Borderline or Lucky Star which one came first ?

Roland Barthes

Omg, where does all this crap come from?

Holiday was the last quarter of 83. FALL. She didn't perform holiday on solid gold until January of 1984. They didn't start using Holiday solid gold as a video until years after. And never in America.

Reggie Lucas never sued madonna.

:rotfl: at her releasing LS to pay off. She was pissed and INSTRUCTED to be gracious publicly that they were still playing her first album.

Warner, LIKE ANY GOOD RECORD COMPANY THAT HAD A HOT COMMODITY, was milking everything they could. After Borderline madonna WAS HUGE.

The first batch of wannabes had been born. A year and half before virgin tour.

They released LS to have another hit single and shift more albums.

It's as simple as that. Really.

I lived through it, I was there. I was on board 110%.

What video did they use to promote Holiday in the US or did it not get promoted on MTV? In the UK, we just had ToTPs performance. There's definitely no pink video though.

But yes, as I said, the guy that manages the Wikipedia just quotes from two highly unreliable sources that have been called out

This is what it says about LS;

Lucky Star" was initially decided to be released as the third single from the album, but "Holiday" had already become a dance-hit in the United States. Hence it was released as the fourth single from the album.[3] Music executive Jeff Ayeroff, who was instrumental in green-lighting Madonna's career, recalled how Madonna initially didn't want to release "Lucky Star" as a single. He says that around that time Madonna was getting sued and needed money, so he told her "Let me release 'Lucky Star', and I guarantee that you'll sell enough records to pay that off." According to Ayeroff, he was right because "'Lucky Star' broke the first album wide open."[6][7]

So was there a lawsuit? Was there any contract stuff going on?

Madonna's lawsuits would make a good thread!

There's a brilliant ABBA book called the Complete Recording Sessions that's just amazing and so detailed.

I'd love to see something for Madonna like this - complete recording sessions, video dates, club dates! Flyers keep appearing. It would be great to get dates and pictures of all her club appearance and can you imagine a photoshoot timeline?

Guest Pud Whacker

What video did they use to promote Holiday in the US or did it not get promoted on MTV? In the UK, we just had ToTPs performance. There's definitely no pink video though.

But yes, as I said, the guy that manages the Wikipedia just quotes from two highly unreliable sources that have been called out

This is what it says about LS;

Lucky Star" was initially decided to be released as the third single from the album, but "Holiday" had already become a dance-hit in the United States. Hence it was released as the fourth single from the album.[3] Music executive Jeff Ayeroff, who was instrumental in green-lighting Madonna's career, recalled how Madonna initially didn't want to release "Lucky Star" as a single. He says that around that time Madonna was getting sued and needed money, so he told her "Let me release 'Lucky Star', and I guarantee that you'll sell enough records to pay that off." According to Ayeroff, he was right because "'Lucky Star' broke the first album wide open."[6][7]

So was there a lawsuit? Was there any contract stuff going on?

Madonna's lawsuits would make a good thread!

:lol:

Yes make one!

Guest Pud Whacker

There's a brilliant ABBA book called the Complete Recording Sessions that's just amazing and so detailed.

I'd love to see something for Madonna like this - complete recording sessions, video dates, club dates! Flyers keep appearing. It would be great to get dates and pictures of all her club appearance and can you imagine a photoshoot timeline?

Yes!

You're ALL on my list. Webogirl and Jan I would love to see pics of you girls dressed up like M back in the day. Seriously though, imagine a Madonna book written by a collective of fans.

I would read it cover to cover in a few hours.

I want to show them to you guys. You'd have a huge laugh. I need to find them!