"The Confessions Tour" CD/DVD World Chart Topic

Ugly Hecty

Guest Beautiful Stranger

Starting with a #10 debut in Ireland on the album chart! :clap:

That's much better than IGTTYAS's debut and peak of #40. :lol::wow:

Guest boytoyville

IGTTYAS is a joke, I don't even own it

Confessions DVD is perfect

I personally LOVE the doc. I wish we would get more of them. Nice to see Madonna outside of performing.

Guest Caresse Henry

Report from MadonnaTribe and my MINIONS:

The Confessions Tour debutes in the album charts of the following countries:

BELGIUM #19 (Flanders) ; #8 (Wallony)

IRELAND #10

POLAND #13

... and in the DVD charts of the following ones

GERMANY #2 (Weekly Chart by Amazon.de)

HUNGARY #3

Figures for other countries will NOT be available before this coming Sunday. The DVD+CD is already charting in Belgium, Poland and Hungary because these countries' chart rules don't need to count a full week of sales before a new title becomes chart eligible.

Guest Louisdf

#2 in the Netherlands!Higher than American Life lol.

This is the top 10:

# LW Artist Title Week

1 Norah Jones Not Too Late 1

2 Madonna The Confessions Tour 1

3 (1) Boudewijn de Groot Lage landen 2

4 (2) Trijntje Oosterhuis & Metropole Orchestra The Look Of Love - Burt Bacharach Songbook 11

5 (5) Nelly Furtado Loose 33

6 (4) Jan Smit Op weg naar geluk 20

7 (3) Il Divo Siempre 10

8 (6) JJ Cale & Eric Clapton The Road To Escondido 13

9 (9) U2 18 Singles 11

10 (7) Marco Borsato Symphonica in Rosso 9

source dutchcharts.com

Guest boytoyville

#2 in the Netherlands!Higher than American Life lol.

This is the top 10:

# LW Artist Title Week

1 Norah Jones Not Too Late 1

2 Madonna The Confessions Tour 1

3 (1) Boudewijn de Groot Lage landen 2

4 (2) Trijntje Oosterhuis & Metropole Orchestra The Look Of Love - Burt Bacharach Songbook 11

5 (5) Nelly Furtado Loose 33

6 (4) Jan Smit Op weg naar geluk 20

7 (3) Il Divo Siempre 10

8 (6) JJ Cale & Eric Clapton The Road To Escondido 13

9 (9) U2 18 Singles 11

10 (7) Marco Borsato Symphonica in Rosso 9

source dutchcharts.com

:thumbsup:

I hope it does really well on all of the other charts as well. I would imagine it's exceding expectations in most markets.

Does anybody know which regions or territories that the DVD only is being sold. As far as I know it's only Spain. Sales for the CD/DVD would be slightly lower in those markets I would imagine.

How could there be word on a USA debut, when the sales week ends Sunday, and HITS didn't even mention it? C'mon, moe! ;-)

WEll Some people know people. Just thought someone whould have an inside tip.

[quote name='boytoyville' date='Feb 4 2007, 01:32 AM' post='124726

Does anybody know which regions or territories that the DVD only is being sold. As far as I know it's only Spain. Sales for the CD/DVD would be slightly lower in those markets I would imagine.

is it only here!!! :wow:

last week´s number eight sold 14.000 copies, I guess she will be near that amount

Think nearer 20k because 4 new entries this week above her, so album sales will have increased on last week. Last weeks number 8 (Keane) are now down to 10 this week. Keane's sales have increased 4 weeks in a row prior to this week.

Will post figures though when have them.

Pleased she has made top ten and hope it has some legs over the next few weeks.

Think nearer 20k because 4 new entries this week above her, so album sales will have increased on last week. Last weeks number 8 (Keane) are now down to 10 this week. Keane's sales have increased 4 weeks in a row prior to this week.

Will post figures though when have them.

Pleased she has made top ten and hope it has some legs over the next few weeks.

News just in....22k this week!

Guest boytoyville

From Drowned Madonna #2 in France and #1 in Mexico

The Confessions Tour CD+DVD has entered the French album chart at #2, just behind Norah Jones. The DVD format hugely sold too.

Great news from Mexico too! The Confessions Tour debuted at the #1 spot in the DVD/CD chart in Mexico! It got straight to the top spot in the Top 10 best selling albums. This chart is compilled by Mexico’s main and most important music store MixUp.

Furthermore, the media has been reporting that the DVD/CD is sold out across the country and it is hard to find a copy. This was mentioned both on radio (radio station Universal Stereo) and on national tv (Ellas con las Estrellas / Televisa).

Big kuddos to the Mexican fans for making another big entry for Madonna. This would be the Madonna’s 10th #1 in the country following I’m Going To Tell You A Secret, Confessions On A Dance Floor, American Life, Music, Ray Of Light, Bedtime Stories and Erotica.

Guest boytoyville

I know that I have asked this question before but I am still confused so I appologize.

Now, which territories has there been a DVD only version offered? According to Drowned Madonna seems like many territories. Are some territories just counting it towards the DVD chart AND music chart? Are these sales combined seperated. Basically I want to know if the sales mentioned about the CD/DVD are ONLY for that or if there is a COMPETEING DVD only version in these territories. I'm so confused, can someone PLEASE straighten this out for me.

Guest Caresse Henry

Caresse hates to be such a spoiler :rosey: but that Mexican chart is NOT official, it's just a retail chain chart. It's like saying that it went #1 in the HMV chart. Well done, but not enough.

We should know soon if it really entered a #1 in the REAL chart compiled by Mexico's IFPI. However, I don't doubt for a second it sold really well. Those Latins love AGING, OVER-THEATRICAL female stars!