Would you ever want to meet Madonna?

Bill

Let's say there was a contest to meet Madonna in person. Would you enter? That might seem like a dumb question, but I honestly don't know if I would do it. I have a fantasy about what she'd be like to meet, how she'd treat me, etc etc. Meeting her could change everything and I may never feel the same about her again. I'd also be afraid that I would be way too nervous and either not be able to speak or just cry and cry and I know she'd probably hate that. I also feel like I could never have anything interesting enough to say to someone who has met everyone and done it all. What could I possibly add?

Taking it one step further, let's say this meeting was a mini interview and you were allowed to ask her 5 questions. What would you ask her?

Lol I think she just cant tolerate idiocy from reporters, I doubt she would ever be rude to her fans. We are after all the ones that keep her going and relevant for over 30 years now. If I were to ever given the opportunity to meet Madonna I would definitely prep myself for a good week to be as calm and collected as possible lol.

Guest Rocco Papa

I would love to meet Madonna. Sure, it's always a risk to meet your idols in person. However, if I let an opportunity like that pass me by, I'd regret it for the rest of my life. The risk is always worth it. I'd definitely be nervous, but I wouldn't lose it. I've never been the type to cry or faint. I'd keep it cool.

I don't think I would want to ask her any questions. I'd just like to tell her I enjoy her work and I'm a big fan. I'd thank her for inspiring me and giving me confidence, even though I'm sure she hears that all the time. An autograph and a picture with her would be nice too.

Guest Madomination

I certainly do not mind seeing her in person, but I rather not know her intimately....

Lol I think she just cant tolerate idiocy from reporters, I doubt she would ever be rude to her fans. We are after all the ones that keep her going and relevant for over 30 years now. If I were to ever given the opportunity to meet Madonna I would definitely prep myself for a good week to be as calm and collected as possible lol.

There have been stories of her being rude to her fans...around the 1980s and when she was with Sean Penn.

Edited by Madomination

Guest bluejean

Definitely not. Every time Madonna has met someone in this manner she has looked them up and down like they are some freak. I'd rather just see her live from the front row of a concert.

No, quite frankly. Imagine if it doesn't go well and then you'd have to think about that every time you listen to her music. It's too big of a risk. I don't need my own experiences distorting the image of her in my mind. I'd love to touch her hand at a concert or something but that's as far as I'll go.

I would love to meet Madonna. Sure, it's always a risk to meet your idols in person. However, if I let an opportunity like that pass me by, I'd regret it for the rest of my life. The risk is always worth it. I'd definitely be nervous, but I wouldn't lose it. I've never been the type to cry or faint. I'd keep it cool.

I don't think I would want to ask her any questions. I'd just like to tell her I enjoy her work and I'm a big fan. I'd thank her for inspiring me and giving me confidence, even though I'm sure she hears that all the time. An autograph and a picture with her would be nice too.

Pretty much how I feel

Let's say there was a contest to meet Madonna in person. Would you enter? That might seem like a dumb question, but I honestly don't know if I would do it. I have a fantasy about what she'd be like to meet, how she'd treat me, etc etc. Meeting her could change everything and I may never feel the same about her again. I'd also be afraid that I would be way too nervous and either not be able to speak or just cry and cry and I know she'd probably hate that. I also feel like I could never have anything interesting enough to say to someone who has met everyone and done it all. What could I possibly add?

Taking it one step further, let's say this meeting was a mini interview and you were allowed to ask her 5 questions. What would you ask her?

I've always felt this exact same way whenever I've thought about the possibility.

But on the other hand, I know I'd kick myself for eternity if I passed it up too.

So I feel like the best way would be for it to happen out of nowhere, a literal bumping-into. If I knew in advance I was meeting her and had days / weeks to think about it, I'd turn myself into a freak of anxiety lol.

I had a friend years ago who had the chance to meet Bowie, her idol, and she couldn't do it. She was afraid it would shatter her image of him, just like your hypothetical with Madonna above.

I would have to meet her if given a chance, at least to say 'thank you' for the all the inspiration she's given me for years. Even if she slapped my face and called me a cunt, I could at least say I met her. I think I would regret not doing so even if it was awful.

On second thought, being slapped and called a cunt by Madonna would be pretty sweet, too.

I dunno what I would ask her though.

I think everyone fantasizes about what we would do if we meet her. It's a nervewracking thought and if you expect me to find only 5 questions to ask her, I probably won't be able to get my shit together :lol:

But in the end I would only like to thank her. Just look at those gorgeous blue eyes and say thank you. That would be enough for me... And maybe ask her to be the godmother of my child :chuckle:

When you reach the level of fame and iconic status of a Madonna or Bowie, having fans freak out and have such extreme reactions when meeting them,must be unnerving. If I met her I'd pick her brains about art and movies. I wonder which person inspires the same reaction in her,that she gets from her fans.

Definitely not. Every time Madonna has met someone in this manner she has looked them up and down like they are some freak. I'd rather just see her live from the front row of a concert.

:dead:

I have to agree. I feel like it's so awkward to meet celebrities in these situations because it's so contrived. I wouldn't know what to say that wouldn't come off as embarrassingly awkward. If we were to meet in a more casual setting or in a manner in which she might view you as an equal than a fan, it would be a different story. Same with going to school with famous people, etc.

I've made eye contact with M in concert, that's enough for me (Lucky Star in Confessions).

Guest Rocco Papa

That's not necessarily true. MTV had a show called Fanatic a while ago, where super fans won a contest to meet and interview their idol. It was pretty much the same concept as this thread. I'd say Madonna was pretty nice to this girl:

I don't think I could pass up the opportunity.

If I was able to interview her though I would like to ask her questions that she might consider intelligent. Not just celebrity gossip fodder (what do you do to stay in shape etc)

I would love to talk to her about film and literature and what sounds are inspiring her the most right now. I'd also like to ask her more in depth about her different experiences recording albums.

That's not necessarily true. MTV had a show called Fanatic a while ago, where super fans won a contest to meet and interview their idol. It was pretty much the same concept as this thread. I'd say Madonna was pretty nice to this girl:

Aww she's so sweet here! But to be fair that girl did a really good job of keeping her sh*t together. I would not be that poised/articulate. So my answer is still no lol

hm i think it would depend on her mood, lol and also how the situation is. only if it's natural and not forced.

i'd never wanna meet her as a fan, meet and greet, because its so uncomfortable and awkward.

i don't think she's as intimidating as people say she is though.

I meet her once at her kids book signing. She was lovely. It was only a few seconds, I can hardly remember it!!!

But I don't think I'd like to properly meet her or spend any real time with her as 'Madonna' means too much to me and hate for the real Madonna to be a disappointment. I get the impression she's a pretty complicated character.

Not really. Not even interested. I know I like an image, an icon. I like Madonna, the one I see on videos and at concerts, the artist. I´d rather don´t burst my bubble and keep her in the conceptual realm, so to speak. I´m sure she´s a nice person (and a bitch too, aren´t we all?), but I am not interested in Madonna the human being, but Madonna the pop star (... that sounds rude, but it makes sense, right?).

Guest Hunterlas

Sha has spoken to me from stage but that doesnt count.

YES id kill to meet her ...i woudnt forget for a second however that there is a 95% percent chance shell be a total bitch to me. LMAO. Still, ill take it!

I would love to meet her. Would love to write an unconventional authorized book about her focusing on her music and words . It would be a labor of love for me and a chance to create a unique way of looking at her work and life. It would mean several long conversations with her at least and I would love to know what it would be like to talk to her.

I think I would be more excited than nervous and even if I just won a contest and it was a simple meeting I would write down what I wanted to say and read it to her because I wouldn't want to forget everything I want to say to her. She can only react to me the way anyone would react to someone they have never met. I would have the advantage because I know of her pretty well and she would know nothing about me other than I am a fan.