Please Madonna SNL is waiting for you to slay.

Jumpb4uthink

The next episode (May 2nd), on Scarlet Johansson has been announced as hosting. Nothing on the musical guest as of yet.

Guest Rocco Papa

I'd love Madonna to perform on SNL. I would only like her to do a skit if I actually found it funny. I feel like SNL isn't as good as it used to be.

Doing amazing skits(?) and performances on SNL would be more smart promo, but agree show seems basic and tired for a while now.

GP appears to still watch it, which is not surprising considering how pop culture continues to steadily lose any edginess and vitality.

The next episode (May 2nd), on Scarlet Johansson has been announced as hosting. Nothing on the musical guest as of yet.

I would love to see her do a skit with Scarlett. She seems to have the same kind of spirited attitude and dry humour as Madonna. Seen her interviewed several times and always liked her plus love her as an actress. Plus she has some interesting observations about life - quite rebellious whilst just like Madonna, is still glamourous and feminine. Scarlett always reminds me a little bit of Madonna.

I like Scarlett. Cool chick. Would love for M to be on SNL with her if they are on good terms. Scarlett apparently dated Sean Penn for a short period after her divorce from Ryan Reynolds in 2011.

Yes, she did date him after her divorce for a little while. She is married now to a French journalist and has a new baby girl. Madonna tends to always support younger singers - Britney, Miley, Katy, Taylor etc - so she probably would support Scarlett as she has always wanted to be a singer as well. Hopefully she won't turn out like our beloved Goop though. :laugh:

The world can only handle one Goop de Loop at a time. :smile:

Yes, you're right that M would probably be supportive of her too. She's so nice to the young 'uns. Wondering when they'll announce the musical guest for that episode.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rocco Papa

Can't open a thread -- and not sure where else to put this -- but SNL's Cecily Strong's Madonna "joke" during last night's White House Correspondents Dinner (@ 22:02):

It's no wonder SNL is in the state it's in when this is what they consider funny. :no:

:rolleyes: