Madonna the most influential woman ever

Guest gang bang

I had a soft argument with my sister last week. She says Oprah is a far more influential figure than Madonna ever was. I agree that this may be the case in the United States. But no woman comes close to matching the worldwide impact of Madonna.

Yes Oprah is a local star, yes she's known elsewhere but Madonna is HUGE world wide. Far more talked about and photographed, of course influential !

I had a soft argument with my sister last week. She says Oprah is a far more influential figure than Madonna ever was. I agree that this may be the case in the United States. But no woman comes close to matching the worldwide impact of Madonna.

Oprah? Really?

HS_Oprah_03.gif

Of course i do agree with Madonna being on top but Britney Spears and Mariah Carey shouldn't be on the list.. I would say Whitney Houston had wider appeal than Mariah Carey.

Surely Marilyn Monroe and Marlene Dietrich should have been on that list.. Would even say Hilary Clinton or other political figures like Eva Peron or religious figures like Mother Teresa should have made it.

Guys, this list is shit... Counting incoming and outcoming wikipedia links is hardly a measure of influence. Madonna IS one of/the most influential women/woman of all time, but for much more than a simple link count.

I mean... Hitler as the most influential person? Give me a break...

This list is really ridiculous. It's great that Madonna is n°1 but some people shouldn't be there. Britney at n°7 is beyond ridiculous, mostly when they put her ABOVE Whitney. And Hitler... No comment.

This list is too stupid for words. It was a buzz to see Madonna at number 1 as she is truly influential but when I saw some of the others on the list, it soon turned into a buzz-kill. Far too many singers on that list - Mariah, Britney and Whitney are not influential at all - they just have been successful.

I love Madonna, but that list is shit and nonsense. Madonna is for sure an influential woman along side many others that do not appear on that list.

Not Brippy :rotfl: Over Queen of Life Elizabeth I. :wow:

1nQAyUg.jpg

& Hitler was extremely influential. That usually implies good people, but not in his case -- still, he was influential enough to build a regime of millions under one vision, which rebuilt Germany's economy and military strength after a huge defeat. And that which shattered Europe and threw the western world into a war that would change the balance of power for a century.

Not Brippy :rotfl: Over Queen of Life Elizabeth I. :wow:

1nQAyUg.jpg

& Hitler was extremely influential. That usually implies good people, but not in his case -- still, he was influential enough to build a regime of millions under one vision, which rebuilt Germany's economy and military strength after a huge defeat. And that which shattered Europe and threw the western world into a war that would change the balance of power for a century.

Spot on Madfan. As much as we all hate Hitler, his influence has been felt everywhere in the world - of course in the most horrible way. Hopefully people will learn from mistakes made in history such as the way he was initially allowed the freedom to commit such atrocities.

• 1 month later...

She's not the most influential woman in history obviously, that would be a bit far-fetched, but there's no denying she's the most influential woman in music. And we don't need any list to confirm this and state the obvious!