Ok, DWT is so great, and people have to get a grip

karbatal

And the best look was during the European leg. The hair was on the right lenght, straight, and the red kilt worked better than the black and white one I think

gira-madonna5-afp.jpg

01-1985187_0x420.jpg

I didn't mind the 1st section look when I saw the show in LA. I was stuck there for a week because I had tickets to the 9/11 show, so it was a great way to cap of a terrible week.

EEBC86B1-7513-419A-9C34-D4AC370A389D_zps

It's always annoyed me. I mean, even the first Detroit date the night before for the back-up HBO taping was so much better. These press pics are from that night. I kinda wish they'd put that one out on DVD instead but oh well.

1zx5nwo.jpg

How fabulous. Thanks my darling. I'll download that later. I haven't seen that version in years. I never liked that blurry filter they added on the DVD either.

I sound like I'm constantly moaning these days... but again....oh well :rotfl:

😘. I think We're all complaining, more or less, because of the pre-new album anxiety and it makes is all a little prickly. Lol!

I hate waiting.

My boyfriend just gave me the dvd as a gift for my bday and i finally saw DWT complete for the very first time...

I love the first section, the second one is weird and artsy but i it was great, cowboy section was average for me tho, the latina section was good and passional and the last bit was great as always.

IMO the trifecta is: BAT - CT - MDNAT

This tour is weird, she seemed but into it at S&S, even the production is minimalistic in a few songs, also the setlist is kinda weak, i mean she could had sang American Pie, Amazing, Cyberraga, TAB, TPOGB...

This tour is weird, she seemed but into it at S&S, even the production is minimalistic in a few songs, also the setlist is kinda weak, i mean she could had sang American Pie

Now that I think about it, it would've fit perfectly in the cowboy section. She could've done it in the style of the original instead of Gone or something

Also - does anyone know if one of the NY shows was supposed to be canceled? I went to Madison Square Garden in the afternoon of one of the shows (think it was the 2nd or 3rd) to see if tix were available or if I could buy a tour programme; but there were people dismantling/packing up the merch booths, saying that the show had just been canceled.

My boyfriend just gave me the dvd as a gift for my bday and i finally saw DWT complete for the very first time...

I love the first section, the second one is weird and artsy but i it was great, cowboy section was average for me tho, the latina section was good and passional and the last bit was great as always.

IMO the trifecta is: BAT - CT - MDNAT

This tour is weird, she seemed but into it at S&S, even the production is minimalistic in a few songs, also the setlist is kinda weak, i mean she could had sang American Pie, Amazing, Cyberraga, TAB, TPOGB...

Those three are my favorites too!

I saw DWT live and though it was definitely more exciting in person than on the video, it was still pretty joyless. I mean, it's called Drowned World for a reason. I found the combo of the (Un) Funny Song + Secret + Gone + DCFMA + WIFLFAG to be way too slow. I loved Secret (one of my faves) but the rest kind of dragged in my opinion. I was also really annoyed that WIFLAG was in Spanish. Imagine having listened to song all summer long and when you hear it in concert and want to sing along, you can't. And for those non-English speaking people that will certainly point out that "we listen to song in different languages all the time", it's not that it was in a language that I don't understand (I have a pretty good grasp on Spanish), it was because I couldn't connect to it like the original. P.S.: I would have had the same problem if she sang Shanti/Ashtangi or Cyberraga in Spanish.

I do like DWT but it's not the piece of art some claim as a whole. The first half is flawless but then it looses steam. Thankfully LIB, Holiday and Music make for one of her best tour endings.

92253-phil-dunphy-sad-smile-gif-mode-TDB

Now that I think about it, it would've fit perfectly in the cowboy section. She could've done it in the style of the original instead of Gone or something

Also - does anyone know if one of the NY shows was supposed to be canceled? I went to Madison Square Garden in the afternoon of one of the shows (think it was the 2nd or 3rd) to see if tix were available or if I could buy a tour programme; but there were people dismantling/packing up the merch booths, saying that the show had just been canceled.

American Pie instead of Gone or The Funny Song (preferably since I love Gone) would have made a huge difference!

Guest whatatramp

I saw DWT live and though it was definitely more exciting in person than on the video, it was still pretty joyless. I mean, it's called Drowned World for a reason. I found the combo of the (Un) Funny Song + Secret + Gone + DCFMA + WIFLFAG to be way too slow. I loved Secret (one of my faves) but the rest kind of dragged in my opinion. I was also really annoyed that WIFLAG was in Spanish. Imagine having listened to song all summer long and when you hear it in concert and want to sing along, you can't. And for those non-English speaking people that will certainly point out that "we listen to song in different languages all the time", it's not that it was in a language that I don't understand (I have a pretty good grasp on Spanish), it was because I couldn't connect to it like the original. P.S.: I would have had the same problem if she sang Shanti/Ashtangi or Cyberraga in Spanish.

I do like DWT but it's not the piece of art some claim as a whole. The first half is flawless but then it looses steam. Thankfully LIB, Holiday and Music make for one of her best tour endings.

blog+photos+3239.jpg

blog+photos+3238.jpg