Madonna Hard Candy promo show at the Roseland Ballroom

MerGirl

It's funny because I feel HC is one of her least innovative & original sounding albums, but it has been one of the albums that I've played most from her. HC & M first album always helps to get me in a good mood!

You don't always have to be innovative to release a great dance record, which is what HC is/was :)

Beat Goes On would have been huge. Always plays it during warm ups and everyone (specially straight dudes) groove to it. She's misguided often...

I think it should have been a single instead of Miles Away tbh. I LOVE Miles Away but Beat Goes On would have been bigger.

You don't always have to be innovative to release a great dance record, which is what HC is/was :)

Exactly. It's something i find VERY annoying with Madonna detractors: the fact that they bash her last albums because it's not "innovative". I think it's totally unrealistic to expect a musician to be innovative ALL THE TIME.

Or also people saying she's "jumping into the dance music bandwagon". What a JOKE. I mean, who created this bandwagon in the first place? :lmao: :lmao:

Great era that carries a ridiculous flop stigma when it gave us the biggest solo tour ever and a bestselling album.

The songs remain surprisingly fresh overall.

Great era that carries a ridiculous flop stigma when it gave us the biggest solo tour ever and a bestselling album.

The songs remain surprisingly fresh overall.

Exactly. I don't understand why even some Madonna fans seem to think the Hard Candy era was a flop. It clearly wasn't.

Guest Rachelle of London

It so was. It so was. It was her chance to be wild again, and wear all the funky and outlandish clothes she wants. She let the freak back out! :wow:

I would've said that it was 2005 when that happened

Exactly. It's something i find VERY annoying with Madonna detractors: the fact that they bash her last albums because it's not "innovative". I think it's totally unrealistic to expect a musician to be innovative ALL THE TIME.

Or also people saying she's "jumping into the dance music bandwagon". What a JOKE. I mean, who created this bandwagon in the first place? :lmao: :lmao:

Your correct that an album does not have to be innovative or even groundbreaking to be appreciated & loved by fans. After I initially listen to HC a few times, I started to become addicted to most of the songs. .

For me personally, the prior four amazing albums (ROL, Music AL, Confessions) blew me away so much that getting into HC was at first challenging. I initially responded much better to MDNA even though GMAYL sounded like it was marketed toward viewers of disney.

The Roseland Ballroom is closing soon, so let's remember it by watching this ICONIC performance by the one and only TRUE queen of pop and life in general.

Dedicated to Isaac Harris

I remember the night M played Roseland for the HC promo. I really wanted to attend, but there was no way to obtain tickets. I did walk by the venue that night after my class & I heard M & Justin singing 4M from the street. It made me feel more disappointed & pissed that I was not able to attend even though I was still getting use to her new sound in HC.

Guest Xanthium

Yeah I don't understand the HC negativity either. It was such a throwback to her carefree '80s days. Her dancing during Music is so full of happiness and freedom. Bitch is so on point. YES GAWD.

I would've said that it was 2005 when that happened

You are right about thing, it began then, but hit full capacity in 2008. Especially in 09, I mean, look at the LV Christmas Tree dress

I like the different arrangement of what essentially went on to be the tour performances. The hair and outfit are great though.

It seems Miles Away was pegged to be a single from the start - I don't understand why Warner didn't let her put out Candy Shop as a promo single or a taster or whatever. 4 Minutes was going to be a hit come hell or high water.

I was wondering yesterday - were any other HC tracks ever planned to be singles? Promo or otherwise? Were there any remixes commissioned or anything at all?

You're not afraid to pour me chardonnay

Your correct that an album does not have to be innovative or even groundbreaking to be appreciated & loved by fans. After I initially listen to HC a few times, I started to become addicted to most of the songs. .

For me personally, the prior four amazing albums (ROL, Music AL, Confessions) blew me away so much that getting into HC was at first challenging. I initially responded much better to MDNA even though GMAYL sounded like it was marketed toward viewers of disney.

:rotfl: :ROTFL:

The Hard Candy era was certainly no flop

HC sold 4 million ww and was the #9 top selling album of 2008

4 Minutes sold 6 million singles ww and is her biggest selling single of her career in the US, with 3 million copies sold in the US alone

S&S Tour grossed $408 million and is currently the #5 highest grossing tour of ALL TIME