US Chart Talk: 9/1/07

thebigham

Well, the year's not over yet- surely we'll see albums with bigger opening weeks in the 4th quarter and such.

I think Carrie Underwood will have the highest first week sales for a female this year.

when i as at school and that in the Uk i cant remember any one in the class liking teenybop acts who were big at the time NKOTB late 80's/early90's, take that earl to mid 90's, kylie, east 17 - there was not a fan of anyone of those in our class and proably our year except one girl in our class who liked one of the major hunks at the time and people thought it was SO uncool. kids were more into the dance music coming up, gruneg acts such as pearl jam, rem, rage against the machine, and other artists such as extreme, bjork.....but def no teeny bop acts. i do think radio should play these songs now and then at pop stations - especially if its going to contribute to chart positons. if radio are going to ignore acts because of their age ie madonna or who they appeal too then it should nt be used to compile a chart.

were they all gay men who were hoping to "convert" Nick Carter? lol. I knew a lot of gay guys in college who loved the boybands, but none of the girls would've been caught dead listening to N'Sync or whatever. Kind of a huge role reversal from when I was in fourth grade when the girls all loved NKOTB but none of the boys would've been caught dead liking them.

In actuality, you see just as many 20-something gay men who want to fuck Zac Efron today as you saw wanting Nick and Justin (granted, some things never change when it comes to Justin) back in 1999. Hell, Hilary Duff's audience now is probably 90% gay adult (or at least later teens up) men, and she is/was a Disney act too. So things haven't changed all that much from the days of Backstreet and Britney to Zac and Hannah.

"Beautiful Girls" holds at No. 1 for a 4th week (probably its last). Pink squeezes into thetop 20, up a notch to No. 20.

Oh that is great news, this is the third Top 20 hit from IND now, a year ago that would have sounded crazy.

:nocomment::lol:

Guest Bad Robot

Yay for P!nk's new top 20!

Isn't it her tenth top 20 on the hot 100?

Let's see:

her first song (can't remember the title!!)

Most Girls

Get the Party Started

Don't Let Me Get Me

Just Like A Pill

Family Portrait (did this go top 20?)

Lady Marmalade

U + Ur Hand

Who Knew

What am I missing? I don't think "You Make Me Sick" made top 20, right?

Guest Eternal Flame

Let's see:

her first song (can't remember the title!!)

Most Girls

Get the Party Started

Don't Let Me Get Me

Just Like A Pill

Family Portrait (did this go top 20?)

Lady Marmalade

U + Ur Hand

Who Knew

What am I missing? I don't think "You Make Me Sick" made top 20, right?

These are their peaks, anyone can correct me if any of them are wrong.

There You Go - #7

Most Girls - #4

You Make Me Sick - #33

Lady Marmalade - #1

Get the Party Started - #4

Don't Let Me Get Me - #4

Just Like A Pill - #8

Family Portrait - #20

Feel Good Time - #60-something

Trouble - #60-something

God Is a DJ - (I don't remember if this charted or not)

Stupid Girls - #13

Who Knew - #20

U + Ur Hand - #9

Actually, U + Ur Hand was Pink's first top ten hit in almost 5 years.

These are their peaks, anyone can correct me if any of them are wrong.

There You Go - #7

Most Girls - #4

You Make Me Sick - #33

Lady Marmalade - #1

Get the Party Started - #4

Don't Let Me Get Me - #4

Just Like A Pill - #8

Family Portrait - #20

Feel Good Time - #60-something

Trouble - #60-something

God Is a DJ - (I don't remember if this charted or not)

Stupid Girls - #13

Who Knew - #20

U + Ur Hand - #9

Actually, U + Ur Hand was Pink's first top ten hit in almost 5 years.

I can't believe Just Like A Pill "only" made #8, it seemed like that song was ALWAYS on in the summer of '02. Congrats Pink on your 10th Top 20!!

I don't know if I should feel good or bad about this, but am I the only one here who has never seen nor heard ANYTHING from either High School Musical?

Guest Eternal Flame

I find incredible what happened with this song! it was really good and it sounds so comercial to me! those charts are crazy!

Try This was pretty much dead on arrival. Even the lead single couldn't make the top 50. She could've released a very commercial single anyway on that record and it wouldn't have gone anywhere. The Try This singles had it worse than the singles for I'm Not Dead, even disregarding U + Ur Hand.

Try This was pretty much dead on arrival. Even the lead single couldn't make the top 50. She could've released a very commercial single anyway on that record and it wouldn't have gone anywhere. The Try This singles had it worse than the singles for I'm Not Dead, even disregarding U + Ur Hand.

yes: and it´s really strange, because her previous album was a massive success:that´s why I don´t understand, because the change wasn´t that big, at least in the singles

Guest Eternal Flame

yes: and it´s really strange, because her previous album was a massive success:that´s why I don´t understand, because the change wasn´t that big, at least in the singles

I think the singles off of Misundaztood were more catchy than the Try This singles. Also Trouble wasn't a very good single to kick off the album with, not that it's bad but it's not as catchy as Get the Party Started (the lead single off of Misundaztood) was.

Guest Bad Robot

She had a kind of mini-Kelly Clarkson thing happening. Big huge pop album followed up with rockier album (but only slightly changed) and a sudden drop in interest.

sometimes you're punished for leaving your box i guess.

Guest nothingfails0603

I'm sorry guys, I'm responsible for why Try This flopped. I had a bitter breakup with a Pink fan shortly before the release of Try This, and I wished a huge flop on her, and then she bombed. LOL

Guest Eternal Flame

Pink definitely has enough recognizable singles to make a legitimate greatest hits collection after I'm Not Deat has indeed DIED down.

I'm so clever, yeah.

She should feature:

the 3 CTMH singles

the 4 M singles

God is a Dj, Trouble, Feel Good Time

Stupid Girls, Who Knew, U+Ur Hand, and maybe one other

+Lady Marmalade possibly

and a few new songs.

Guest Eternal Flame

why is the US so Disney right now?

They're no where to be found on radio and most of the public here has no idea who they are or their songs, the kids are just buying their songs and albums like crazy right now.

HSM2 had a lot of TV viewers

'High School Musical 2' Smashes Records

An estimated 17.2 million people tune in

August 18, 2007

The Disney Channel's highly anticipated sequel "High School Musical 2" smashed a bevy of viewership records on Friday (Aug. 17) night.

The follow-up to the phenomenon that was "High School Musical" drew an estimated 17.2 million viewers on Friday night, a figure Disney Channel boasts makes it the most-watched basic cable telecast ever. That's an eight percent bump from the Sept. 23, 2006 "Monday Night Football" telecast, which gave ESPN the previous record.

Want some more "High School Musical 2" records?

"High School Musical 2" became the most watched basic cable movie of all time in total viewers by a margin of almost two million over 2001's "Crossfire Trail" on TNT.

From Zac Efron to Vanessa Anne Hudgens to Ashley Tisdale to Lucas Grabeel to Corbin Bleu to Monique Coleman, all of the original "High School Musical" stars returned and the sequel drew 6.1 million kids between the ages of 6 and 11 and 5.9 million in the 9-to-14 tween demographic. Thus, "High School Musical 2" can now claim to be TV's most watched entertainment telecast ever in tweens (still trailing 2004's Super Bowl, if you want to get all technical about it).

"High School Musical 2" drew the biggest audience for any Friday night telecast of any sort in more than five years and directly contributed to a night of low ratings on the major networks.

Airing from 8 p.m. to 10:05 p.m., "HSM2" then expanded its halo to a special preview of the original series "Phineas & Ferb," which drew 10.8 million, Disney Channel's second largest audience ever. Disney Channel's third largest audience, a flock of 10.7 million, then stuck around at 10:20 for an episode of "Hannah Montana," which can now stake its claim to having basic cable's most watched series telecast ever.