I just need 2 have this...get me Guy Oseary on the phone

acko

I heard the Warning Signs tape was being kept at the London train station but got destroyed in the July 7 bombings. Could just be a rumour though.

Well actually there's a story going round since the weekend that this and some other Madonna rarities (possibly the missing Truth or Dare footage) were in fact being stored on the London Duck Tours boat that caught fire on Sunday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-24323395

Well actually there's a story going round since the weekend that this and some other Madonna rarities (possibly the missing Truth or Dare footage) were in fact being stored on the London Duck Tours boat that caught fire on Sunday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-24323395

Is Passenger Donna Wood actually Madonna? :wow:

Anyway, there was a fire at the Rue Anspach here in Brussels,

Police say the footage of Madonna dancing 4 Patrick Hernandez during

the Born 2 B Alive promo tour was destroyed in the fire. Also her audio

demo from 1979 of 'Ma vie fout le camp' which contained a handwritten note

containing a cryptic message:

Must plagiarize, label Frozen, record video in desert after firstborn

2184849811.jpg

Guest bluejean

There's also a rumour in 2004 terrorists threatened to kill her and kidnap her children if she ever toured Australia again

There's also a rumour in 2004 terrorists threatened to kill her and kidnap her children if she ever toured Australia again

Terrorists can be so dumb.

Like she was ever gonna tour Australia again anyway. ;)

Unfortunately due to the terrible sales of MDNA World Tour, I doubt we will ever get BA on DVD or Blu-ray. I think the only chance is if it's part of a box set which would mean more sales. They are not going to spend time and money and release this for lacklustre sales. I want a box set with Virgin Tour, WTG, BA, Girlie, Drowned, RIT and Confessions on Blu-ray!!!!

I used to think they wouldn't release / remaster old things cos sales would not be massive as you say - and therefore what's the point.

But then I keep reading about new remaster / DVD releases of old albums, video material, concerts by the likes of Belinda Carlisle, Kim Wilde, Bucks Fizz, etc. etc.

These things are coming all the time so there MUST be money in it!

If there's profit to be made in releasing (just last month) a newly packaged 3-disc set for a Belinda Carlisle album from 1987 full of remixes, videos, concert footage etc and even a newly filmed interview about the album - then there's profit in releasing ANY old Madonna stuff!!

No matter how poor MDNA Tour sales may have been, Madonna will always have a much much much bigger worldwide buying audience than the likes of Belinda Carlisle or pretty much anyone from the past 30 years (bar maybe ABBA or Michael Jackson).

I used to think they wouldn't release / remaster old things cos sales would not be massive as you say - and therefore what's the point.

But then I keep reading about new remaster / DVD releases of old albums, video material, concerts by the likes of Belinda Carlisle, Kim Wilde, Bucks Fizz, etc. etc.

If there's profit to be made in releasing (just last month) a newly packaged 3-disc set for a Belinda Carlisle album from 1987 full of remixes, videos, concert footage etc and even a newly filmed interview about the album - then there's profit in releasing ANY old Madonna stuff!!

No matter how poor MDNA Tour sales may have been, Madonna will always have a much much much bigger worldwide buying audience than the likes of Belinda Carlisle or pretty much anyone from the past 30 years (bar maybe ABBA or Michael Jackson).

I agree but unfortunately Warner Bros. don't really have the capacity to pull something like that off (eg Celebration, Studio Albums box set, vinyl rereleases) It is such a shame that we never get any quality products and I doubt we ever will :(

I want this :

Like A Virgin Deluxe Edition - 3 discs: original album with Into the Groove, disc with unreleased and remixes and Bluray of The Virgin Tour Live and music videos.

True Blue Deluxe Edition - 3 discs: original album, disc with Who's That Girl tracks, unreleased and remixes and Bluray of Ciao Italia or Live in Japan and music videos.

Like A Prayer Deluxe Edition - as above with Bluray of Blond Ambition and music videos.

Same with Erotica.

This would be something brilliant!!!!

Guest bluejean

Isn't truth or dare just the most quotable movie of all time, 4 a gay born in the 80's :D

It's the Mean Girls of the 90's

THIS. Many artists are doing it, esp. when they get to Madonna's stage now. There absolutely IS a market for it. Every so often I see a huge, beautiful box set coming out from some artist - even if it's just a digital itunes exclusive one. People are doing it.

I don't think it's just the record company to blame though...I think Madonna just doesn't want to do these things...at least right now. We know she's not nostalgic. I'm sure the ideas have been presented to her...she probably just brushes them off. I just think she's not interested herself, and nothing like that can go out without her approval. So it's much easier, and cheaper, for the old record company's to do the lackluster sets they've recently done.

It's the one thing that I'm sure we all wish Madonna was more conscientious about it...her legacy, her catalog, bringing it up to the best recent standards. We all know she loves making money, so you'd think it was a given. But I suppose she has her reasons, or feels she's just not there yet. Perhaps they're waiting to when she gets to the point where she gets older and doesn't want to release new material or tour anymore. It certainly would make sense then.

I could say the same for Michael's body of work, or Prince's. It seems the rockers are the only ones that really see the sense in doing it.

Like a Prayer should have at least got a remaster though back when they were doing them early 2000. Why they stopped at True Blue is just fucking ridiculous. And it's still crazy to think that her most iconic tour...and one of the most iconic, groundbreaking tours of all time...is not released in full on the latest format (when it was actually filmed). Crazy.

You'd think managers and record company's would see the easy money they could make milking fans dry giving them what they actually want...but they seem blind.

ps. MDNA Tour sales were low? That's probably do the horrible fuck up they sent out, and the shitty job they're doing trying to supposedly fix it.

I don't think we'll ever get Paris BA tour. It would be like Sly Stallone deciding he wanted to put out his own boxing film and insert fight footage from Rocky that never got used or Madonna wanting to use all her cut scenes from Dangerous Game in her own new version closer to the original script. That concert stuff that's already used in Truth or Dare is copyrighted to that movie and whoever owns it at any particular time. It can't just be reused in a new concert film.

Even if they somehow did, it would just be unedited film reels that someone would need to come in and cut together. It's very obvious for example that LAP and HP that appeared as extras on the old VHS were thrown together with very little post-production and wasn't up to the same standard as the songs actually used in the film and it's highly doubtful you'd get the same personnel together that edited the original film to work their magic again. You'd get some sort of MDNA-esque 2015 version. The whole thing is just a legal and logistical nightmare.

I do think Madonna was interested in a retrospective boxset at one point, but the stuff she wanted - tv performances, 5:1 audio albums etc, WB weren't willing to pay for. I don't think her management at the time would have publicly chastised the record company about it if it wasn't actually true.

Guest bluejean

I think Kim is right. Paris would require too much special effort. I think we may get Nice on DVD though at some point.

Guest bluejean

So Madonna actually wanted to include TV performances in a boxset Kim? Where did we hear that? That would have been sensational. I bet it was mainly MTV performances and maybe Sooner or Later from the Oscars.

Mind you wasn't that around the same time of the childrens books, Me Against The Music, those ghastly Gap ads and Reinvention. Not exactly the Madonna of today.

I don't know about TV performances, but the 5.1 remastered audio, yes. This info has been on the webs for alooong time. It goes way back to the interviews Stuart Price and Mike McKnight did for DWT about having to digitize all her music. Stuart was brought on to remaster all her albums in 5.1 surround sound. This would have been his first production credit for an M album before COADf.

A more bigger confirmation came from Caresse Henry when she use to do Q&A's with fans for Madonna.com:

Tom asks
This is a quick question regarding DVD Audio. I was pleasantly surprised to see Madonna is going to release some titles in this new format. Would it be possible for you to find out, when these are going to be released for the UK market and whether or not they are going to be remastered in the 5.1 format which a couple of videos and lyrics and images?

CARESSE: The DVD's will be part of the Madonna Ultimate Box Set which is tentatively scheduled for release Winter 2003 - they will be 5.1 mix and I am sure additional content will also be added.

CARESSE: The DVD's will be part of the Madonna Ultimate Box Set which is tentatively scheduled for release Winter 2003 - they will be 5.1 mix and I am sure additional content will also be added.

10 years ago :( And still no box sets, nothing! Why o why aren't we fans of One Direction, for example? I'm sure in just 5 years they will have more boxes and releases than Madonna in a billion years.

Yeah it was also Caresse Henry that mentioned TV performances in on one of her q&a's on what would be included in this boxset. As well as remixes. unreleased tours etc. She also specifically mentioned that the BA tour question was brought up to her a lot and they hoped to have a release date for the DVD soon.

It wasn't that long after that she announced WB had scrapped the whole thing.

Caresse was pretty unhappy about it. But she did try her best to give something to the fans, even if it wasn't all that great. (NKM book and R&R)

Guest bluejean

Is there somewhere I can see all the pics from that NKM book? I'm guessing it wasn't that great since its rarely mentioned. How many pages? Hard cover?

What is everyone's beef with the Gap ad? I loved it and she looked great. Because of that ad and the children's book we got that fantastic Oprah special which no ones ever talking about. I even loved the Britney duet, the video not so much but the song was a huge number one hit here in Australia. 2003 wasnt all that bad ;)

Guest bluejean

What is everyone's beef with the Gap ad? I loved it and she looked great. Because of that ad and the children's book we got that fantastic Oprah special which no ones ever talking about. I even loved the Britney duet, the video not so much but the song was a huge number one hit here in Australia. 2003 wasnt all that bad ;)

Into The Groove is a classic, the butchering of the song was horrendous and the ad was dorky. Not a big fan of MATM either but I did love the MTV performance that preluded it.