Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Horrifying news from Morocco: children lied to make them swim to Spain


Recommended Posts

In the past days thousands of people from Morocco and other African countries have reached the Spanish city of Ceuta (autonomous city situated in the coast inside Morocco). 

It seems Morocco let them pass as an answer because the leader of West Sahara is being treated in Madrid with Covid. 

Thousands came swimming. The big surprise was that most were children! Some images at first showed the police trying to stop the people, but as the situation got worse, the army and the red cross came to help. 

You can't imagine the hideous behaviour of the right wing political parties in Spain, with the xenophobia. Or the fact that the girl from the Red Cross who embraced and gave consultation to a young man from a Central African country who was crying had to delete her Twitter account yesterday because of the hatred messages she got from right wing radicals. 

It was just reported that the Moroccan children were lied: taken from school and told that they were going on a trip to know Cristiano Ronaldo. 

I have no words at the misery, the absolute lack of empathy, the behaviour of the Moroccan dictatorship and the Spanish  right wing parties. I applaud the great work of the Spanish army and the Red Cross workers. 

 

9118700F-4150-4667-A2CF-D5AA74051FD6.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know the veracity of the statement but the video is bloody horrible...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Kim said:

I don't know the veracity of the statement but the video is bloody horrible...

 

Yes, sadly it's true. the first waves of people were stopped even with violence. Which was very criticised too. The tension in Ceuta and Melilla (the other autonomous city) leads to situations like this on a regular basis. It's absolutely horrifying. 

The thing is that in this new social media landscape, those who criticise that lack of humanity are answered with scorn and hatred by the xenophobic users! What a mess is Twitter.

As the situation got worse, new military have gone there to help the people coming (not to stop them violently). Especially when more and more children were coming. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

South of Spain has this tension every day (not as super overwhelming as now and not with so many little children). And almost every day there's a horrible scene of migrants being treated like shit, along others of good souls helping them. 

Now this is being used by right wing parties to get votes and sadly it's working. Spain is getting more and more intolerant. I expect a Trumpification of the country really fast. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, karbatal said:

Yes, sadly it's true. the first waves of people were stopped even with violence. Which was very criticised too. The tension in Ceuta and Melilla (the other autonomous city) leads to situations like this on a regular basis. It's absolutely horrifying. 

The thing is that in this new social media landscape, those who criticise that lack of humanity are answered with scorn and hatred by the xenophobic users! What a mess is Twitter.

As the situation got worse, new military have gone there to help the people coming (not to stop them violently). Especially when more and more children were coming. 

 

 

So sad. People’s lack of humanity and lack of compassion is growing stronger worldwide. Terrifying. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, karbatal said:

The thing is that in this new social media landscape, those who criticise that lack of humanity are answered with scorn and hatred by the xenophobic users! What a mess is Twitter.

Yes this is becoming such a crucial issue that needs to be addressed by these companies.

Either a lack of humanity in that so many people are just evil bastards...or literally not human far-right BOTS. Hard to tell apart sometimes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kim said:

Yes this is becoming such a crucial issue that needs to be addressed by these companies.

Either a lack of humanity in that so many people are just evil bastards...or literally not human far-right BOTS. Hard to tell apart sometimes.

The good thing is that the support for the Red Cross worker and the poor Moroccan children has been so incredibly big that there's a backlash against the opportunistic xenophobs. I'm optimistic by nature and always feel that for every bitter person who shouts there are a lot of good people who help and support silently.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...