The 100 Coolest Americans, Per National Portrait Gallery

Raf

"and is recognized as the best selling female recording artist of all time."

Damn straight. Suck it Mariah.

:rotfl::clap:
I am actually surprised no one ever mentions the fact that not only Madonna is the best-selling female recording artist of all time but also that she's the third best-selling SOLO artist of all time after Elvis and Michael Jackson

Is Gaga on the list?

Dont think so

:chuckle:

1. Debbie Harry

2. Frank Sinatra

3. Madonna

4. Elvis

5. Jimi Hendrix

6. Jean-Michel Basquiat

7. Billie Holiday

8. James Dean

9. Tony Hawk

10. Steve McQueen

11. Kurt Cobain

12. Miles Davis

13. Joan Didion

14. Walter Whitman

15. Frederick Douglass

16. Bessie Smith

17. David Byrne

18. Benicio Del Toro

19. Muddy Waters

20. Laurence Bacall

And this is exactly what sets Madonna apart from anyone else. Contemporary or not. THIS is cultural relevance. Internationally. Not just "a singer from the US"

What a cool list ( no pun :) ) finally, after all the travesties that have called themselves lists of late.

And of course Debbie can be number 1, she is fucking cool!

Is this a top 20? Debbie can't be #1.

I don't know. I just posted them in the order they are featured on the NY Daily News website. Maybe it's just a gallery listing all the 20 people that got chosen for the exhibition. Either way the most important thig is that Madonna is a part of it. The fact that 15 of those 20 names have gone says how legendary Madonna actually is. In a cultural sense. I can't see anyone discussed in Pop Princesses on that list in spite of constant arguing to the contrary as far as cultural relevance goes :rotfl:

It reminds me of that Time list from 2-3 years ago about the biggest women of the 20th century

Madonna was there too of course

What a cool list ( no pun :) ) finally, after all the travesties that have called themselves lists of late.

And of course Debbie can be number 1, she is fucking cool!

When I was little I loved Debbie because she was so cool and she still is.