13. FORBIDDEN LOVE INTERLUDE
  14. Sanctuary
  15. Where Life Begins
  16. Survival
  17. Like A Prayer

ENCORE

1. Take A Bow

Post yours! :)

The Story of the tour is Madonna's journey from the highs of the beginnings with fame, her sex icon image, the backlash and how she dealt with that.

1. Bedtime Story

2. Burning Up

3. Material Girl [Excerpts from Thief of Hearts]

4. Vogue [With extended Dance Interlude]

5. Papa Don't Preach

6. Erotica

7. Deeper and Deeper

8. Oh Father

9. Take a Bow [interlude]

10. Bad Girl/ Love Tried to Welcome Me

11. This Used to Be My Playground

12. Like a Prayer

13. Rescue Me [interlude]

14. Secret

15. Survival

16. Rain

17. I'll Remember

ENCORE:

1. Human Nature

Guest bluejean

Bedtime Story (Junior's Single Mix)

Rescue Me

I'd Rather Be Your Lover

Secret

Lucky Star (New Remix)

Angel (New Remix)

Survival

Inside of Me

Erotica (Underground Club Mix) - Interlude

Deeper and Deeper (Album Version)

Human Nature

Love Tried To Welcome Me

Sanctuary

I'll Remember (Orbit Remix)

Like a Prayer (Original Album Version - Extended)

Into The Groove (New Remix)

Holiday (New Remix)

Take a Bow

Tour draws inspiration from ancient Roman mythology, Harlem as well as films by Jean Harlow and Rita Hayworth. Costumes designed by Gianni Versace.

Bacchanal:

Sanctuary / Secret Garden (Intro)

Bedtime Story (Junior's Single Mix)_similar to Brit Aw.

Erotica_bacchanal party

Rescue Me_escape from the bacchanal

Ghetto:

Secret_ on the street of Harlem

Papa Don't Preach_ilegal abortion clinic drama

Forbidden Love_on the park bench

Vogue_Ballroom

Take a Bow_ empty hall

Before the dreams:

Dear Jessie_ Intro

Angel_singing on the bed 

Inside of Me_ mother picture on the display

S/M Gilda: 

Fever_ piano intro

Bad Girl_s/m dress, very Gianni Versace

I'd Rather Be Your Lover_glass chair and lover choreo

Don`t stop/Into the groove

Human Nature (dancing in cubes, like the video)

getunconciousworldtour1995poster.png

Bedtime Story

Don't Stop / Where's The Party

Into The Groove

Deeper And Deeper

I'd Rather Be Your Lover

Justify My Love

Goodbye To Innocence

Human Nature

Borderline / Words

Take A Bow

You'll See (brand new song, ain't never been heard before.)

Sanctuary (Intro) / Rescue Me

Like A Prayer

Lucky Star

Open Your Heart

Secret

Sanctuary (Reprise)

I'll Remember

Over And Over

Survival

Holiday

Ouverture with: Survival/I'll Remember

01.Human Nature w/ Express Yourself

02.I'd rather Be Your Lover

03.Justify My Love w/ Je t'aime moi non plus

04. Open Your Heart

05.Secret

06.Borderline

06.Vogue

07. Don't Stop

08. Cherish

09. Holiday

10. Inside of Me

11. Bedtime Story

12. Sanctuary w/ Physical Attraction

13.Deeper & Deeper

14.La Isla Bonita

15.Into The groove

16. Take a Bow

Outro: Je Ne Regrette Rien

Guest Dazedmadonna

Bedtime Story (Junior's Single Mix)

Rescue Me

I'd Rather Be Your Lover

Secret

Lucky Star (New Remix)

Angel (New Remix)

Survival

Inside of Me

Erotica (Underground Club Mix) - Interlude

Deeper and Deeper (Album Version)

Human Nature

Love Tried To Welcome Me

Sanctuary

I'll Remember (Orbit Remix)

Like a Prayer (Original Album Version - Extended)

Into The Groove (New Remix)

Holiday (New Remix)

Take a Bow

Sounds amazing

Hm, this is tricky. We don't know much about the aborted 1995 tour, other than that she was considering it up until the last minute. Without much else to go by, I think we'd need to consider where she was at this point in her carer to try to create a setlist for the tour.

Looking at the evolution of her tours up to 1995, I imagine that a tour would be set up similarly to the Girlie Show -- 16 to 18 songs broken into three to four distinct sets that are held together by a broad theme.

The Girlie Show was a logical extension of "Erotica." It was a sex circus, with separate sets showcasing the dominatrix, the Studio 54 excesses and orgy (with a safe sex epilogue), and a cabaret show. The encores for the show existed as separate entities, with "Everybody" seemingly unrelated to the show's sex circus theme.

Let's assume then that a 1995 tour would be a similar extension of "Bedtime Stories." Considering the album title, the "pajama party" album launch, the title track's video, and the Brit Awards performance, we can guess with some confidence that the show's theme would be a dreamscape. Since "Bedtime Stories" is Madonna's "lonely at the top" album, we could also guess that the show would prominently feature some juxtaposition of her dream / vision of fame vs. the reality she encountered as the most famous woman in the world, particularly in the wake of the "Sex" backlash.

GS was also the first tour to prioritize new album tracks over mega-hit singles -- with seven "Erotica" tracks making up nearly half the setlist, it was the first time that she didn't perform "Material Girl" or "Into the Groove" on tour. With that in mind, we can also guess with some confidence that the 1995 would feature a large number of "Bedtime Stories" and other early- to mid-90s tracks with few early- to mid-80s tracks represented.

Using this as my guide, here's my stab a 1995 tour setlist:

Part 1: The Surreal

A mind-fuck opening set -- We're in a dream with big sets, elaborate costumes, heavy lighting, flying dancers, etc.

• Sanctuary
  • Bedtime Story
  • Like a Prayer (dance remix)
  • Inside of Me

Part 2: The Big City

A funky, easy-going set. We're still dreaming, but dreaming of becoming a star. Imagine the "Secret" video come to life.
  • Lucky Star
  • Don't Stop
  • Secret
  • Forbidden Love (with "Bad Girl" interlude)

Part 3: Nightmare

A lush sex dream set that turns into a violent horror show -- a symbol of of the "Sex" backlash. It ends with a tightly choreographed "Express Yourself" as a nod to having survived the backlash and having come out stronger.
  • Justify my Love
  • Vogue
  • Where Life Begins / Erotica (mash-up)
  • Human Nature
  • Like a Virgin
  • Survival
  • Express Yourself

Encore
  • Take a Bow

Second encore
  • Holiday
  • Into the Groove

• 2 weeks later...

Uffff, somehow i can't imagine a tour with those trcklists! They seem so boring! It's pretty clear that BS the album was not made to be played live, and only the Erotica tracks can save the day. Of course, I'll Remember and Rescue Me could have been beautiful.

But no, it would have been a boring tour.

Uffff, somehow i can't imagine a tour with those trcklists! They seem so boring! It's pretty clear that BS the album was not made to be played live, and only the Erotica tracks can save the day. Of course, I'll Remember and Rescue Me could have been beautiful.

But no, it would have been a boring tour.

Ur shitting me right? Keep in mind that it would almost 100% sure her GS band would b back. Just think about it, even if u don't

like Don't Stop or IRBYL or Forbidden Love, but those songs being played by those guys... :dramatic:

I'm with Acko on this -- "Bedtime Stories" is a very easy album to envision live.

Looking back at the arc of her career, there's a clear musical evolution from the house music featured heavily on "Erotica" to the funk of the Girlie Show to the R&B of "Bedtime Stories." I imagine that arc would continue to a tour that heavily featured a smooth jazz sound, with some ambient elements.

The show opens with a huge production of Bedtime Story, building on the Brit Awards performance with smoke and wind machines and Madonna dressed in an elaborate flowing Versace gown and sporting a very long blonde wig. Donna and Nicki feature on raised platforms behind Madonna in their own Versace gowns with wigs and wind machines also, Madonna is also joined onstage by 8 dancers. BS gives way to Rescue Me with the stage erupting into a thunderous storm with flashes of lightening, cracking thunder that vibrates the arena and rain effects. RS fades into Rain which continues the stormy theme with Donna and Nicki back on their rises behind Madonna. The section concludes with an upbeat Survival, the storm clears and the stage is flooded with light.

The second section is house/dance Madonna and is visually very striking and very tightly choreographed. The white cubes from the Human Nature appear on the stage with Madonna and her troupe stunningly recreating the HN video including the same choreography and outfit. This song is designed to bring the house down. The house theme continues with a pumping and stylish Express Yourself, Thief of Hearts and a brand new Deeper and Deeper mix and choreo.

The third section is spiritual Madonna and opens with a huge production of Like a Prayer. The burning crosses make a stunning return and are 10 feet high. LAP fades into Live To Tell with th crosses remaining onstage but without fire. They are suspended high in the air for maximum effect. Madonna performs solo with just a microphone stand to accompany her. Donna and Nicki then join her for a somber This Used To Be My Playground. The section ends with a big production of I'll Remember which brings the house down.

The fourth section is upbeat and funky RnB Madonna. Madonna with Nicki and Donna perform similar to TLC and the production is very 1995 and smooth. The first section is RnB Madonna and Madonna appears on a small stage in the middle of the arena to conclude the song whilst her full troupe of dancers perform an amazing choreo on the main stage with Donna and Nicki who is joined by madonna's very first male backing singer adding to the groove of the song, Madonna remains on the small stage in the middle of the arena for secret but is joined by her backing singers, the band are transported to the front of the main stage to keep things entertaining for those in the first rows. Don't Stop segues into RnB versions of Justify My Love and Erotica with huge video screens similar to the Who's That Girl Tour,

The first encore of the night is Take a Bow and is performed with her male backing singer centre stage with Madonna and Nicki and Donna in the wings. Madonna dons her red kimono from the AMA awards appearance and her hair tied up in an elaborate bun. The second encore is a storming 10 minute remix of Vogue with a huge production and yet another costume change and featuring all new choreography and staging so as not to be too similar to the BAT and GS versions. Vogue brings the house down and segues into the big finale of a medley of her earlier hits featuring most prominently Into The Groove and Holiday with elements of Lucky Star. Madonna strips down to a sexy leather bra and panties costumr so she can concentrate on her choreography and not be limited by a big fancy costume, think 1994 Esquire cover Madonna with her hair slicked back and a studded dog chain around her neck. Madonna and her troupe take a bow and disappear below the stage.

• 2 months later...

Trance

1. Bedtime Story

2. Like a Virgin

3. Justify My Love/Erotica

4. Deeper and Deeper

Fantasy/Fairytale

5. Lucky Star/Sweet Dreams are Made of This by Eurythmics

6. Material Girl

7. Into the Groove

8. Vogue/Good Life by Inner City

Angst

9. Human Nature

10. Survival/I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor

11. Open Your Heart/Express Yourself

12. Like a Prayer

Reflection

13. Secret

14. Love Tried to Welcome Me

15. I'll Remember/Inside of Me

Encore

16. Holiday

Encore

17. Take a Bow

Edited by Madonna Fan

Survival

Secret

Deeper and Deeper

Love Tried to Welcome Me

Human Nature

Express Yourself

Vogue

Bedtime Story

Inside of Me

I'll Remember

Rain

Take a Bow

This Used 2 B My Playground

Secret Garden

I'd Rather Be Your Lover

Don't Stop

Into the Groove

Where's the Party

Holiday

encore Erotica or Justify My Love

• 3 weeks later...

I see Bedtime Stories as somewhat of a journey for Madonna. A journey through the depths of herself and the tour, the way I imagine it would've captured it that way.

I was planning on doing a virtual concert of this tour for my YouTube channel but never got to finish it. (Also because I'm not too experienced with FL Studio and production software) So with the I was trying to be more realistic and looked at how her other tours were structured and took of from there.

SECTION 1: OPRESSION

This section is mainly inspired by the video for Human Nature and will have latex/leather costumes. In context it's supposed to represent how Madonna felt after all the Erotica backlash and controversy. She's projection S&M fantasies on the way people have treated her for being open about her sexuality and how she feels that people are not free to express themselves. A funk/rock version of EY is supposed to represent feminism and an extended dance version of Vogue a statement for sexual freedom and confidence about yourself.

1. Human Nature

2. Express Yourself / Free Your Mind

3. Vogue

4. Survival / I Will Survive

5. Justify My Love (Hip Hop Remix) - Interlude

SECTION 2: TRANSFORMATION

Representing Madonna's early years when she decided to leave her home to follow her ambitions. This section is the "happy side" to section 3. It showcases Madonna's transformation and her getting to learn a whole new way of thinking and experiencing some kind of freedom while going through NY nightclubs, falling in love with strangers. KIT is the single remix and Into the Groove includes breakdancing and a newly remixed jazzier version of the song. Latin/House versions of WTG and D&D follow. LTTWM features a lonely dancer dancing on a pole as it turns into a darker section of the show.

6. Keep It Together

7. Into the Groove

8. Who's That Girl

9. Deeper and Deeper

10. Love Tried to Welcome Me - Interlude

SECTION 3: PSYCHE

Madonna giving us a deep introspection and showing us how she really felt during many phases of her life and how they have affected her. It's mainly focused around her dealing with her mother's death which she revealed in an interview back in 1995 to be something that was one of the main inspiration behind the album. 3 very intimate performances are followed by a bombastic performance of the 12" Extended Version with gospel choir (which has already joined her at the end of Secret). Rescue Me is used as a transition to the next section.

11. Live to Tell

12. Inside of Me

13. Secret

14. Like a Prayer

15. Rescue Me - Interlude

SECTION 4: LUST & DESPAIR

Madonna and her dancers rise on stage in Versace costumes inspired by greek mythology. Madonna is the heroine, challenging subjects of lust, depression and unrecruited love. There is also a huge bed with silk curtains which is placed on a turning platform and will be used during the performances of Erotica and FL. This section is theatrical and ends with a dramatic performance of Take a Bow and then leads into I'll Remember, showing that the show is almost done.

16. Sanctuary

17. Erotica (William Orbit Remix)

18. Forbidden Love

19. Take a Bow

20. I'll Remember

The final two performances are the encore. The first performance is sn extended version of the Brit Awards version of Bedtime Stories with Madonna, dressed the godess of love. The performance is supposed to represent her waking up from her "bad" dream by letting go of the troubles of the past. Her rebirth, basically. When the lights turn off the show seems to be over but the crowd is proven false when a guitarist starts to play a funky version of the riff from Holiday which is the last performance of the show. A more laidback and funky "woodstock" rendition of Holiday, with samples from "Celebrate" and "Freedom". I tought about including Don't Stop as the last song, but I'm really not so sure if M would've done the same thing cuz I don't think she likes the song very much.

21. Bedtime Story

22. Holiday

(23. Don't Stop)

And again the setlist in all it's glory:

1. Human Nature

2. Express Yourself

3. Vogue

4. Survival

5. Justify My Love - Interlude

6. Keep It Together

7. Into the Groove

8. Who's That Girl

9. Deeper and Deeper

10. Love Tried to Welcome Me - Interlude

11. Live to Tell

12. Inside of Me

13. Secret

14. Like a Prayer

15. Rescue Me - Interlude

16. Sanctuary

17. Erotica

18. Forbidden Love

19. Take a Bow

20. I'll Remember

21. Bedtime Story

22. Holiday

• 5 months later...

1. Human Nature
2. Survival (Deeper And Deeper Mash-Up Remix)
3. Bye Bye Baby
4. Material Girl (Cabaret Version)
5. Papa Don't Preach
-Your Honesty Interlude-
6. Secret
7. I'd Rather Be Your Lover
8. Fever
9. Rescue Me
10. Think Of Me (Revised Bedtime Stories Remix)
11. Til Death Do Us Part
-Justify My Love Interlude-
12. Inside Of Me
13. Bad Girl
14. Sanctuary
15. Thief Of Hearts

16. Keep It Together
-Bedtime Story Interlude-
17. Angel (House Remix)
18. Open Your Heart
19. Vogue
20. Holiday (Excerpts of Did You Do It?)

-Encore-
21. Bedtime Story (House Remix)

Edited by jay_c00per

The 1995 Bedtime Stories Tour

Open Your Heart

Erotica

Secret

Material Girl remix

Express Yourself

Like A Prayer

Take A Bow

Oh Father