Madonna Teaches the Alphabet

LatinAmericanIdol

So we just came up with another Madonna-insprired project where we had our kindergartners reinvent the alphabet with 26 Madonna songs. I tried to make it a point to use at least one song from every studio album. The kids LOVED working on this project and it's so gratifying to hear them randomly singing Madonna songs throughout the day (as well as seeing them eagerly learn their letters). It's kinda fun for adults to watch too :-)

Thank you!!! I personally have a soft spot for "U is for umbrella" because it gave us a chance to recreate that last umbrella scene from the "Rain" video

The little girl being Madonna in that scene is so cute!!!!

This is so brilliant, innovative and cute. Love how you worked all of the letters in such beautiful ways. For example, Octopus with Deeper and Deeper and X-ray with the line of I've got you under my skin from Love Profusion was so cute and sweet . I would have loved to have you as my teacher and I bet those gorgeous kids love you. Wonderful job.

this is a very nice video. but to be honest, when the kids say b is for buhbuhbuh, i was thinking boobs (and madonna hitching a ride with nothing on). when they said c is for cuhcuhcuh, i was thinking cock, and it got worse when the next kid said camel like cum-mel. and d makes the sound of duhduhduh... dick lol. f makes the sound of fuufuu fuuu...... fuck! p makes the sound of puh puh puh... pussy.

A question: why did you chose that remix for Ray of Light instead of the regular chorus?

At first, I DID use the regular version of ROL. It started off with the guitar intro and the kids moving their glow sticks slowly before bursting into high-speed. However, that version was almost a minute long and YouTube blocked it. I had to trim the clip to less than 30 secs, and I felt safer using a remix to avoid being blocked again. I also had to trim down the clips for "Dear Jessie," "Material Girl," and "Rain." It hurt to butcher it down, but I had to make those modifications for YouTube purposes.

Aw. Well done as always, LatinAmericanIdol! :)

Thank you! I was THIS close to asking you about editing a few songs for us, but we managed. I'm still very grateful that you helped us out with TUTBMP a while back :-)

haha i love it! they are absolutely adorable and i am sure you are their favorite teacher! what do the parents say?

The parents LOVE it. No one (thus far) seems to have a problem with it.

Did the children have a favourite song ? This would be a great video to show for children trying to learn the alphabet. Would be great if it was used in lots of schools as well.

It was a little surprising to see which songs they loved best (but that could do with the music videos themselves). The really LOVED Give it 2 Me, Jump, Open Your Heart, and Ray of Light. I posted the video on some education pages and it seems to be getting passed around. Many teachers have already told me they're using in their classrooms and the kids love it.

Spreading the Madonnica knowledge is always fun and creating these videos is always rewarding, but the cherry on top of all this was the recognition we received from the Los Angeles Times yesterday...

http://www.latimes.com/local/education/la-me-beat-kindergarten-vogue-20141027-story.html