Madonna & Camille Barbone

XXL

What nonesense.

She's said numerous times about writing her memoirs. Whether asked about it or not makes no difference. One exact quote at the mention of various books written about her was "I'll write the real book! When I'm 80! And I WILL live that long."

If she had no interest in doing it at all she'd probably say that. And she DID publish those Evita diary entries which demonstrates the type of thing it would probably be imo.

And this seemed like a pretty clear taste of a future autobiography

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/news/madonna-interview-1113

Nobody is saying that Madonna isn't great at writing and doesn't love doing it. She's done it quite a few times in fact. The foreword to the late David Collins' book being another recent example of that. However, writing an autobiography is very different from writing a diary entry recollecting a working experience and she said it herself that she'd consider doing it but only in the last stage of her life.

Guest bluejean

Nobody is saying that Madonna isn't great at writing and doesn't love doing it. She's done it quite a few times in fact. The foreword to the late David Collins' book being another recent example of that. However, writing an autobiography is very different from writing a diary entry recollecting a working experience and she said it herself that she'd consider doing it but only in the last stage of her life.

That's right. So I don't know why you're convinced she won't do it? If she's open to it what makes you think it won't happen? She would no doubt have had many offers from publishers over the years so she's no doubt thought about it but doesn't feel now is the time.

Tbh I feel this is more likely than a Re-invention Tour DVD :lol:

She never talked about it. She got asked about it, different thing. And by the answers she gave you could tell she was not particularly interested in the notion but didn't rule out doing it either. Not NOW anyway and I can see why.

Autobiographies of legends usually come at the end of their lives (see Katharine Hepburn). Madonna is the highest-earning celebrity in the world right now, 30 years on, an autobiography at this stage of her career would seem rather untimely

She has mentioned it more than once. And she did say she had an interest in doing it.

She has mentioned it more than once. And she did say she had an interest in doing it.

Solicited by journalists questions. She didn't come out one day and said "OK folks, I will now write my autobiography". She said "yes why not, just not now", which is very different from declaring an intention to do something and then carrying it out shortly after. This is not me saying she doesn't want to do it and that in the end she actually won't do it. At all and I'd be very curious to read something like that

I am simply saying that she not so implicitly stated that an autobiography is something she'd reserve for the last part of her life, i.e. when she's 90 or something.

That's right.

So I don't know why you're convinced she won't do it?

:semifunny:

I never said that. I said "she's not interested in doing it NOW" :thumbsup: Especially considering that the first cycle of the Live Nation deal she scored at 49 hasn't run its course yet. She has a full 3 years of creativity and big revenue ahead of her before she even turns 60. That's what I meant by "untimely". I really doubt she has that on her mind as she navigates through the remaining part of what turned out to be a hugely successful partnership

It wouldn't make sense for something like that to come out NOW looking at it from a publishing perspective alone.

Guest bluejean

:semifunny:

I never said that. I said "she's not interested in doing it NOW" :thumbsup: Especially considering that the first cycle of the Live Nation deal she scored at 49 hasn't run its course yet. She has a full 3 years of creativity and big revenue ahead of her before she even turns 60. That's what I meant by "untimely". I really doubt she has that on her mind as she navigates through the remaining part of what turned out to be a hugely successful partnership

It wouldn't make sense for something like that to come out NOW looking at it from a publishing perspective alone.

I thought you were agreeing with karby that it probably won't happen at all. Of course she ain't doing it now.

BUT she HAS referred to it without being asked about it. It's definitely something she wants to do. When she's too old to do anything else I'm guessing :lol: