M working with Diplo - Are you happy !? (Yesssss !!!!)

M working with Diplo - Are you happy !? (Yesssss !!!!)  

121 members have voted

1. 1. M working with Diplo - Are you happy !? (Yesssss !!!!)

• Yes !
    • No
    • Don't know i need to hear it

Madonna said Diplo is a slave driver.. i immediately thought Madonna was getting worked to the bone lol but Slave Driver is also a Bob Marley tune. Diplo's famous for his reggae touch in EDM tracks.. Do you guys think Madonna is somewhat Bob Marley inspired and will give us some reggae flavored music??

There should be universal anticipation across the board. Diplo is the white Pharrell of his genre. He could shape the final track listing and tone of the new album. You better get acquainted with his music and find something to love about him.

Madonna said Diplo is a slave driver.. i immediately thought Madonna was getting worked to the bone lol but Slave Driver is also a Bob Marley tune. Diplo's famous for his reggae touch in EDM tracks.. Do you guys think Madonna is somewhat Bob Marley inspired and will give us some reggae flavored music??

That would be interesting.

For years i say, and i think i am the only one in all Madonna forums, that the only music genre she didn't really explore (Freedom at a charity concert 23 years ago doesn't count) and that i'd love her to do is reggae. She has done EVERYTHING, pop, dance, rnb, jazz, funk, electro, rock but no reggae or dancehall. And for those who thinks this is the only genre that wouldn't suit her voice it's not true, there was an amazing reggae version of "Give it 2 me" on youtube :but it's been deleted and nowhere to find anymore on the net, it was absolutely amazing. There is still this "Music" remix and i really do think her voice suit reggae very well:

What Omfggggggggggg

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I've been praying for this before the new album has even been hinted at omg I can't fucking believe it! Yeeeesssss!!!!!!!

your enthusiasm is very contagious i love it !

For years i say, and i think i am the only one in all Madonna forums, that the only music genre she didn't really explore (Freedom at a charity concert 23 years ago doesn't count) and that i'd love her to do is reggae. She has done EVERYTHING, pop, dance, rnb, jazz, funk, electro, rock but no reggae or dancehall. And for those who thinks this is the only genre that wouldn't suit her voice it's not true, there was an amazing reggae version of "Give it 2 me" on youtube :but it's been deleted and nowhere to find anymore on the net, it was absolutely amazing. There is still this "Music" remix and i really do think her voice suit reggae very well:

:confused: Oh you mean the remix of Supernatural?

Her genre is pop but she has touched on other genres including reggae - Why's It So Hard. GI2M had some ska elements too.

Pressston, you have no idea how pumped I am right now! I'm pretty sure she's going kinda EDM/dubstep/hip-hop with heavy tribal/acoustic/folk influences and elements this era. I praying for something along the lines of Paper Planes, End of Time and Elastic Heart. Seriously Sia as songwriter is everything I need and we might end up with my fav Madonna album.

Pressston I love reggae!!! Omg, it would be absolutely amazing if Madonna did it!!! Her voice is perfect for reggae and she would fit in the style with her personality and opened minded, free-spirited outlook on things. I also think she would do amazing doing music in a style of bossa nova or something with all natural instruments and drums.

I'm not a huge reggae fan, at least not of the traditional Bob Marley type. I wouldn't mind some reggae influence but only if Diplo mixed it with more modern dance/electronic elements as well.

I'm very excited about this collaboration. Hopefully his talent will be properly 'used', though, and there won't be another M.I.A. scenario ...

"X-Mas Song", anyone ...? :smug::lol:

I'm not a huge reggae fan, at least not of the traditional Bob Marley type. I wouldn't mind some reggae influence but only if Diplo mixed it with more modern dance/electronic elements as well.

But Diplo isn't a reggae producer though. He has done some reggae fusion, but it's very different from traditional reggae.

But Diplo isn't a reggae producer though. He has done some reggae fusion, but it's very different from traditional reggae.

Yes, that's what I thought he was. Reggae fusion would be cool, but no traditional reggae.

Rather he hated MDNA instead of its lead single.

:chuckle:

Do we have proof of this?

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/diplo-and-the-search-for-the-perfect-beat-20120322?print=true

He's blunt when it comes to M.I.A., too. They broke up, but continued collaborating until the sessions for her last album. "She didn't really know what she was doing," he says. "She was really abusive, telling me I wasn't good enough or fast enough." Discussing M.I.A.'s middle-finger flip at the Super Bowl with Madonna, he says, "It was kind of stupid. I think her being on that Madonna song is kind of lame, and she was trying to make up for that. That song is such a flop."

Y'all can suck it.