Angel

Shane

Angel is perfection. The whole album is. I used to be one of those fans who thought the album was really throwaway but now I love it. It's sooo good :inlove:

Also I didn't know where to post this but the very famous artist Richard Prince recently said in an interview that the album cover was shot in his bedroom

I'm so glad there's a thread for Angel. I think this song is perfect. Her soft voice in beginning is so beautiful.

Then she belts it out with "In disguise, I can see it in your eyes..."

The lyrics are lovely. The rhythm timing is perfect. I usually don't like constant symmetry in music, but this song is truly exceptional.

The whole song is three chords. It's genius!

Nile Rogers hit the nail on the head with his guitar too.

....clouds just disappear

The perfect 80's pop song. Bright, catchy, smooth and melodic. Angel is easily one of the best songs she's ever recorded. I agree about Nile on this song, he really brings some funkiness into it.

Guest Sinisin

I remember being obsessed over Material Girl when it came out so when I heard her voice in Angel I was a bit disturbed at how different it sounded and I hated it! It was weird...but of course I fucking love the song.

I also remember hating Live to Tell when it came out and always asking my mom to change the station when it came on. I vividly remember being obsessive over Manic Monday by the Bangles during that time. Yeah I was a typical 9 year old queen.