WHAT ABOUT: the fact that "Lucky Star" vid is lower quality on CELERY than TIC DVD

Apples388

The Celebration DVD was a wasted opportunity, why didn't they remaster all the videos? Why didn't they include the uncensored versions Erotica and JML? And where's the Director's Cut of "American Life"?

:shy:

The biggest sin was the omission of Bad Girl

Celery was the opportunity to honour the AL video. Shame.

I agree. It was the perfect opportunity for Madonna to finally put the video out the way she and Jonas envisioned it. But instead she chose to delete a lead single off her discography like it never happened. A shame

Guest Rocco Papa

I remember hearing a rumor in 2006 that the director's cut of American Life would be a bonus feature on the IGTTYAS DVD. Not sure if there was ever any truth to those plans or not. It would've been nice to have it on Celebration, especially since you can just watch it on YouTube anyway.

I remember hearing a rumor in 2006 that the director's cut of American Life would be a bonus feature on the IGTTYAS DVD. Not sure if there was ever any truth to those plans or not. It would've been nice to have it on Celebration, especially since you can just watch it on YouTube anyway.

It was on the press release!!

Just like how "JML bonus footage" was mentioned for the release of Celebration!!

Guest Rocco Papa

I don't understand the omission of TUTBMP on GHV2 and Celebration (both the CD and DVD). I mean, in addition to reaching number one on the Billboard Hot 100, it's from one of her more successful films (A League of Their Own). You would think that they'd want to highlight that, no?

I don't understand the omission of TUTBMP on GHV2 and Celebration (both the CD and DVD). I mean, in addition to reaching number one on the Billboard Hot 100, it's from one of her more successful films (A League of Their Own). You would think that they'd want to highlight that, no?

Not to mention the video is stunning and she looks hot as hell it it!!

13213.gif

Maybe she wasn't much in control. It's clear to me they didn't want to spend any money on it. To master all those videos in a Blu Ray disc would have cost quite a lot and maybe they didn't think it would have paid off in the end. But yes it's true the quality of the DVD is appalling and unacceptable in this HD generation. And the way they didn't include some of her best videos was unforgivable.

They seriously need to release a box set with all her videos in HD and when I say all I mean ALL of them including the directors cut of American Life and even Dear Jessie and Rescue Me. Yes I'm being petty!

And let's not forget all her tours in HD! But maybe all these reissues and remastered stuff is something only WB can do... Who knows.

She doesn't like it / they still want people to buy Something to Remember

I actually don't mind the DVD cuz I tell myself that it's the same level of quality people watched them in back in the day lol

Maybe she wasn't much in control. It's clear to me they didn't want to spend any money on it. To master all those videos in a Blu Ray disc would have cost quite a lot and maybe they didn't think it would have paid off in the end. But yes it's true the quality of the DVD is appalling and unacceptable in this HD generation. And the way they didn't include some of her best videos was unforgivable.

They seriously need to release a box set with all her videos in HD and when I say all I mean ALL of them including the directors cut of American Life and even Dear Jessie and Rescue Me. Yes I'm being petty!

And let's not forget all her tours in HD! But maybe all these reissues and remastered stuff is something only WB can do... Who knows.

What's that????? There's a video for rescue me!?!?!?!?!!????!!??!?!?!

^ There is a super short montage video using footage from the Who's That Girl Tour... :lol:

I can't wait for b-roll and outtake footage from THIS to leak so we can edit a proper full-length clip for "Rescue Me":

1991_ad-elephant.jpg

madrare18.jpg

tumblr_nqp26mSDJO1raznnho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mtgheuaSlj1rnfvefo1_1280.jpg