Post pics of your Madonna vinyl here!

Guest Lum

Question. Maybe silly question ok?

If you have an old LP for Like a Prayer, and you spray a bit with patchouli... could you sell it as "original, still smells of patchouli"? Because sometimes i fell that's what people are doing, it's weird that 25 years later the smell is still there.

If you have an old LP for Like a Prayer, and you spray a bit with patchouli... could you sell it as "original, still smells of patchouli"? Because sometimes i fell that's what people are doing, it's weird that 25 years later the smell is still there.

Well for me to make sure it was legit i checked the barcode numbers on discogs.com and it is a first pressing album :)

Edited by LeooAyala

Oh oh oh!!! So you just bought a scented copy of LAP on vinyl? Is it a recent edition? Where did you get it from? :drool:

I dont think its a recent pressing im 100% sure its one of the first pressing i mean the smell isnt super super strong but its there..i checked the barcode numbers on discogs.com and it is a first pressing.. and i got from eBay :)

I dont think its a recent pressing im 100% sure its one of the first pressing i mean the smell isnt super super strong but its there..i checked the barcode numbers on discogs.com and it is a first pressing.. and i got from eBay :)

Lucky boy

If it was preserved properly in a protective sleeve or still in original shrink wrap it still has the scent. The patchouli that's used in the LAP formats is Very distinct, and it smells uniquely like a prayer. Lol!

It's a variation of patchouli I've never smelled anywhere else but the LAP album. It's the same for LP Cassette and CD.

WHAT??? it makes no sense that Celebration is that expensive. Did they make it limited or something? All her recent vinyls are sold at the regular price: COADF, HC.. even ROL or Music.

I picked up 2 of them (one for a gift) shortly after they came out, they were readily available when it first came out, I don't know why Warner dropped it (maybe 4 LP sets are a pain to manufacture?) but I am surprised that it is a Worldwide thing (American Life is available because it's UK release is still in print, for example). Does anyone know what countries released Celebration on vinyl?

edit; looks like it had a US and UK release.

I picked up 2 of them (one for a gift) shortly after they came out, they were readily available when it first came out, I don't know why Warner dropped it (maybe 4 LP sets are a pain to manufacture?) but I am surprised that it is a Worldwide thing (American Life is available because it's UK release is still in print, for example). Does anyone know what countries released Celebration on vinyl?

edit; looks like it had a US and UK release.

I just checked eBay and two recent celebration us maxi singles went for £7. No indication of high prices the uk pic disc is pretty easy to find too.

No, the Celebration album.

Omg I just checked and the cheapest sold was £70! I had no idea! When I bought it I thought it was another of those limited editions that was not that limited and wouldn't be worth much like the hard candy version.

And people mocked me here for not unwrapping it!

YES!! I actually got it today in the mail and it does!! I was so happy

I recently bought a sealed first press copy on ebay (for only $15!) and it still smelled as strong as the day it was made, and it had the AIDS insert! And today I received the original UK Erotica (album) release in mint condition, that I'm really psyched about.

I have only two vinyls in my entire collection: Bedtime Story 12" UK and Hard Candy 3 Disc Set Album. :( Im such a flop fan! I only collect her singles & albums on a cd format. Vinyls are so expensive! But i will try to acquire slowly this format if my budget permits me.

I recently bought a sealed first press copy on ebay (for only $15!) and it still smelled as strong as the day it was made, and it had the AIDS insert! And today I received the original UK Erotica (album) release in mint condition, that I'm really psyched about.

Congrats!!!!!!

Omg I just checked and the cheapest sold was £70! I had no idea! When I bought it I thought it was another of those limited editions that was not that limited and wouldn't be worth much like the hard candy version.

And people mocked me here for not unwrapping it!

http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?showtopic=29751