Madonna Instagram Thread (June 2014 - part 1)

boy skeffington

Omg she's going all over the place downtown. I'm kicking myself right now.

Just got done watching the local news. Not a word about her in town. :newspaper:

I wish she'd make a stop at Menjo's - the first gay bar that her dance teacher Christopher ever took her to. It's still open and it's the first gay bar I ever went to as well.

Guest Rachelle of London

I wish she'd make a stop at Menjo's - the first gay bar that her dance teacher Christopher ever took her to. It's still open and it's the first gay bar I ever went to as well.

That would be amazing

She's probably just in Michigan to visit with her family and added in a charity visit or two. The picture of her father and her kids at the beach was likely taken at a beach somewhere on Lake Michigan. The Great Lakes have some surprisingly stunning, grand beaches.

I really love the Detroit posts today. They feel so inspiring to me, even more so than the ones from Madonna's other humanitarian works in other parts of the world. Don't know, maybe it's because these projects seem a little more within my reach, the type of thing I could maybe get involved in. I also loved reading the mostly positive feedback people have been leaving in the comments.

I knew it was too good to be true that she would have actually change her hairstyle

I swear she needs to sack Arienne Phillips and find a new stylist

If you had told me in 2000 that Madonna would basically have a variation of the same haircut for the next 15 years and it would be that boring ass looking like a Christian hairstlye ... and that she would basically stop reinventing herself... I would never have believed it

Has our resident hair expert Madryan already commented on the Detroit pics? :D

As far as I know, Andy Lecompte has done the majority of M's 'hairdressing' in recent times.

M's hair is indeed a very serious matter of the utmost importance. :old:

She gives me some diane von furstenberg vibes here!! But I love the fact that she is visiting Detroit and paying attention to her birthplace, and more and more to america in general.

Guest Rachelle of London

Poor Arianne! :lmao:

Maybe Andys hands are tied, maybe M wants to keep her hair the same. Would love to see her change it up.

Arianne is her stylist and has been for a long time.. the same amount of time that Madonna's style has been like that of a Christian...

I blame Arianne, she has to go

Nothing wrong with being a Christian hon

Has our resident hair expert Madryan already commented on the Detroit pics? :D

As far as I know, Andy Lecompte has done the majority of M's 'hairdressing' in recent times.

M's hair is indeed a very serious matter of the utmost importance. :old:

I'm baffled. She most likely has her trusty clip-ins or got a new set of bonded extensions. The photos she posted and the pap pics from te other night tell a very different story. However, even with her hair down, the length overall is still shorter than her recent recording studio and luomo vogue pics.

I'm really trying to wish Andy Lecompte success and prosperity, but it's really frustrating sometimes to see what "could have been" in another hairdresser's hands.

The concepts are there, the execution is not.

I will say he's stepped it up a bit, but it always looks like he's run out of time and had to wing it in the finish-out. And he uses too many clip-ins that he does not know how to color match. It's totally distracting to someone like me.

There,

I've said my peace.

But kudos to Madonna for going to Detroit and shining her light on the situation there and being hopeful for a recovery of her hometown!