Should Paradise have been 4th single?

karbatal

I loved the singles from Music. Paradise is a fantastic song but not sure if it would have gelled as a single. Interesting that a lot of people don't seem to have a lot of love for What if feels like for a girl which is one of my favourite songs of Madonna's full stop. I would have loved Impressive Instant as a single as well because it was so different but I could also imagine non/casual fans finding it catchy and fascinating.

I agree with you about What It Feels Like For A Girl. I think it's a wonderful song and loved it from the beginning.

Good question, but I am torn on the answer. I don't think "Paradise" would've done much on its own, honestly. I think it is one of her most artistic tracks, and I do love it dearly (and the AWESOME tour video), but from a commerce stand point, it would've been purely a single for the purposes of art.

You could say the same for "Bedtime Story" though, and I will never have regrets that she made that single. It was a brave and beautiful thing to do. In fact, I couldn't give two shits about that single tanking in America. That maneuver gave me so much more respect for her - what with being 13 years into her recording career and still taking musical chances.

And sorry to Jazzy :) but yes there is way better than WIFLFAG on music. Maybe it's just a female/ transsexual song because what guy really gives a shit about feeling like a girl???

tumblr_m2l85uIdFn1qlvwnco1_400.gif

imo, Gone has a single would have made sense, Paradise not....it's a fantastic album track.....

Vande, I think your caps lock is broken :)

why people minds caps lock?? :noway:

Too bad people forgot to give a shit. :chuckle:

people forget a lot of things, but there's anything to be proud of.... :noway:

:lol:

imo, Gone has a single would have made sense, Paradise not....it's a fantastic album track.....

why people minds caps lock?? :noway:

people forget a lot of things, but there's anything to be proud of.... :noway:

:lol:

Not sure of the caps lock Italian translation, but generally in English speaking countries, when something is caps locked it means you are " screaming" that sentence at someone, coming across as aggressive.

Mpowered, I like your taste, Gone is another fan overrate. If anything I Deserve It, deserves more respect!!!

Guest Pud Whacker

Paradise should have been the single for mirwais Production. Would have been a great segue into music which was released later.

Paradise should have been the single for mirwais Production. Would have been a great segue into music which was released later.

True, forgot it was on his album first.

Ikr? I Deserve It, imo is more single-worthy than Goneis. I had absolutely no idea that Gone was such a beloved track. It's a great song, for sure but it's clearly an album track that was never meant for a single release.

I'm also quite shocked at how much hate Amazing gets. I mean, yeah...it's quite similar to BS, but it's catchier imo and I think the video for it would've been really cool.

I think both, II and Amazing deserved a single release. They were both strong single contenders and I'm really pissed we ended up with neither of them being released as a single.

Not sure of the caps lock Italian translation, but generally in English speaking countries, when something is caps locked it means you are " screaming" that sentence at someone, coming across as aggressive.

Mpowered, I like your taste, Gone is another fan overrate. If anything I Deserve It, deserves more respect!!!

IT'S THE SAME ALL OVER THE WORLD...BUT HONESTLY I DON'T CARE WHILE I'M WRITING IF IT'S CAPS LOCKED OR NOT....

Ikr? I Deserve It, imo is more single-worthy than Goneis. I had absolutely no idea that Gone was such a beloved track. It's a great song, for sure but it's clearly an album track that was never meant for a single release.

I'm also quite shocked at how much hate Amazing gets. I mean, yeah...it's quite similar to BS, but it's catchier imo and I think the video for it would've been really cool.

I think both, II and Amazing deserved a single release. They were both strong single contenders and I'm really pissed we ended up with neither of them being released as a single.

I love I Deserve It and Gone but I think Gone has an edge as a single. I don't understand the dislike for Amazing either. The only thing that sounds similar to Beautiful Stranger is that it has a 60's vibe. I actually think Amazing does a better job inspired by the 60's but sounding very modern, which is okay because Beautiful Stranger's job was to capture the spirit of a movie.

I don't like Amazing much. It's true that it would have been a really big hit back then, but it would be like Causing a Commotion (so inspired in Into The Groove), a fun track and hit track, nothing else. Releasing Amazing after Music would have been as if she had recorded and released Baby Love after Express Yourself.

Amazing is so dull... Just like the MDNA singles so maybe these days for sure would've been a single. But back then she has balls, so Paradise/Gone/II could hace taken the 4th single slot.

Yes, i can understand Warner knowing the potential of Amazing, but should have given Madonna some credit and release Impressive Instant instead of starting a feud with her. I mean, look at the state of music nowadays, popstars need so heavy investment to have minor hits! And Madonna went from ROL to BS to Music and yet they try to stop her??????

I think it would have been a ballsy choice for a single as it is probably the least commercial sounding song on that album . That being said - I don't think it should have been released because then we may never have gotten the amazing video interlude for it for DWT!