Absolute Virgin Tour Appreciation: The Queen of Life!!!

Guest Pud Whacker

Guest Pud Whacker

Adore

And of course noted Little Girl Gazing Up Adoringly At The Queen

0A44505B-00C0-40D8-9F24-4B0596EEB295_zps

The COMPLETE adoration. :thumbsup:

I a, still obsessed with this tour and the subtle tweaks to her look in every show

She's just amazing.

I was round my cousins the other day and his daughter was singing material girl and he just went "come down of that stage this instant"

He remembered it from us being kids playing it to death

BUT DADDY IM HAVING A GOOD TIME

So true. I can still watch this time and time again and love it. Madonna is such a charismatic performer and she is so sweet, happy, flirty and excited throughout the concert. I also loved it when singing Holiday, when she told the crowd to "get up out of their seats" and then also said " that includes you Grandma" or something similar. Her family all would have been there as in Detroit. Plus the way she looks at people in the crowd and smiles at them.

Thanks for all the photos as well Pud. Love them all.

Madonna_and_her_grandmother_Elsie_Fortin

:inlove:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pud Whacker

TONIGHT 30 years ago - the VT hit NEW YORK!

Here's a CBS News report I had about the show from June 6th 1985 - first time I've put it online.

ABSOLUTELY MARVELOUS!!!

JAMESY ALWAYS DELIVERING THE GOODS!!!

tumblr_npjfdy0GS61qlycwjo1_500.gif

Guest Pud Whacker

Here's another one - this from New York's Channel 7 Eyewitness News!

First time online!

i love shes selling Old Fashioned Sex!!!

oh, how you all missed it, im so sorry. :rotfl:

it was marvelous!

This was linked at the end of the video above. Interesting post tour interview with, I assume Molly Meldrum. Interesting she refers to the high point in the middle of the show as 'Gambler'!

Guest Pud Whacker

This was linked at the end of the video above. Interesting post tour interview with, I assume Molly Meldrum. Interesting she refers to the high point in the middle of the show as 'Gambler'!

yes it was. i edited that together. molly was very fond of putting the songs right after she talked about them. so i cut all that shit out.

yes it was. i edited that together. molly was very fond of putting the songs right after she talked about them. so i cut all that shit out.

LOL. Didn't realise it was your youtube account, Pud! Great footage!

Nice to see her speak fondly of Into The Groove too...

Guest Pud Whacker

LOL. Didn't realise it was your youtube account, Pud! Great footage!

Nice to see her speak fondly of Into The Groove too...

yeah, me too!!! ITG is fabulous.

im obsessed with that interview. love when shes sitting int he chair, she so gorgeous!!! that was the first time we saw that hair. before SNL.

yeah, me too!!! ITG is fabulous.

im obsessed with that interview. love when shes sitting int he chair, she so gorgeous!!! that was the first time we saw that hair. before SNL.

I never saw that hair until the internet. Like the other interview with Casey Casem? She's on the swivel chair picking her nose! Love that one. I think she talks about DSS. In the UK, she disappeared between Live Aid and Live To Tell although she had four singles out in that time. We never got to see any of these interviews as no one watched MTV here as it was satellite TV only. The only time we saw her was for the filming on Shanghai Surprise and the one random picture from Goose and Tom Tom.

The internet was a revelation for all these old interviews!

Guest Pud Whacker

I never saw that hair until the internet. Like the other interview with Casey Casem? She's on the swivel chair picking her nose! Love that one. I think she talks about DSS. In the UK, she disappeared between Live Aid and Live To Tell although she had four singles out in that time. We never got to see any of these interviews as no one watched MTV here as it was satellite TV only. The only time we saw her was for the filming on Shanghai Surprise and the one random picture from Goose and Tom Tom.

Wow! Really?!! That's so interesting!

Imagine if we had the Internet back then! Although it really made me ride my skateboard and bike all over town to record stores, newsstands and libraries searching for all the madonna shyt!!!

She kept me in shape! :rotfl:

I loved the fact the Golden Girls went to The virgin Tour

"She did things on that stage I never did with my husband "

Wow! Really?!! That's so interesting!

Imagine if we had the Internet back then! Although it really made me ride my skateboard and bike all over town to record stores, newsstands and libraries searching for all the madonna shyt!!!

She kept me in shape! :rotfl:

Seriously! We only had four TV channels back then and you were lucky if you got to see a full music video. I only saw Material Girl in full when it was shown as the B-movie to DSS. I'm stunned at the amount of stuff I missed out on. I thought she got married and did nothing until Live To Tell! I didn't even know she was on tour until the summer of 85!

Here's another one - this from New York's Channel 7 Eyewitness News!

First time online!

Fantastic!!!! Thank you

You're the treasure trove guy of MN. Love all the material you've always shared on here and made available through your site. Love watching the enthusiasm those young kids had for M from the get go. They seem like cool, fresh, simple kids. No freaks. Madge has always made the people come together. Everybody. Another one of my fav TV reports from this era is from the LA DSS premiere :inlove:

TONIGHT 30 years ago - the VT hit NEW YORK!

Here's a CBS News report I had about the show from June 6th 1985 - first time I've put it online.

Thanks Jamesy. What a fantastic era. Right from the word go, men, women, boys, girls - all loved Madonna. I have never seen a star have the same impact in my lifetime. Boys loved her, girls wanted to be like her and of course the music was amazing.

So true.

I lived through all that - and even though she was the biggest star in the UK, we got virtually NOTHING on TV over here back then!

We had the tabloid newspapers and magazines like Smash Hits to go on - and with lots of things she did at the time, I never became aware until years and years later via the net!

For me, I think the lack of UK TV stuff made her 1986 "reinvention" even the more dramatic - cos we went from only seeing her as the crucifix-wearing boy-toy styled star right up until the moment she arrived in the UK in Feb 1986 to film Shanghai Surprise. She suddenly looked like a completely different person and I will never forget the day I saw photos of that in all the papers here. Live To Tell was around the corner and it was hard to believe this was the same person as the Madonna of 1985.

I had never seen ANYTHING of her new look from that Molly interview or SNL until years later.

And btw - thanks for all the nice comments about the videos I uploaded. It's a pleasure. And I have a lot more rare 1985 TV stuff never before seen online coming this year!

So true.

I lived through all that - and even though she was the biggest star in the UK, we got virtually NOTHING on TV over here back then!

We had the tabloid newspapers and magazines like Smash Hits to go on - and with lots of things she did at the time, I never became aware until years and years later via the net!

For me, I think the lack of UK TV stuff made her 1986 "reinvention" even the more dramatic - cos we went from only seeing her as the crucifix-wearing boy-toy styled star right up until the moment she arrived in the UK in Feb 1986 to film Shanghai Surprise. She suddenly looked like a completely different person and I will never forget the day I saw photos of that in all the papers here. Live To Tell was around the corner and it was hard to believe this was the same person as the Madonna of 1985.

I had never seen ANYTHING of her new look from that Molly interview or SNL until years later.

And btw - thanks for all the nice comments about the videos I uploaded. It's a pleasure. And I have a lot more rare 1985 TV stuff never before seen online coming this year!

So there's more to come? :wow::dramatic:

Grazie mille