What about... alternate vocals!

Bill

Vogue 12" Single Mix

@ 6:45

"Go body, move to the music / You've got to just let your body go with the flow"

Also, at 7:26, this verse seems to be slightly different, vocals seem a little more strained.

LOVE IT!!!

And of course, the glorious "I'll stand out on the mountain top and wait for you to bring the rain" from Rain.

I just love when these little snippets are included on remixes, etc. Any others?

Guest Madomination

Open Your Heart has: Well, are you gonna go out with me or not??? What's the matter? Scare of me or something???

Deeper and Deeper had a few too...

I can't help falling in love

And you know it

I can't help falling in love

So I show it

The live versions of Dress You Up and Physical Attraction are amazing!

You say you wanna stay the night,

but you leave me tomorrow...

and

Let me cover you with velvet kissesssssss!

Justify My Love has You know how to whistle? Just put your lips together baby and BLOW...

Yes! All kinds of alternate/new vocals on that maxi single.

I think the QUEEN of ALL alternate vocals will always be THIS (never mind the tacky remix background - just listen to THAT VOICE):

I'm Argentina.

I'm ARGENTIIII-IIIINAA

And always WILL be...

:wow:

Vogue 12" Single Mix

"Go body, move to the music / You've got to just let your body go with the flow"

Also, at 7:26, this verse seems to be slightly different, vocals seem a little more strained.

LOVE IT!!!

And of course, the glorious "I'll stand out on the mountain top and wait for you to bring the rain" from Rain.

I just love when these little snippets are included on remixes, etc. Any others?

I hear 'your body' not 'go body'.

Hmmm... I still hear "Go", but I'm probably wrong :lol: I'm sure I've been conditioned to hear that and can't hear anything else, since it's all I've heard for the past 20+ years.

Hmmm... I still hear "Go", but I'm probably wrong :lol: I'm sure I've been conditioned to hear that and can't hear anything else, since it's all I've heard for the past 20+ years.

It's "Go body!"It's incredibly obvious. Always loved this. It's very powerful.

Fuck you freak. To me it sounds like it's clipped from 'let...your...Bo-dy move to the muuuusic'.

Very powerful, indeed!! I always felt a little surge of homo power when I listened to it. :lol:

Guest Madomination

Speaking of misheard lyrics... I used to think Crazy For You's "Every breath I'm deeper into you" was "Every breath I breathe burns to you."... :laugh: I thought it denotes heavy breathing or Madonna was a fire dragon.... :s703:

There's also the "my body your body everybody wants to party" in the oakenfold mix of Celebration.

But I think someone said the vocals were a copy and paste job...

Guest Madomination

The True Blue remix/single remix have some extra vocals near the end that the album version do not have. But it seems more like the album version faded out a bit early and for the remix, Pettibone restore the vocals.

I love it when they re-record a track for the remix or ad something. The scream in ROL in that remix... That "Im so In love With You..." in Erotica remix.

I LOVED so much back then when there was an instrumental and suddenly some voice appeared. That happened in Erotica and You'll See.

I remember i was listening to You'll See instrumental and suddenly... "all on my own..." :inlove:

I love it when they re-record a track for the remix or ad something. The scream in ROL in that remix... That "Im so In love With You..." in Erotica remix.

I LOVED so much back then when there was an instrumental and suddenly some voice appeared. That happened in Erotica and You'll See.

I remember i was listening to You'll See instrumental and suddenly... "all on my own..." :inlove:

Oh my God, the harmony vocals in You'll See are extraordinary :dramatic:

Love all of the xtra bits, too. Most of them were vocals excised from the original recording sessions but in a few special cases, namely "Don't Cry For Me Argentina", she went back in to rerecord.

The "Waiting" remix uses some alternate takes for the verses.

http://youtu.be/EjwJPNHp5ZQ

tumblr_m581vpN8lA1qbgvpzo1_500.jpg

"Causing A Commotion"'s verses were also different on the single version as well as the 12" mixes, especially noticeable on the line "Someday you'll see my point of view".

Madonna+-+Erotica+-+Double+Pack+-+12%22+

All of the Masters At Work remixes for "Erotica" feature vocal bits from the earlier recording of the track. However, the House Instrumental --issued on the promo 12" of "Erotica" and later on the Japanese Deeper And Deeper EP CD-- is clearly the backing track to an unreleased full vocal mix of the "you thrill me" incarnation of the song. The effects and reverberation are all there from start to finish and it's easy to put the acapella overtop to get a general idea of how the vocal version sounds.

Not sure why it didn't get a release. It would have given variety similar to the "Justify My Love" maxi single and would have sounded great alongside Orbit's rework of "Erotic" and Masters At Work's hip hop mixes of the album version.

Vogue 12" Single Mix

:rotfl: She says a rushed "LETCHO BODY move to the music...".

There's also a sample that runs throughout the "Vogue" mixes that sounds a bit like Madonna but is actually from Raw Silk's 1982 song "Do It To The Music".

http://youtu.be/Kt_y_0JUp1o

@1:15

I hear "your body" too. I think it just sounds a bit odd because of the abrupt cut at the beginning. I'm not sure that line is an alternative vocal anyway. I think it's just one isolated vocal track from the end of the song - in the standard mix Madonna's voice sounds multitracked in that part of the song, plus she is almost drowned out by the backing singers, so it sounds different when one track is isolated in this remix.

:rotfl: She says a rushed "LETCHO BODY move to the music...".

Generally, I trust your word as the be all, end all, when it comes to Madonna facts, but I distinctly hear "Go"!! :lol:

I hear "your body" too. I think it just sounds a bit odd because of the abrupt cut at the beginning. I'm not sure that line is an alternative vocal anyway. I think it's just one isolated vocal track from the end of the song - in the standard mix Madonna's voice sounds multitracked in that part of the song, plus she is almost drowned out by the backing singers, so it sounds different when one track is isolated in this remix.

But I hear a much more subdued "ooooh" in that verse as well. And the "you've got to just let your body go with the flow" sounds different, too. I don't know... Don't burst my bubble, people!!! It's a totally different and she says GO! :lol:

But I hear a much more subdued "ooooh" in that verse as well. And the "you've got to just let your body go with the flow" sounds different, too. I don't know... Don't burst my bubble, people!!! It's a totally different and she says GO! :lol:

Well I think it's a great thread you've started in any case! Yeah it might be an alternative vocal take, but I think often in remixes we hear individual isolated tracks that were "buried" in the original mix with double-tracked vocals and backing vocals so they sound different on their own. I think Secret is an obvious example of a double-tracked lead vocal.