New studio album: updates, rumours and discussion [new thread]

Guest SecretGarden

Martin also founded Cherrytree records, which is where Natalia is signed and which is owned by Interscope, where Madonna is signed. So I doubt Gaga's music played a part in Madonna's choosing of those artists, if anything they were probably recommended by someone at Interscope and Madonna probably liked Natalia's music.

her birthday is the 15th of august. one day before Ms. i quite like that "controversy" song. I could see M and N as 2 warriors taking on the world in a video or something.

i don't mind her choices and i think she should do whatever she wants, all the time! thats why i love her! but since the topics of pussy riot/freedom of speech/gender issues are of such a huge interest of her i don't see why she just doesn't ask to work with stromae. he tackles it all and is a lyrical genius.

Never heard of her before.

Googled up her name and found this:

"I would like to thank 1980s Madonna and Brooke Shields for the perfect eyebrow inspiration..."

@NataliaKills

Also, on her page on iTunes, it lists M as her influence...

Thanks now we know for sure the name of another producer of the album!

he didn't produced a lot of tracks but his two most famous songs are :

That Lady Gaga song is pretty terrible, but his songs with t.a.t.u. and Kills show lots of potential for work with Madonna :thumbsup:

Natalia Kills also fits current Madonna's theme's. When you think of "Rebel Heart, then Natalia Kills songs and lyrical content like the followinf seem to fit like a glove:

* "Controversy"

Cult leaders
Cowboy preachers
Blame it on the non-believers
Therapists
Sedatives
Visiting hours are 10 to 6

Drink the Kool-Aid, Don't drink the Kool-Aid

* "Problem"

I’m your dream girl
This is real love
But you know what they say about me…
That girl is a problem
Girl is a problem
Girl is a problem problem
Oh Baby
You so bad boy
Drive me mad boy
But you don’t care when they say about me…
That girl is a problem
Girl is a problem
Girl is a problem problem

God damn problem

We’re rock bottom
But there ain’t no stopping
‘Cause they don’t know nothing about love
We’re hell raising
And we don’t need saving
‘Cause theres no salvation for a bad boy
We’re rock bottom
But there ain’t no stopping
‘Cause its you and me against the world

* "Rabbit Hole"

We're the kids your momma warned you about
We're the kids your momma warned you about
Drive fast, roll tight, ride hard all night

'Cause I eat boys like a cannibal,
Fuck hard, howl at the moon like an animal,
Eat me, drink me, straight down the rabbit hole
White lines, white lies, straight down the rabbit hole

I looked up for her and wow, her lyrics are top notch! :wow: Very talented girl and I see why Madonna felt attracted to work with her. She seems very honest and open about life and I can't wait for what their collaboration is going to sound like!

I understand why she chose Avicii (him being a current hip and young DJ and all) but Natalia? So random. Who's next, Gloria Estefan? I really don't know what to expect from this album. But I like the possible titles thrown around, first Rebel Heart, now Holy Water, sounds interesting. I get very good vibes from a lyrical and conceptual point of view. I feel like M is very interested in creating a fantastic album. I'm more concerned about the production part.

Hi everyone! This is my first post and I have to say this is the nicest Madonna forum I've found.

The new album news are getting really interesting, I've never heard about Natalia Kills before but sure she has a good style. And Martin Kierszenbaum sounds about good, let's be honest, Lady Gaga's first album is good (maybe the only one) I just hope he makes something different with Madge, we don't want little monsters all over the social networks saying M sounds like Gaga.

If her album is still in the works a Fall release seems rushed to me. The promo campaign, the whole concept has to be worked on and that should happen after the album is done. I really hope we get a great era out of this with the right timing, the right single choices and some real promo around the world. Madonna has to work for it. It is time that the General public connects with current Madonna again. The tour after that should visit Australia and Japan I hope.

Perhaps Holy Water is a single? Now that we have confirmation about Natalia Kills, it makes me wonder if the "3 songs" she recorded around the Grammys is true and if so then who it was with.

M's definitely going to be surprising with this record because this Natalia Kills collab came out of no where.

Guest Not4Pussies

I'm personally quite fond of the harder Natalia Kills tracks. Saw her open for a Robyn concert 3 to 4 years ago. Pretty cool attitude she has and is able to mix hard industrial sounds with pop melodies and sensibilities. Should be a very interesting collabo. She also has a pretty dark and raw view on the world. So I'm expecting music with a lot of lyrical content and a message instead of pop fluff!

Two of my fav Natalia Kills tracks:

"Controversy":

and "Love Is A Suicide":

Well honestly it could go either way. Look at what happened with m.i.a. and the fluff they came up with. I'm hoping they write some songs with dark lyrics and hard beats. It's time!!!!!!

I think there's great potential with M + Natalia. Let's hope they bring top shelf and it's not a M.I.A. situation like Not4Pussies pointed out. That collab had excellence written ALL over it and then .. it didn't lol. Hoping this time the mark is hit. Hard.

Guest Loo Eli

I think there's great potential with M + Natalia. Let's hope they bring top shelf and it's not a M.I.A. situation like Not4Pussies pointed out. That collab had excellence written ALL over it and then .. it didn't lol. Hoping this time the mark is hit. Hard.

It will have a distinct Tarantino sensibility for sure. Natalia was massively inspired in that direction and we know that Gang Bang was M's favorite off MDNA. How far Madonna has credibility to to go dark and serious is another question but this could well just be a one or two off song thing.

Martin also founded Cherrytree records, which is where Natalia is signed and which is owned by Interscope, where Madonna is signed. So I doubt Gaga's music played a part in Madonna's choosing of those artists, if anything they were probably recommended by someone at Interscope and Madonna probably liked Natalia's music.

Let's not forget Robyn (if I'm not mistaken) and she did open a bit for M on Confessions...

Guest bluejean

This collaboration sounds great and way more exciting that Avicci to be honest. Not that I have anything against Avicci but I think this seems way more edgier and creative. Nothing like anyone else mainstream is doing.

Guest Not4Pussies

This collaboration sounds great and way more exciting that Avicci to be honest. Not that I have anything against Avicci but I think this seems way more edgier and creative. Nothing like anyone else mainstream is doing.

Yes, high.five

Guest Not4Pussies

Let's not forget Robyn (if I'm not mistaken) and she did open a bit for M on Confessions...

Sticky and Sweet

I love All The Things She Said, I love Tatu

Oh my god, me too. So sad they seperated.

This definitely is exciting. The fact that most of us are liking Natalia Kills shows that we are actually connecting to her Music. Let's be honest, it's not easy to please Madonna fans. I think we are the most musically critical fan base in the world. Sometimes it gets to the point that I can't bare to listen to anything BUT Madonna. I think this is why the collaboration with M.I.A. and Minaj kinda failed. So again, seems we approve of Natalia Kills style and possibly, some of may even become her fans. Not trying to jump ahead with celebration but I think this album is going to be very Madonna. :)