On this day in 2002

cosmic_system

Don't you forget:

ekf08yyip3btb3y.jpg?skj2io4l

I was obsessed with this photoshoot. I still have this magazine shine and new :wink:

Me too! M + Man Ray = :dramatic:

I love it when she throws in art references.

One of her best photo-shoots ever. I was so obsessed with this pics and still. Mert and Marcus are easily the Ritts of this decade.

They're not at all. They're fashion photographers. Ritz was a portrait photographer essentially. They're more in line with Meisel.

If i recall well in this Vanity Fair interview she said that she was tired of pop songs and she couldn't imagine herself writing pop hooks anymore or something like that, cut to a few years later and she is whoring herself in leotards singing Hung Up and fucking with young men on Hard Candy at 50yo :lol:

On this day in 2002, POP Magazine with Madonna on the cover was released.

it was the first collaboration with Mert and Marcus.

madonna-pop-magazine-ss2002-shot-by-mert

I love that on some occasions she wore that outfit underneath her coat:

testino12.jpg

turner10.jpg

file-Madonna-53_0.jpg

It's funny cuz as I was growing up before I really knew who Madonna was, I used to see this image a lot because my lesbionic sister always had it everywhere. She's always been a Madonna loon. I even remember seeing this picture on her MySpace page. It wasn't until I became a Madonna loon myself that I learned that the lady in that image had always been Madonna.