Madonna and U2 manager Guy oseary unveils LN Maverick project

XXL

But she has said millions of times that she's not a material girl, she even said tha in the Virgin Tour, and made fun of the song in the WTG tour and BA tour!!!!!!

She should give away all the money she gets from those things to some fan. For example, to me.

She's not in it for the money anymore I believe (she has plenty), but if she is to keep having the amazing career she still has, she has to pay the piper.

Interesting thoughts. Just a question about your first point XXL. Freddy founded Maverick with Madonna but wasn't it after Guy became involved that the business started to do well? And at what point did Freddy leave?

Wasn't Guy the one who brought in the more successful artists like Alanis, Prodigy etc and prior to that it was viewed more as a Madonna vanity project?

Maverick was never a Madonna vanity project nor was it at any point viewed as such. She received $60m from WB to start it back in 1992 and in 15 years time she gave them a profit return of about $900m out of Alanis' album sales alone. It was one of the biggest record companies of the 90s and part of the 2000s when suddenly, for obvious reasons, ALL record companies started to pile up a huge amount of debt

I never suggested that Madonna does it all, I was merely saying that it's ridiculous to believe or state that Madonna is subscribing to everything Guy says without even checking first. And yes Madonna did give Guy a chance, for anagraphical reasons alone, he was only 16 when she started to be in talks with Warner about the creation of her own label within the giant's supervision

Which doesn't mean I'm saying he's not talented on his own and would not have equally succeeded through other channels but I'm really surprised when sometimes some of her fans fail to grasp that Madonna has always been about maximising her profits even in times of great creative results, both in terms of critical reception and love from her fandom. This is nothing new and it didn't start with the MDNA era or her HC Gyms franchise.

Maverick was never a Madonna vanity project nor was it at any point viewed as such. She received $60m from WB to start it back in 1992 and in 15 years time she gave them a profit return of about $900m out of Alanis' album sales alone. It was one of the biggest record companies of the 90s and part of the 2000s when suddenly, for obvious reasons, ALL record companies started to pile up a huge amount of debt

I never suggested that Madonna does it all, I was merely saying that it's ridiculous to believe or state that Madonna is subscribing to everything Guy says without even checking first. And yes Madonna did give Guy a chance, for anagraphical reasons alone, he was only 16 when she started to be in talks with Warner about the creation of her own label within the giant's supervision

Which doesn't mean I'm saying he's not talented on his own and would not have equally succeeded through other channels but I'm really surprised when sometimes some of her fans fail to grasp that Madonna has always been about maximising her profits even in times of great creative results, both in terms of critical reception and love from her fandom. This is nothing new and it didn't start with the MDNA era or her HC Gyms franchise.

Wow. Madonna has always been a hardcore business mind along with the creative goods. It's amazing how much of the fanbase won't give her that credit...and on the flip-side, how much of the media/public will only give her credit for the business side, and not the creative/talent side...

So excited to see how all this will influence the new Madonna era :wow:

I am too, but also a bit scared, because this Gee guy works in Hip Hop (Lil Wayne, Minaj). So do we get more rent-a-rappers in M's records? Hope not.