CoronaVirus: Social Distancing Check In

2 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

The shelter-at-home/social-distancing thing isn't the hard part for me...it's the anxiety that just doesn't go away. The fear of not just what's going on, but how it's being handled (and NOT handled, frankly), what's true vs what's not true, what's to come, etc...  Just trying to keep calm and sensible, while staying properly informed, is far harder than it seems. I'm forcing myself to take several days break from media consumption because it's just too much.

Even making a grocery/supplies run feels scary. It shouldn't, but it does. Going only 1 day a week (if that), first thing in the morning. Worked pretty well the other day.

u are not alone same feelings here too

• 4 weeks later...

Working from home now. Can't say I am enjoying what little things I can make while being at home with family but I still have a work amid this pandemic and it's good enough for me. We''ll just follow all the golden rules to prevent virus from spreading. Keep safe people.

My paranoia has gotten worse. I do not go outside at all anymore. I check the mail once a week and any packages I sanitize and dispose as soon as possible. I let the garbage pile up and throw it out same day as I check the mail. Food delivers here are so limited that never find a window of availability and since I don't drive or feel safe taking transportation, I rely on my family to deliver food and groceries to me. Thank god for them otherwise I don't know what I would do. Friends and co-workers have been diagnosed with the virus and my grandmother passed away a week ago alone in her nursing home 2 days after her diagnosis. It's been a stressful nightmare with no end in sight. Praying for everyone.

On 3/20/2020 at 2:28 AM, VogueMusic said:

The shelter-at-home/social-distancing thing isn't the hard part for me...it's the anxiety that just doesn't go away. The fear of not just what's going on, but how it's being handled (and NOT handled, frankly), what's true vs what's not true, what's to come, etc...  Just trying to keep calm and sensible, while staying properly informed, is far harder than it seems. I'm forcing myself to take several days break from media consumption because it's just too much.

Even making a grocery/supplies run feels scary. It shouldn't, but it does. Going only 1 day a week (if that), first thing in the morning. Worked pretty well the other day.

Glad to hear I'm not alone. I feel similar. 

I’m the type of person that values a lot of alone time, but the ongoing quarantine and social distancing is getting to me. I”m also usually enjoying my single life. I can admit that having a boyfriend  would be a good option at this time.Overall, I’m in a good position right now even though I’m unemployed. Very aware it can be so much worse. I just need to work on managing my sexual frustration. 😂 

On 3/20/2020 at 6:28 AM, VogueMusic said:

I mostly abandoned the TV and news because all they talk about is the virus, and it's turned into a clusterfuck. I can inform myself of the relevant news in about five minutes every day. No need to torture oneself beyond that imo. So I've been studying japanese, and making art, cooking, etc.. it doesn't have to be as horrible as it can.

Guest eroticerotic

I feel a sense of malaise and brain fog in the mornings, to greater or lesser degrees. 
 I feel lucky to have been able to push thru and remain productive but it’s....all so weird. 

also I feel like I can feel the sickness and in the air when I step outside to even just throw trash out. It feels weird to be outside in general now too!

On 4/16/2020 at 10:56 AM, FreeMySoul said:

Thank you. It's been a very painful time.

Stay strong!

I am in New Jersey too, Bergen County the hotspot for the virus.

Things are getting better slowly, don't let you fear lead you. You got this! 🙂

23 hours ago, mmmike said:

Stay strong!

I am in New Jersey too, Bergen County the hotspot for the virus.

Things are getting better slowly, don't let you fear lead you. You got this! 🙂

I'm in Bergen County as well.

I still see fuckers walking around without a mask and some are even coughing! So inconsiderate and selfish. 

22 hours ago, FreeMySoul said:

I'm in Bergen County as well.

I still see fuckers walking around without a mask and some are even coughing! So inconsiderate and selfish. 

Yeah I have been seeing gaggles of teens and younger people talking in the parks. As days go on people are listening less and less. The police drive by but don't say anything from what I see. 

I just wear my masks and gloves when I got out to food shop and I report to the customer service desk if people don't have masks on. The only time I don't wear a mask is when I go running in the street. 

I am in Garfield but I had to go shopping in another town (Hasbrouck Heights) and the difference was day and night. In Heights nearly everyone had a mask on, in Garfield only about 20% had masks on. 

I booked my trip to Spain and Italy for this summer. The hotels are all free cancellation and I fly so much on United I will use the credit if the trip get cancelled. I needed to book my trip for some form of sanity. I also want to support those economies and the travel industry! 

I went to Madrid in February and was suppose to go to Lisbon and Spain in March/April but that got all canceled. 

Is travel even allowed to foreign countries? 

I don't even want to travel by bus to NYC let alone a foreign country right now lol

I was in the planning stages for a vacation to Italy just a few days before this whole thing happened so it's definitely not happening anytime soon.

4 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

I don't even want to travel by bus to NYC let alone a foreign country right now lol

I was in the planning stages for a vacation to Italy just a few days before this whole thing happened so it's definitely not happening anytime soon.

I had a Napoli vacation planned for late April, but I had to postpone it to September. I dont know if I would have to postpone it again.

9 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

Depends on the country . I think right now even if you can fly you might be met with a 14 day quarantine in a hotel room / airport scenario so not really worth it in my opinion .

All my planned trips have been cancelled until 2021 . 

In Thailand domestic flights have started operating but you have to wear mask at all time and there will be no food service . 

Flight attendants in head to toe PPE gear .

Thailand is also closed to foreigners until 1st June . 

Guest eroticerotic

I definitely had some sort of breakdown Sunday night. I was having a party for one, three shots of patron and then my craving for social closeness did not mix well with the coming down of it. I just kept hitting walls with plans and started feeling very trapped; it was very weird to say the least. I don't think I'm having any alcohol for a while! there goes that option.