What about... alternate vocals!

Bill

Well I think it's a great thread you've started in any case! Yeah it might be an alternative vocal take, but I think often in remixes we hear individual isolated tracks that were "buried" in the original mix with double-tracked vocals and backing vocals so they sound different on their own. I think Secret is an obvious example of a double-tracked lead vocal.

Thanks, and I think you're right.

I think she resang the verses for one of the Causing a Commotion mixes, sounds different to me...also not sure if she resang Human Nature for all the Danny Tenaglia mixes, or they were just sped up.

Also: I live for the "WHOOO!" at the beginning of Vogue (Single Version)

p.s. also the "God?" at the beginning of Like a Prayer / "What are you looking at" at the beginning of Vogue (IC)

p.p.s. Possible alternate vocals towards the end of the Where's the Party mix from YCD

"Uh where's the party" 4:55

"we can make it alriiiight" 5:07

p.p.p.s (on a roll here) towards the end of the La Isla Bonita remix you can hear the full adlib "ai yi yi yi " where it's faded in the album version

Edited by brem

Does anyone else think in terms of power that You'll See is probably her best ever vocal?

I was so, so proud of her the first time I saw that video and heard her new voice.

A very close second would be Don't Cry For Me Argentina or Ray of Light.

But I hear a much more subdued "ooooh" in that verse as well. And the "you've got to just let your body go with the flow" sounds different, too. I don't know... Don't burst my bubble, people!!! It's a totally different and she says GO! :lol:

Bill you need to get your ears flushed! :rotfl:

Sorry but it's "Your body" from the "Vogue" remix and not "Go body." It's not an alternate or additional vocal, it's just a copy and paste.

Noooooooooooo!!!! :cries: My heart is broken.

Alright, look, I'll give you the possibility probability that she doesn't say "Go" there, but you can't tell me that "oooooh" isn't different!!

Alright, look, I'll give you the possibility probability that she doesn't say "Go" there, but you can't tell me that "oooooh" isn't different!!

:lmao:

I love this topic. I was working on a "Project" to make pdf books of each álbum (something like "The eighties", "The Nineties" and "The Millenium" books but for each álbum) with all the covers, single covers, singles and extra lyrics and I've been very interested in the "extra lyrics" and alternative vocals. It's good to know this kind of things. Some times, when I visit fórums I feel like some people always forgets what Madonna does it best... MUSIC. And it's good when you hear this kind of topics.

To complete my "MDNA Book" I need help with the lyrics of the "Turn up the radio" remix feat. East Movement. I know those lyrics aren't sang by Madonna but does anybody can help me, please???

Guest bluejean

I think the QUEEN of ALL alternate vocals will always be THIS (never mind the tacky remix background - just listen to THAT VOICE):

I'm Argentina.

I'm ARGENTIIII-IIIINAA

And always WILL be...

:wow:

She rerecorded the entire song for all those who were wondering. (I'm sure you know that Suedebabe but I'm just letting the public know.)

Guest bluejean

I think she resang the verses for one of the Causing a Commotion mixes, sounds different to me...also not sure if she resang Human Nature for all the Danny Tenaglia mixes, or they were just sped up.

Sped up. I actually can't think of any songs other than DCFMA where she's rerecorded vocals for a remix. Any extra vocals included in remixes was surely part of the original session.

Guest bluejean

Sorry, I just saw Mattress already covered all these points. Didn't know about CAC, will have to listen to that someday!

There's also a sample that runs throughout the "Vogue" mixes that sounds a bit like Madonna but is actually from Raw Silk's 1982 song "Do It To The Music".

http://youtu.be/Kt_y_0JUp1o

@1:15

:wow:

She rerecorded the entire song for all those who were wondering. (I'm sure you know that Suedebabe but I'm just letting the public know.)

Thanks babe. I know you've never pull a Nikki Harris on me. x

Sped up. I actually can't think of any songs other than DCFMA where she's rerecorded vocals for a remix. Any extra vocals included in remixes was surely part of the original session.

Nothing really matters in the club 69 mix at the end where she sings 'all comes back to me'. The back is higher than the original. Could be an outtake but it is different.

Guest bluejean

If so that would be from the original recording sessions. There's no way she would have gone back into the studio to record vocals for that remix.

DCFMA I think was special because it was a dance mix specifically created to promote the movie. All the other singles where the songs were sped up were not the main versions sent to radio like DCFMA was.

It should also be noted that Niki and Donna recorded their extra backing vocals for the "Buenos Aires" remix during the same sessions as "Don't Cry For Me Argentina", but Madonna's lead vocals are taken from the original recording.

The article alludes to an "Another Suitcase In Another Hall" remix as well. I wonder if there's a file containing potential Harris/DeLory backing vox locked up somewhere at WB.

I thought of a couple more (not necessarily Madonna, but things added to remixes):

On the Hanky Panky Remix there's a couple of "Whoos!" at the beginning, either by Madonna or taken from the Dick Tracy showgirl chorus, these weren't in the album version

Express Yourself: Shep's mixes have an extra "Hoo!" (not found in album version)

On the Mark's Full On Vocal mix of Love Don't Live Here Anymore sounds like Niki & Donna were recruited back to the studio to add glorious backing vocals, prominent at the start of the mix

Also I believe there's an extra verse in one of the This Used to Be My Playground versions on the CD single

Edited by brem

I thought of a couple more (not necessarily Madonna, but things added to remixes):

On the Hanky Panky Remix there's a couple of "Whoos!" at the beginning, either by Madonna or taken from the Dick Tracy showgirl chorus, these weren't in the album version

Express Yourself: both mixes have different intros, the local mix keeps the "C'mon girls, do you believe in love?" intro from the album, whereas they're removed from Shep's mixes but have the "Whoo!" intro (not found in album version)

On the Mark's Full On Vocal mix of Love Don't Live Here Anymore sounds like Niki & Donna were recruited back to the studio to add glorious backing vocals, prominent at the start of the mix

Also I believe there's an extra verse in one of the This Used to Be My Playground versions on the CD single

The extra verse is only in the film. It was never released officially but you can find it online.

As for Mark's LDLHA, there's some debate as to whether they are official as that promo was only released in the UK on a poor quality pressing. He may have added the addtional backing vocals using session musicians.

As for DCFMA, Warner's sent several lots of remixes to clubs without the intention of actually releasing them including LDLHA and Beautiful Stranger.