What happened to Hello Suckers?

karbatal

I suddenly remembered that musical that she was writing with Pat Leonard. I recall that some songs from several albums were from that musical. I don't remember which ones. Was it "Like it or not", maybe?

And i recall too that Hung Up was because she was thinking of a scene in a club and told Stuart Price that she wanted something like "Abba on poppers", haha. And he came with the instrumental of Hung UP, the one he played in that club and called Madonna to explain how people were going crazy.

Ok, i may be wrong with those things. But it's the last time whe wrote with Pat and not even a demo has surfaced. or has it?

i think this is from hello suckers.. i absolutely love it.

Yes, it's beautiful. I found this in Wikipedia

• "Miss You", "If You Go Away", "How High", "Curtain", "The Devil Wouldn't Recognize You" and "Is this Love (Bon D'Accord)" – among a number of songs written for a planned musical Hello Suckers, a 20s-style musical loosely based on the life of Texas Guinan.[136] Songs were written with a number of co-writers including Patrick Leonardand Mirwais Ahmadzai. Lyrics from "How High" were later reworked into a song for Confessions on a Dance Floor. Some lyrics from "Is This Love" were later re-used on the song "Voices" on the album Hard Candy. "The Devil Wouldn't Recognize You" was planned to be included on The Re-Invention Tour, but was later reworked with Madonna's brother-in-law Joe Henry. Ultimately, the song did not surface until the album Hard Candy following further development with Timbaland, Justin Timberlake and Nate Hills. "Is this Love (Bon D'Accord)" has since been leaked to the internet. "If You Go Away" is based on the classic "Ne me quitte pas" by Jaques Brel. The English version has been covered by a wide range of artists, including Marlene Dietrich, Shirley Bassey and Tom Jones. Madonna's version leaked onto the internet on September 2, 2010. "Miss You" was also planned for the musical and has more of an acoustic folk feel to it and leaked onto the internet on September 3, 2010,[137] some lyrics were later re-used on the song "Like It or Not" from the album Confessions on a Dance Floor.

And yes, this one is beautiful

Wowww imagine if we got an album of music like this/Like a Virgin MDNA/Between the Bars, but with interesting production quirks. Kind of somewhere between Grimes and Ed Harcourt if that makes sense

She moved onto a new musical, that's where HU came from.

Yep. It was project that was to be directed by Luc Besson, but she reportedly hated the script. I've always wondered if Forbidden Love came from that project as well.

I think it's where she came up with the "future disco" adjective for COADF

I'm sure it would've been amazing.