Best Madonna interview EVER

Plaything

starts at 3:35

I've never seen this before. Them sitting in this circle VERY close together, the camera man zooming in on her tits all the time, the very first questions (your sizes) and that song playing at the very end with Madonna just smiling...is killing me

:dead:

Zdarlight, it is a classic for all the reasons you mentioned. That camera man was obviously obsessed with her boobs. :lmao: I love all of those 80's interviews when she was turning into a superstar. She was so beautiful here. The Japanese girls were so sweet as well.

She looked amazing and the interview wasn't that bad but omggggggg I want to punch that cameraman.

Seriously.

I was just a tot, so this era is something I had to look back on and not live through, but it just amazes me how Madonna on the surface did seem like just this pop chick bouncing and prancing around singing. Someone who was obviously sexy, but I can see how people in the music biz not really knowing much about her could draw the conclusion that she was just some bimbo tart who didn't have much to offer outside of this.

Cut to a mere few years later and her total transformation into the woman who would give us Live to Tell which to me is one of the greatest ballads ever made, followed by True Blue which gave us a totally new adult style and sound.

I don't know. I have always been fascinated between the drastic change (or re-invention) from Like a Virgin to True Blue, and how she was able to pull it off so effortlessly and only become a bigger global superstar in doing so.

I was just a tot, so this era is something I had to look back on and not live through, but it just amazes me how Madonna on the surface did seem like just this pop chick bouncing and prancing around singing. Someone who was obviously sexy, but I can see how people in the music biz not really knowing much about her could draw the conclusion that she was just some bimbo tart who didn't have much to offer outside of this.

Cut to a mere few years later and her total transformation into the woman who would give us Live to Tell which to me is one of the greatest ballads ever made, followed by True Blue which gave us a totally new adult style and sound.

I don't know. I have always been fascinated between the drastic change (or re-invention) from Like a Virgin to True Blue, and how she was able to pull it off so effortlessly and only become a bigger global superstar in doing so.

I think she said once that she "dumbed down" in the beginning while her focus was on becoming famous.

M looks amazing here & she is such a sex symbol!

I'm also somewhat surprised Pretender is being played in the background.

Me too but i'm glad it is, it's a great song.

I never saw that interview before, thanks for it!

It was the period of the first six months of 1985 when she went from 'Disco Dolly' to global superstar. LAV could have been a one-off but the Material Girl video was just so beautiful, appropriate and striking that people started to sit up. Then came Crazy For You which proved she could do great slow songs and then finally Into The Groove which is a perfect piece of pop.

Add in the launch of DSS and Live Aid and everything just fell into place at the right time. It wasn't like the record company were hyping her, it was because she kept releasing great song after great song. After Live Aid, she just disappeared but songs kept being released, she was everywhere but not actually to be seen as she got married and went off to film Shanghai Surprise.

Then Live To Tell dropped which was an incredibly brave move. It was such a radical change that everyone continued to take notice and she continued to make great pop songs.

It was the period of the first six months of 1985 when she went from 'Disco Dolly' to global superstar. LAV could have been a one-off but the Material Girl video was just so beautiful, appropriate and striking that people started to sit up. Then came Crazy For You which proved she could do great slow songs and then finally Into The Groove which is a perfect piece of pop.

Add in the launch of DSS and Live Aid and everything just fell into place at the right time. It wasn't like the record company were hyping her, it was because she kept releasing great song after great song. After Live Aid, she just disappeared but songs kept being released, she was everywhere but not actually to be seen as she got married and went off to film Shanghai Surprise.

Then Live To Tell dropped which was an incredibly brave move. It was such a radical change that everyone continued to take notice and she continued to make great pop songs.

Spot on Jonski. Madonna was the entire package - great songs, great videos plus she oozed charisma, beauty and charm. All added up to making her a superstar. She had hit after hit. I often think people tend to dismiss her impact in the 80's but it was what set her up to be the superstar she always was going to be. In my view, she was THE star of the 80's and carried it on into the future. Just incredible. The bravery and image change for Live to tell - both with music and looks - was incredible.

Into the Groove cemented it all before TB showed she wasn't going anywhere.

Good point about her disappearing with the first big image change to LTT/Shanghai ultra blonde, really helped her mystique and she had nothing left to do in 85, the Madonnamania made her sell records on its own.

Where is Pud and Scrappy?

• 3 weeks later...

lmao it's like she's can't understand them and is just smiling, nodding and saying "yes". love it