absolute certainty that 4M would have been Top 10 this week (if not Top 5) if Warner had allowed it to chart. If it continues to grow digitally, it could actually be the biggest selling single in the country but still wouldn't be #1 because Warners say so. Unless they change their chart policy, it won't appear on the main singles chart until the end of April, so 4-5 chart weeks will have been lost, basically (i.e. the sales won't count towards the main official singles chart).

As for Italy, 4M is available exclusively through the website of one of Italy's main national newspapers, so iTunes can't touch it until that deal has finished (either tomorrow or next Monday - I'm not sure whether it was a 2 or 3 week deal).

tnx for the info...

posted on Drownedmadonna.com

MADONNA’S “4 MINUTES” CONTINUES TO MAKE CANADIAN CHART HISTORY

New single has biggest one week sales for a digital track since the establishment of the Digital Tracks Sales Chart

For immediate release

Madonna has done it again. Nielsen SoundScan, the firm that measures actual sales of music in North America, has revealed today that “4 Minutes,” the first single from Madonna’s forthcoming album, Hard Candy, has debuted at #1 on the Digital Tracks Sales Chart with the highest one week total sales since the establishment of the chart in 2005. This follows the news a week ago that “4 Minutes” became the first single to debut at #1 on the CHR chart in the history of BDS in Canada.

“4 Minutes” was co-written by Madonna, Justin Timberlake and Timbaland. Timberlake also co-produced the track with Timbaland and performs vocals with Madonna. Hard Candy will be released in North America on Tuesday, April 29, 2008. The album features Justin Timberlake on multiple tracks and production by Pharrell Williams, Timbaland and Nate “Danja” Hills.

Guest Qbanito21

New single has biggest one week sales for a digital track since the establishment of the Digital Tracks Sales Chart

For immediate release

Madonna has done it again. Nielsen SoundScan, the firm that measures actual sales of music in North America, has revealed today that “4 Minutes,” the first single from Madonna’s forthcoming album, Hard Candy, has debuted at #1 on the Digital Tracks Sales Chart with the highest one week total sales since the establishment of the chart in 2005. This follows the news a week ago that “4 Minutes” became the first single to debut at #1 on the CHR chart in the history of BDS in Canada.

“4 Minutes” was co-written by Madonna, Justin Timberlake and Timbaland. Timberlake also co-produced the track with Timbaland and performs vocals with Madonna. Hard Candy will be released in North America on Tuesday, April 29, 2008. The album features Justin Timberlake on multiple tracks and production by Pharrell Williams, Timbaland and Nate “Danja” Hills.

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest boytoyville

Why in the heck isn't this song #1 at UK I-tunes yet! The songs is doing amazing by regular standards but by Madonna standards I though it would be doing just a little bit better in Europe this far a long.

For immediate release

F@CK IT, they didn't even mention a sales figure... :rant:

F@CK IT, they didn't even mention a sales figure... :rant:

billboard.com

The pairing of pop heavyweights Madonna and Justin Timberlake produces record-setting results, as “4 Minutes” (Warner) catapults 27-1 on the Canadian Hot 100. The song enters Hot Digital Songs at No. 1 with 18,000 downloads sold, the best oneweek sum since Nielsen SoundScan began tracking digital sales in February 2005. The total easily surpasses the mark set when “Apologize,” by “Minutes” producer Timbaland, moved 13,000 downloads on the Jan. 12 chart. The lead single from Madonna’s “Hard Candy,” due April 29, also surges at radio, with a 2-1 rise on the all-format airplay chart and top 15 rankings on the British Columbia, Maritimes, Ontario and Quebec provincial charts.

Hot on Madonna’s heels, Mariah Carey vaults 40-2 on the Hot 100 with “Touch My Body” (Universal), which debuts at No. 2 on the digital chart (7,000 downloads).

Hot on Madonna’s heels, Mariah Carey vaults 40-2 on the Hot 100 with “Touch My Body” (Universal), which debuts at No. 2 on the digital chart (7,000 downloads).

I lurve this part...