Encyclopedia Madonnica 20

From boyculture.com http://www.boyculture.com/boy_culture/2015/07/madonna-encyclopedia-madonnica-matthew-rettenmund-book.html

Seb_Ew_T7_DHQ.jpg

The final countdown is on for the publication of the long-awaited, unauthorized mega-book:

ENCYCLOPEDIA MADONNICA 20

by Matthew Rettenmund

Madonna from A to Z, from birth to “Bitch I'm Madonna.” Every aspect of Madonna's life and career is covered with respect, love, humor ... and the occasional spanky. At times, you will feel like this book contains more info on Madonna than the Internet does, and there are definitely things in here that Madonna has forgotten about herself!

The book includes never-before-seen photos, images of rare collectibles, classic portraits and red-carpet poses, original interviews with people who've worked with Madonna + over 80 one-word Madonna descriptions contributed by stars such as Carol Burnett, Liza Minnelli, Andy Cohen, Olivia Newton-John and many more!

As much of a visual treat as it is, the book is chiefly a serious (and seriously funny) assessment of all things Madonna. As such, it contains over 420,000 words on the woman who kindly requests that you not hang your shit on her, thanks.

Full-color, approximately 600 pages, quality paperback.

Limited Edition: 500 copies only. 86 copies are left for sale as of today. Unique cover + unique 16-page photo feature + signed/numbered bookplate. Buy now until they're gone. Books will be shipped once printed, hopefully in the month of August*, with book plates to follow, just as Madonna is blowing out 57 candles and preparing to blow us away with her Rebel Heart Tour.

UPDATED INFO FOR TRANSPARENCY: After examining my Kickstarter, I have verified 289 copies of the Limited Edition sold. 100 more were sold last night. I am reserving 25 for myself and for contributors to whom I am contractually bound to supply a copy/reviewers/Madonna's team. I purchased 1 myself to test my Paypal button, so that 1 goes back into the pool. That leaves 87 as of Monday, July 20, 2015. Good luck! This is the last time the Limited Edition version will be sold until someone puts theirs on eBay.

Regular Edition: Goes on sale at Amazon very soon—hopefully in August.

BUY NOW VIA PAYPAL. Be sure you use the drop-down to select US/Canada if you're in the US or Canada, and Non-US/Canada if you are not. All prices and sales are final. THANK YOU!

US/Can vs. Non-US/Can Buyers EM20 Ships to US/Can $60.00 USD EM20 Ships Non-US/Can $75.00 USD pixel.gif

####################

*PURCHASING THIS BOOK NOW IS NOT A GUARANTEE THAT IT WILL SHIP AND/OR BE RECEIVED IN THE MONTH OF AUGUST. SHIPPING IS SUBJECT TO FLUCTUATIONS IN THE FINAL EDITING AND PRINTING PROCESS.

- See more at: http://www.boyculture.com/boy_culture/2015/07/madonna-encyclopedia-madonnica-matthew-rettenmund-book.html#sthash.ADhiz1Vz.dpuf

That last one was like the BIBLE for me, I memorized most of it.. I love reference books that you can just dip into any part when you like. I still don't have it (too many damn books on him) but I believe the format for this was copied by Mozipedia.

I wonder how he'll adapt now to the internet and Wikipedia... though the "good articles" there are in hock to things like that disgusting Complete Guide to the Music of Madonna. :thumbsdown:

OMG I NEED this!!!! I learned 90% of what I know about M because of the first edition. So, am I understanding this correctly?? Is it already sold out??

I believe that is just the special limited edition that is signed and has a different cover and special photo spread. The regular edition will go on sale from amazon in August.

It's a much better cover than the original which used a fug contemporaneous pic of her.

Yes! The original was basically a pap pic if I recall. This one looks iconic!

Funnily enough, I recently saw used copy of the original for sale at the (only) music store in my area. I'm going to have to read it again before the new one comes out.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Sorry for the long delay since my previous update.

I've been busy with the book!

As of right now, the entire book is designed and is being tweaked for content and appearance.

It is looking beautiful, thanks to my wonderful contributors and to my fabulous designer, Anthony Coombs.

The limited edition is all sold out (all of you who donated enough to receive a book will be receiving that one)—all 500 copies.

If all goes well this hectic, crazy month, I will be submitting the finished file to my printer within a couple of weeks, there will be a review process so we can make sure it will print correctly and then I will begin dispatching POD books to each of you who are owed one.

Around the same time, the cover of the standard edition of the book will be revealed, and that edition will become available on Amazon.

This has been a real PROCESS for me. I am doing my best to deliver a book that is fair, fun, accurate and easy on the eyes, with some never-before-seen imagery.

I will probably check in one last time to let you know when it's a done deal. If I pub in August, that's only about four months later than originally planned ... and it's you-know-who's birthday month!

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND PATIENCE.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/406738078/encyclopedia-madonnica-20th-anniversary-edition/posts/1311824