WASH ALL OVER ME

This song, though I adore it, just makes me feel so sad. Probably because it reminds me of the fact that no one lives forever. Not even M... :(

yeah, it makes me sad too. i know she realistically can't go on forever, but it makes me sad to think about it...and to think of how (relatively) soon that might be.

either way it's a stunning song, though. i cried a little when i heard it for the first time yesterday.

Does anyone know what this song is about? I haven't figured it out yet. I think Jim Farber says it's about her accepting the end which makes me really sad.

Or it could be the end of her pop relevance. Or it could be apocalyptic, similar to Ghosttown. Or dying.

I think it was purposely ambiguous so it could have different meanings to different people. She has talked about intentionally doing that in the past.

Or it could be the end of her pop relevance. Or it could be apocalyptic, similar to Ghosttown. Or dying.

I think it was purposely ambiguous so it could have different meanings to different people. She has talked about intentionally doing that in the past.

This.

This song, though I adore it, just makes me feel so sad. Probably because it reminds me of the fact that no one lives forever. Not even M... :(

But I thought the song was about stop trying to be a Messiah and just let the end come. Madonna has this Messianic complexity where she's constantly trying to save the world. But at some point she has to ask herself: "who am I to decide what should be done?" I can just imagine her venting to a Kabbalah teacher on how the world is so unjust and how she is torn because she feels like she has to do something. And the teacher just saying: "who are YOU to decide what should be done?"

This made her think it through. It doesn't mean she's now giving up and wont go through with the "revolution". But it just something to reflect upon. In the end, it wont be Madonna's decision. Everything will happen as it was meant to be. All she can do is let it wash all over her.

The part where she say: "from the tower of Babylon", she's definitely referring to Kabbalah, as it was originated among Jews during their stay in ancient Babylon.

But I thought the song was about stop trying to be a Messiah and just let the end come. Madonna has this Messianic complexity where she's constantly trying to save the world. But at some point she has to ask herself: "who am I to decide what should be done?" I can just imagine her venting to a Kabbalah teacher on how the world is so unjust and how she is torn because she feels like she has to do something. And the teacher just saying: "who are YOU to decide what should be done?"

Good point!

i love the lyrics but i have to admit that the demo-version we all heart first was much better. it's a pitty they changed it that way :(

Earlier demos are closer to this. It started as a ballad, then tried an uptempo version and looks like it didn't work for her, so she went back to the original bare bones version and polished it.

when she says, "turn a blind eye..." what is going on with the sound?

To me, it sounds like thunder or a train rumbling over a rickety old bridge. :lol:

...but that doesn't mean I don't like it, I think WAOM is a fabulous track. The whole album is brilliant from start to finish.

Guest Pud Whacker

Hmm... I like both versions, but personally I think the Avicii demo version is a missed oppurtinity and could've easily been Hung Up 2.0

i agree!!! i loved both this and the rebel heart!

Guest Pud Whacker

To me, it sounds like thunder or a train rumbling over a rickety old bridge. :lol:

...but that doesn't mean I don't like it, I think WAOM is a fabulous track. The whole album is brilliant from start to finish.

:rotfl: it sounds to me like sheet metal moving!!!

love it all, too. xo

i agree!!! i loved both this and the rebel heart!

Mee too! Sadly the demos were in my Top 5 RH tracks but not the final versions. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Guest Pud Whacker

Mee too! Sadly the demos were in my Top 5 RH tracks but not the final versions. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Yeah but at least we have the originals!!! I love the final Rebel Heart. 🙌

Yeah but at least we have the originals!!! I love the final Rebel Heart. 🙌

We have uplifting and somber RH and WAOM! Lucky us!

Whoaaaaaaaaa I just received my super deluxe version and WAOM is completely different to what I was led to believe was the final version!! I like it but it really took me by surprise hahaaa

To me, WAOM Is on the same level as Live To Tell as one of her best ballads ever.

I totally agree. It's so sad, but so beautiful. I absolutely love it.

I totally agree. It's so sad, but so beautiful. I absolutely love it.

The melody just flows along so effortlessly, and the first two lines of the chorus hit you like a ton of bricks. It's so emotional. An exquisite piece of music.