Ray Of Light video premiere anniversary !

Pressston

Ah! I was traveling in Europe the first time I saw it. It came on the TV over the bar at some restaurant in Amsterdam and I yelled at the bartender to turn it up :lol:

Is that William on guitar in the Oprah performance? It's always exciting when the producer/musicians/songwriters from the album version play with her live it really brings something more to it.

Her vocals here are amazing

Yes this is her best performance of the song vocally! She sounds so confident and relaxed.

Also love the video-it so perfectly captures the energy of the song.

Dont get me wrong i love love the song ROL but i think the music video is a bit overrated.

And it won at the 1998 MTV awards best video of the year over Frozen and her other classics? :(

I loved the video since day number one. I remember watching Mtv latino for hours until they premiere ROL video!

Noy Vevo or youtube on thoses days yet!

Dont get me wrong i love love the song ROL but i think the music video is a bit overrated.

And it won at the 1998 MTV awards best video of the year over Frozen and her other classics? :(

I also prefer Frozen video over Rol. But I cant deny that the video fits perfectly the sonn. The fast imaginery and her dancing mixed with the sounds is great. I would have rather Frozen winning the Mtv that year.

But Rol is a classic video.

Her vocals here are amazing

Love it. The top is totally see through and she wasn't wearing a bra !

I remembered people were queuing up to get the album at 1 minute past midnight at HMV Oxford street .

One of her best videos EVER and a favorite of mine. Such a great time that was!

agreed. Its such a cool video and still looks amazing. impossible to date.

I don't think the video premiere was on April 1st. I could look in my notes to check on the date the premiere was in Germany on Viva but without checking it was around April 26th, a few days after my birthday. I don't believe it was on air for four full weeks before that in the US. And Frozen was still huge in early April.

My favorite era, one of my all time favorite Madonna video and song!

Energizing, uplifting, totally feel-good.

And that Oprah performance still gives me goosebumps, she was ACE there.

oprah-dancing-like-a-psycho-o.gif

Stunningly beautiful, breathtakingly gorgeous in the video and throughout the whole ROL era....WOW!

giphy.gif

tumblr_mfnoy2DWNK1s0x5wto1_400.gif