New album thread - continued here. WE NEED TO WAKE UP to MAGIC.

1 minute ago, Suedey said:

The lacklustre sales of RH had just as much to do with LFL being a lacklustre first single (unforgivable given the atrocity that was GMAYL) and her status as a mature artist than it did with the leaks. 

Lets be honest here and not rewrite stories. 

I agree it was an average lead single but the leaks forced her to release a 6 track preview of RH on iTunes.

That decision destroyed any commercial success as it robbed the lead single of a big first week as sales counted from a lead single released 2 months ahead of time without a video even ready.....so the leaks most certainly did have an impact on sales/commercial success. 

6 minutes ago, YannBouch said:

She did promo stuff for rebel heart, but there was no promotion really from anyone except from her side.  

I think they're coming up with the strategy right now. 

Patience people. I think it's gonna be worth it this time. Just don't leak the thing, please!

People that discount the leaks are insane. It was in every paper that it leaked. Every.paper. like mentioned before it was in the top 5 illegally downloaded albums. She doesn't need promo for HER audience as we follow her like sheep. Her or her label still feel a need to be down with the kids and it sounds like we have 2 projects this time. 

I'm annoyed yes but a less annoyed than I am excited 

9 minutes ago, YannBouch said:

She did promo stuff for rebel heart, but there was no promotion really from anyone except from her side.  

Hopefully the new PR company will help with that.

2 hours ago, Suedey said:

To be totally FRANK she really is starting to piss me off now. If the album is finished (and yes we know it is) and if the first single video is done (and yes we known it is) then there is no reason not to have some kind of announcement soon. Yes maybe they're preparing some kind of visual album / odyssey / documentary - that's all fine but we've known about this for years (!!) now because of her instagram updates so it won't be a 'surprise' release if that is what they're going for. As usual total cluelessness on her camp's part. It's either a totally 'surprise' release or it's not (i.e. it's a conventional release) and this is neither. Again, no one from my social circle even knows what she's up to ("I thought she has stopped recording? Oh she's around? Oh etc. etc.") so their strategy is bullshit and again smacks of NOT KNOWING HER AUDIENCE. 

Madonna HQ needs to WAKE THE FUCK UP.

this is how i sound like when M takes the stage 3 hours late

1 hour ago, Sloane said:

We're all such spoiled bitch brats :lol:

But it's HER fault really for consistently putting out fantastic albums for three decades. Naturally we've come to expect it like a pack of Pavlovian dogs.

I think fans are more upset because of the narrative it would be out soon. January 2018 Madonna mentioned she would be coming for us. Pics started to release of her recording the album, then in May she teased one of the songs at Met Gala. The album was to be released in 2018, then all the sudden it was pushed to 2019 with plenty of #soon #soon #soon.

After that, the fan speculation didn’t help. With regards to “well we will definitely know something in January! to “Omgsh we are getting something sooner than we think! She’s performing at midnight New Years!”

It’s been kind of all over. I definitely think we will hear something officially from her next month.

The leaks definitely hurt RH's performance. The first week is extremely important. Compare the situation: her new album is released on streaming services without leaking, her fans stream it non-stop, casual fans are checking it out. Vs. it has leaked and fans have been listening to it for weeks before the official release. It is not just the demos, the leak of the final product was also extremely hurtful. I hope that they can protect it this time.

1 minute ago, DreamTheater said:

The leaks definitely hurt RH's performance. The first week is extremely important. Compare the situation: her new album is released on streaming services without leaking, her fans stream it non-stop, casual fans are checking it out. Vs. it has leaked and fans have been listening to it for weeks before the official release. It is not just the demos, the leak of the final product was also extremely hurtful. I hope that they can protect it this time.

Spot on. Brilliant example.

I am incredibly impressed with her team keeping it under wraps. Bravo this time it looks like everything will drop on time.

Just now, fandonna said:

madonna team should promote new songs and album with tons of spotify playlists.

I think that's the point of Maluma I read somewhere he's in the top 10 most streamed artists or something.

Im hoping for a digital strategy.

1 hour ago, Suedey said:

The lacklustre sales of RH had just as much to do with LFL being a lacklustre first single (unforgivable given the atrocity that was GMAYL) and her status as a mature artist than it did with the leaks. 

Lets be honest here and not rewrite stories. 

living for love was a good single choice but not the besr song on the album but a good choice 

8 minutes ago, TearsInHeaven said:

When is the press release on a new album/single usually out? I am getting so bored and impatient at the same time. Come on now!

Usually 2 months before album release, so if album is coming out in June, we should get a press release next month with release dates for album + single, album cover, tracklist, pre-order details etc. 

I like how she takes her sweet time and doesn’t give a rat ass about anything. New album every 5 yeayrs from now on. Lol

15 minutes ago, reQuiem4adream said:

I like how she takes her sweet time and doesn’t give a rat ass about anything. New album every 5 yeayrs from now on. Lol

i don't mind the wait! it builds up the anticipation. i just want good music and decent promo.

1 hour ago, mrsmith said:

I think fans are more upset because of the narrative it would be out soon. January 2018 Madonna mentioned she would be coming for us. Pics started to release of her recording the album, then in May she teased one of the songs at Met Gala. The album was to be released in 2018, then all the sudden it was pushed to 2019 with plenty of #soon #soon #soon.

After that, the fan speculation didn’t help. With regards to “well we will definitely know something in January! to “Omgsh we are getting something sooner than we think! She’s performing at midnight New Years!”

It’s been kind of all over. I definitely think we will hear something officially from her next month.

Oh I know. Believe me, I'm annoyed we've been led around by the nose for a year now with this soon garbage.

1 hour ago, trickyricky said:

living for love was a good single choice but not the besr song on the album but a good choice 

It had a really good video imo

2 minutes ago, loowee said:

People talking about the leaks hurting RH’s performance as if the album wouldn’t have been available for illegal downloads the day it was officially released. 

And still sold 1 million WW compared to Mariah’s last album which only sold 200k WW 

5 hours ago, idro said:

She ll come when she wants and we all know it s gonna be in a few weeks , life is beautiful out of the internett and we ll have a record for the summer , so ....there s no need for dramas

Love this post. People are worrying themselves over absolutely nothing.