WHAT ABOUT: the time she forgot to wash her hair for a children's book interview

Apples388

More importantly, what the fuck is she wearing? Love the AL era itself, but I'm so happy she abandoned that dire housewife look along with these children book projects.

Can we please delete this thread and pretend this whole awful era never existed? I don't blame Madonna, it happens to all of us.

#unapologeticbitch #andi'mnotsorry #it'shumannature #you'retheonewiththeroblem #whydon'tyoujustdealwithit

(Love you babe x)

More importantly, what the fuck is she wearing? Love the AL era itself, but I'm so happy she abandoned that dire housewife look along with these children book projects.

I can totally picture Madonna at a round table with a bunch of people brainstorming ideas on how to countervail the disastrous effects of AL and Madonna just blurting out "I got it! I'll just wear Gap, write a bunch of children's books, dress like a housewife and go on Oprah!" :lmao:

Can we please delete this thread and pretend this whole awful era never existed? I don't blame Madonna, it happens to all of us.

+1 the ONLY TIME I was a closet Madonna fan. HAHAHA

#unapologeticbitch #andi'mnotsorry #it'shumannature #you'retheonewiththeroblem #whydon'tyoujustdealwithit

(Love you babe x)

Can we add #itfeels...reductive to that list? Thanks, love :inlove:

Now one thing I'm wondering tho, why did she go out at the Grammy's that year looking like a total QoL and then changed back to THAT look? :manson:

You'd think she did this interview sometime in late '03 when she was in full Esther force, but no, it was actually only after RIT ended! That's some weird shit right there.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

yeah, that wasn't the best period/look.

It's good she came back full force with the crotch-tastic HP video. There she was again :laugh:

I can totally picture Madonna at a round table with a bunch of people brainstorming ideas on how to countervail the disastrous effects of AL and Madonna just blurting out "I got it! I'll just wear Gap, write a bunch of children's books, dress like a housewife and go on Oprah!" :lmao:

:lmao:

Ah, 2003, what an identity crisis year it was.....as a fan, I just remember feeling, excited, followed by, confusion and semi-embarassment..... I mean come on, the year started with this:

americanlife1.jpg

And ended with this:

ter_london_ns6.jpg

And this:

matm_capture44.jpg

And sweet Mother of God, THIS:

gap_capture25.jpg

Don't care about how M looked & the other projects M was involved with during the AL era. She reinvented herself so quickly in those days that if felt very brief.

I must admit I had more of a negative reaction to M collaboration with Miley, Katy, & the SP film because I'm expecting much more from her at this point in her career.

I keep forgetting this era existed until people bring it up. Stop that!

As for the Miley thing, everything about her is staged as heck and it really wasn't that hard for her to hook up with Madonna considering who her dad is. Dolly is her godmother for crying out loud. I liked Miley until she surrounded herself with Yes men who wanted to turn her into Poochie.

Not just this

americanlife1.jpg

but this

w0317.jpg

this

2002%20-%20Vanity%20Fair%20Outtake%20%5B

and this

madonna-pop-magazine-ss2002-shot-by-mert

All the imagery leading up to the album was staggering, up to and including the Die Another Day and AL videos, and the cover shoot. I can't imagine the magnificence of the era had it been better received.

I like to think it would have been more along the lines of this

than this

^ Great post! That's what I keep thinking. I thought AL era was great for all those above reasons. I just remember the good stuff usually. Yeah, the Gap commercial was bad though. MATM, awful. But DAD photoshoot, Reinvention Bedtime Stories video and Beast Within!, M's brunette look and photoshoot for AL, THE REMIXES. So much good stuff it was easy to overlook the boring children book stuff.

Not just this

but this

w0317.jpg

this

2002%20-%20Vanity%20Fair%20Outtake%20%5B

and this

madonna-pop-magazine-ss2002-shot-by-mert

All the imagery leading up to the album was staggering, up to and including the Die Another Day and AL videos, and the cover shoot. I can't imagine the magnificence of the era had it been better received.

I like to think it would have been more along the lines of this

than this

the GAP advert is the most cringeworthy ever even more than me against the music

those yoga moves

i love this and what she says about owning her shyt.

the problem isnt that she didnt wash her hair, she just did - it just wasnt curled up glamorously.

Babe, her hair is greasy.